| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs The Blue Raiders?

Good- Milroe managed things really well overall. Defense looked like a swarm of bees again... very few missed tackles, tackled well in space, just 2 penalties.

Bad- OL wasn't as good tonight against the run as expected, but they did really well with pass protection. DL showed some flashes and the rotation of players was good to see, but they need to improve every week and play consistently well.

Ugly- They speed the game up with clock rules, but it still takes just as long because of all the commercials... so annoying. If Bama loses Key for an extended period of time in week 1, that would also qualify as UGLY.

Good- Milroe played within himself and let the game come to him. He had one bad throw, but he did his job. Defense attacked!! Even the backups played hungry and didn’t go through the motions. Burnip with some bombs!!

Bad- couple of guys getting dinged up in the opener. Hope it is nothing serious!

Ugly- I’m with @Brandon Van de Graaff when it comes to the clock rule. It doesn’t jive with all of the commercials.

Good——the third quarter. I know, it seems like an odd statement because Milroe played very well, but it seemed like in the second quarter he was a little jumpy, not quite enough touch on the ball, sometimes. And I don’t remember trying to stretch the field until the third quarter, but whatever happened in the locker room at halftime seem to settle him down and he looks great.

The bad—— I know it’s the first game of the season, but the offensive line had a few hiccups, I think it will just take time because those big boys are monsters, and I think they will gel.

The ugly—-injuries.

Good - Rees adjusted after halftime. Milroe did look more comfortable when he got more reps. DBs fly to the ball and are a lot more physical. Lawson is a beast at linebacker.

Bad - offensive line and defensive line were not as great as I'd thought. Dalcourt needs to be replaced. I would like to see Ferguson there. I also hope there's more presnap motions under Rees.

Ugly - injuries

Good. Awesome big energetic crowd for mtsu game
Field beautiful
How bout that weather. Almost fall like

Bad. Injuries. Always
360 entrance around stadium.
Moved pretty fast though

Ugly. Nothing really ugly
Ty not playing much

Good: Milroe was much better than anticipated. His athleticism is elite and his touch and accuracy was so much better than I thought it would be. He still holds the ball too long but he's confident.

Bad: Snap issues. IDK what was going on here but there was a bad snap that Milroe turned into a TD but then he had at least four situations where he just straight up bobbled a good snap (and seemed to the throw the timing of the play off). That absolutley has to be fixed.

Ugly: The first 10 minutes of the second quarter was painful. The offense was horrendous and the defense was getting gashed. Penalties, too.

I'd like to know your thoughts.
RE: Sacks and pressure over the right side ... saw running backs missing blocks.

In a hypothetical world:

Let's say Bama is interviewing for a new DC and Rick Stockstill is a candidate. I'm there. They shouldn't have beaten Miami last year...but that game confirmed he's a heck of a coach. He gets A LOT out of his players.

Overall, gotta sit back and consider all of this for a minute...my heart tells me that Texas is in for an ass whippin. My wallet isn't there, yet.

RE: Sacks and pressure over the right side ... saw running backs missing blocks.

In a hypothetical world:

Let's say Bama is interviewing for a new DC and Rick Stockstill is a candidate. I'm there. They shouldn't have beaten Miami last year...but that game confirmed he's a heck of a coach. He gets A LOT out of his players.

Overall, gotta sit back and consider all of this for a minute...my heart tells me that Texas is in for an ass whippin. My wallet isn't there, yet.

Let me know when your wallet gets there, because that's the real test.

I feel confident about Alabama against Texas. Saban probably didn't like the way it played out last year against Texas and probably feel the need to prove a point against them. An ass whupping will send a message to everyone.

In a hypothetical world:

We have to get better with RBs in blitz pickup! Can’t whiff and can’t just throw a chicken wing at the blitzer. Thought the OL was solid in Pass Pro. MTSU was undersized and they ran a lot of run blitzes and slants in an attempt to disrupt the run game.

Back
Top Bottom