| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs the Pork Chops

An ugly stat to me: Final 3 quarters passing 4-11 for 65 yards.

Going to have to find a passing game with Milroe or Simpson and quick. I don’t think we can sustain a performance with 3 rushes for over 70 yards each game. Those 3 rushing plays were the difference in the game.
O'Brien needs to run damn screens. It's crazy that even with a backup QB, he ia stubborn as ever against the blitz.

It’s all been said so I will go a different route.

I think this game will be a major confidence booster as well as a massive learning experience for the entire team. They played great and awful in the same game and still won on the road against a running quarterback and a pretty good defense while watching the momentum shift like a landslide coming off the Lhotse face!!!

Everything is a learning experience, and you can either gain confidence or lose confidence during that learning experience, I think this is a confidence builder

It’s all been said so I will go a different route.

I think this game will be a major confidence booster as well as a massive learning experience for the entire team. They played great and awful in the same game and still won on the road against a running quarterback and a pretty good defense while watching the momentum shift like a landslide coming off the Lhotse face!!!

Everything is a learning experience, and you can either gain confidence or lose confidence during that learning experience, I think this is a confidence builder
I agree, being able to stop the home team on a hot streak, with the fans going nuts, then run them out of the stadium, should be a big confidence booster. Gibbs showed out and nailed the coffin shut, but Milroe's third down run (with Pool thinking he had him contained) was the difference maker. We still have too many drops, but it's great to see new and healed receivers getting into the game.

Saban said that Bryce had dealt with a shoulder sprain a few times and it normally responds to treatment. I had noticed a number of times this season, even in the long completions against Arkansas, that the receivers were having to wait a half count on the ball on longer routes, just slight underthrows, wondering if the shoulder has been bothering him when he's lofting the ball. Flat throws seemed to be fine, the one that the WR had to eat when he missed it was a missile.

I know there's been some disagreement here about Moody's play, but I saw him in the right spots a number of times Saturday, making good plays.

@rick4bama Bama had 3 sacks and a whopping 9 tackles for loss (Moody had one sack and two TFL's). Arky had 1 sack and 4 TFL's. Danielson pointedly noted (since he was told by the Bama coaches earlier in the week) that they had instructions to contain the QB in the pocket and not get deeper than the QB on their pass rush. They were disciplined in the pass rush, which kept him from having big-play scrambles.

Dallas Turner showed up, his 2.5 TFL's were his first of the season. Still has no sacks, but he's a force.

Arkansas is no slouch. Drew Sanders played well with 12 tackles yesterday, clearly inspired, and that D gives him an opportunity to make plays. Bumper Pool is quite a player, and he's a finalist for my all-name team. Raheim Sanders is a tough back.

A good win. I hope Bryce is ready for aTm.

RTR,

Tim

Good- Any win these days is good but away from home in the SEC is a big F deal. After a compete crash and burn in the 3rd qtr, Bama was able to regroup but only due to #4 and that long run on 3rd down (if he doesn't make that then chances are we may have lost that game).

Bad- Injury to #9 on a play that might not have happened had the receivers done their job on the plays before. I had 7 and 11 with two drops each and 81 with a drop and a complete miss on a block that cost us a good gain. Both 7-11 have attitudes about them that don't scream TEAM. 11 got his clock cleaned on that Hog onside kick and I mean cleaned. How awful was the special team play mentally on that play?

Ugly-Penalties

70 holding twice
10 personal foul
1 pass interference (but he cutback this week to just one)
15 facemask
26 block in the back on a really good punt return

This bunch needs a truckload of self discipline yet you don't see Nick get in their face when they hit the sideline. Odd

Good- Any win these days is good but away from home in the SEC is a big F deal. After a compete crash and burn in the 3rd qtr, Bama was able to regroup but only due to #4 and that long run on 3rd down (if he doesn't make that then chances are we may have lost that game).

Bad- Injury to #9 on a play that might not have happened had the receivers done their job on the plays before. I had 7 and 11 with two drops each and 81 with a drop and a complete miss on a block that cost us a good gain. Both 7-11 have attitudes about them that don't scream TEAM. 11 got his clock cleaned on that Hog onside kick and I mean cleaned. How awful was the special team play mentally on that play?

Ugly-Penalties

70 holding twice
10 personal foul
15 facemask

This bunch needs a truckload of self discipline yet you don't see Nick get in their face when they hit the sideline. Odd
Facemask penalty just happens sometimes - I can live with that.
Pass interference is called in every FB game every Saturday ( I think announcers have convinced officials that the DB HAS to turn his head - this is bullshit!)
The personal foul is the one that I would go batshit on - that stuff can cost you the game (as you well know)

Also want to add....we scored 5 tds with Milroe at QB. Don't get me wrong, we definitely need Bryce to be healthy and play but Jalen really messes with a defensive mindset...IMO it's why we are who we are...pick your poison...wont always work out the way as we as fans want, but dayummm, this is a once in a lifetime special kind of deal here for the past decade +, glad I am alive to see it, honestly didnt think I would live to see something better than the Coach Bryant era. 😁

Ugly-Penalties

70 holding twice
10 personal foul
15 facemask

Give Cohen a break on one hold. He just dominated his guy and the refs didn't like it. The others were pretty clear, but I will say atleast Kool-Aid was turning his head unlike every other time.

Give Cohen a break on one hold. He just dominated his guy and the refs didn't like it. The others were pretty clear, but I will say atleast Kool-Aid was turning his head unlike every other time.
I personally thought Kool-Aid played well. Perfect? No but was involved in several plays that resulted in successful pass breakups. Oh and he has now made our punt return game a weapon. He makes a quick decision and plants that foot and goes. Reminds me of Eddie Jackson. Not the quickness/speed of Waddle but a natural intuition to make the right deicison on where to take the return.

The personal foul is the one that I would go batshit on - that stuff can cost you the game (as you well know)
This..... The To'o To'o play was just mindboggling. How does a veteran player do that? Only explanation I have is you just can't fully get that Vile stench out of you once you have been exposed (Yes I know I have a bias about the Viles)....

Good- a win! Solid blocking from OL all day.

Bad- Bryce suffering the injury when simply throwing the ball away earlier would’ve avoided the contact.

Ugly- same dumbass penalties and that 3rd quarter, WTH? BoB play calling inside the 5 at times is absolutely mind blowing!!! 🤬 Milroe scampers down to the 3 and we call an RPO? Go two tight with Randolph and Outz as your end line guys and Latu as the H back and Hell, line Will Anderson up and the FB and run power off tackle!!!

Back
Top Bottom