| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs the Pork Chops

It blows my mind too that a D-1 scholarship full ride football player that does one thing doesn't know how to react to a bad scenario. I mean, one bad thing can go wrong as a punter (mishandle a snap/bad snap), so what do I do in the shadow of my own goal? It puzzles me just like the Atlanta Falcons a couple years back not knowing the rules of an onside kick and Arthur Blank making excuses for them about it. Freaking pro athletes on a hands team for one sole reason, and don't know the rules.
Yeah, I think the crazy part of that was just how wayward the snap was. Over your head, through your legs, yes. 45 degrees to the right, he's scrambling to get to the ball, couldn't really survey the field well, a guy got to him pretty quickly. Funny thing, it would've been even more off if it hadn't hit Henry. It could've made the endzone on its own velocity.

Yeah, I think the crazy part of that was just how wayward the snap was. Over your head, through your legs, yes. 45 degrees to the right, he's scrambling to get to the ball, couldn't really survey the field well, a guy got to him pretty quickly. Funny thing, it would've been even more off if it hadn't hit Henry. It could've made the endzone on its own velocity.

Is it possible with Henry touching his face the snapper thought that was the punter requesting the snap? Or is that our normal signal and who gives it and he knows the punter is behind him?

Aight. Are you coaching a kid to fall on the ball or try to pick it up and then run to the end zone?

Depends. A punter is used to fielding a ball, so with him surveying the field at every moment of the play, I'd say make a decision. A lineman who never handles the ball, sure I'm telling him to fall on it. It's more of the situation than simply throwing a blanket teaching lesson on the matter. if no one is around, why fall on it? If your quarterback drops the snap on 4th down, you telling him to fall on it?

Did not seem like the punter was ready and it was snapped much further to the right than was reasonable. This play at the time was extremely frustrating but not nearly as mind boggling as To'o To'o's stupidity. That one caused a signifianct amount of TV screaming to occur in my household.

Is it possible with Henry touching his face the snapper thought that was the punter requesting the snap? Or is that our normal signal and who gives it and he knows the punter is behind him?
Looking at it again, it could've been a number of things. Perhaps Gary was right that he was trying to lead him to the right and he overshot. The punter did seem surprised by the snap in general, not to mention the direction. We may have a number of signs we use in terms of protections, snap direction, when an impromptu fake occurs, etc. Hopefully none are habitual tendencies of the upback.

Did not seem like the punter was ready and it was snapped much further to the right than was reasonable. This play at the time was extremely frustrating but not nearly as mind boggling as To'o To'o's stupidity. That one caused a signifianct amount of TV screaming to occur in my household.
I have to to and BOB play calling at 2 at about same level

Looking at it again, it could've been a number of things. Perhaps Gary was right that he was trying to lead him to the right and he overshot. The punter did seem surprised by the snap in general, not to mention the direction. We may have a number of signs we use in terms of protections, snap direction, when an impromptu fake occurs, etc. Hopefully none are habitual tendencies of the upback.
You know things spin differently in Australia than they do in America

Maybe it fooled him

Back
Top Bottom