| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Jawga

Maybe I should not participate in this after that 2nd half but here goes,

Good- 1st half and win. Being able to lose the momentum big time and still win.

Bad- 2nd half and all the penalties and 4th down conversions. Also how do you give up 500 yards of offense most in the 2nd half? Horrible....

Ugly- Allowing any team to erase a 28 point lead at home and take the lead. Did I say D and offense were terrible in the 2nd half? Conservative strategy in the 2nd half is on the coaches. Good lord that was terrible.

Based on the first half this team has a high ceiling but they also have a looooooong way to go to get there based on the 2nd half.

Amazing: Ryan Williams. 'Nuff said.

Great: I'm gonna say, Bryant Denny absolutely delivered atmosphere wise. That was a loud ass environment with fans singing and partying.

Good: Deboer's record vs top 10 opponents. Big win for him and the program. I think he showed Alabama's definitely here to stay.

Bad: Play calling fucking sucked in the second half. It absolutely fueled a UGA comeback by not continuing to play aggressive and went conservative.

Ugly: Officiating was trash. Also I have a dirty mouth.

Good- The first half. TURNOVERS!!!! Run defense. 3rd down defense.Jalen Milroe. Ryan Williams. Responding immediately after giving up the lead. And finding a way to win. And thank goodness for zabien browns final play.... fantastic job.

Bad- Letting up in the second half. Not generating enough pressure in the second half. Not being able to run the ball outside of milroe.

Ugly- That entire 4th quarter. Georgia going 5-5 on 4th down. Busted coverages in the secondary. ALLOWING GEORGIA TO COME BACK!!!!

Fantastic game, and more than happy we won. But this shouldn't not have ended up the way it did. Credit to Georgia, you can't let an elite team like that lurk around. PUT THEM AWAY!!!!

Good: the energy we came out with on both sides of the ball. The play calling the first quarter was wonderful. The two blitzes we ran that resulted in an INT and a safety. Ryan Williams. Remind me Kirby, is he just 17? 🤣 Brown’s focus and determination even after getting burned. He kept his head in there and made the play. Getting to play Georgia outside of the state of Georgia, for once. Kirby’s halftime adjustments were a thing of beauty for them.

Bad: Penalties again. Killing us. Some poor punts, the muffed kickoff. Defense the last 3 quarters. 4th down defense where they were 7-7 if you count the penalties we made on 4th down. I’ve never seen that kind of success on 4th down. Our DB and safety play the 4th quarter. The lack of separation by our receivers the 2nd half. The continued run calls the 2nd half to the boundary when UGA has clearly adjusted for that. Beck staring down receivers like a boss. Our lack of adjustments at halftime.

Ugly: the Grand Canyon size pocket that Beck had to throw from the last 3 quarters. Our play calling in quarters 2, 3, and 4. The lack of energy from the crowd the 2nd half. The thought of Kirby celebrating a 28 point come-from-behind victory in our house. Our entire team folding like a wet paper sack for nearly 3 quarters, I’ve never seen a team lay down like that before.

Guys, we owe that win to Ryan Williams. He got us 10 points in the 2nd half, our only 10, on the only 2 real positive plays the last 66% of the game. We just quit on offense other than his 2 catches. And he was not open on either of those plays. He went up and made plays and got us those points. Was rightly covered, passes not thrown that great, he did what it took. If he hadn’t scored on that last pass, I have all confidence we’d have had to settle for another field goal. Williams gave us the chance to win and even stay in the game. Kid is a freak of nature.

Beck just threw for 340 yards on us at home… in the 2nd half! I didn’t think he was a gun slinger and I didn’t think they had the WR threats. I was very wrong.

Last edited:
Good- the first half outside of the penalties! Milroe played like BAMA’s 5th Heisman winner! Ryan Williams will bring another Belintnikoff Trophy to BAMA before he leaves.

Bad- The 2nd half play-calling made me want to puke! We got way too conservative!!

Ugly- our secondary play in the 2nd half! The things Ryan Williams does to good DBs! Milroe with the ball in his hands makes defenses look pretty damn ugly as well! Still think there are a few UGA jockstraps on the field!!

Good- win
Bad- is Jalen our only running back? Geez

Ugly- our game plan changed completely in the second half and it almost cost us a win. Keep the foot on the gas and the foot on the neck. We had that thing in the bag if we could have just kept a little intensity from the start of the third until about 2 mins left the 4th. I thinknwe only blitzed once in the second half.

Hope we don't see that team again. Maybe texas can take care of that.

Back
Top Bottom