| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Preseason

It won't seem like it, but I wrote out my reply below then went back and read the others to see if I was repeating anyone. Turns out, I'm pretty much plagiarizing @UAgrad93... but he's not a bad one to agree with, so I'm rolling with it!

Good- Alabama begins the year for the first time in a while not being burdened with ridiculous expectations… UGA is having to wear the heavy crown, and Saban should be able to push some buttons with this team in a way he hasn’t been able to push in quite a while.

Bad- The incessant talk (everywhere I turn), and needless panic at this point, about Alabama’s QB situation for the last few months. I think it's going to be ok, folks.

Ugly- Another year where we see more college football traditions eroded, and the fabric of college football itself further torn thanks to NIL, transfer rules, the conference arms races, etc. Also, other than 2 or 3 games, week 0 and week 1 suck.

Good- Football is about to start

Bad- The idiotic freak outs about Bama QB

Ugly- We’re getting closer to the illustrious game day threads

SITE BULLETIN: You know who you are (MunchyOs). If you haven't already, go pick up your anxiety meds or medical grade weed and take plenty off it before kick off. No one wants to hear your schizophrenic doom and gloom ramblings in the game threads because a QB threw an interception.

Good - For folks living in Alabama, High school football starts tonight.

Bad - The delusions of grandeur of some fans before those first games getting skull drug.

Ugly - Probably most of the first weeks game matchups this weekend, but, what the hell, it's still college football.

SITE BULLETIN: You know who you are (MunchyOs). If you haven't already, go pick up your anxiety meds or medical grade weed and take plenty off it before kick off. No one wants to hear your schizophrenic doom and gloom ramblings in the game threads because a QB threw an interception.
Post of the Year nominee
However, to Munchy’s credit, he usually makes good once he cools off!

Last edited:
I have never been on the in game thread, nor have I gone back and read any of them. I will take more notice this season though. I love when folks go all scorched earth!!!!😂😂
My brother was once in the meltdown thread, after the 1st ole miss loss (Saban era).
“4 million dollars for that crap sandwich”

I have never been on the in game thread, nor have I gone back and read any of them. I will take more notice this season though. I love when folks go all scorched earth!!!!😂😂
My brother was once in the meltdown thread, after the 1st ole miss loss (Saban era).
“4 million dollars for that crap sandwich”
This reminds me we need to buy the live thread thing for game threads...thanks.

You can learn A LOT about members in game threads. I've said it a lot...I'd love to have some of these guys on the golf course betting...most couldn't pay their mortgage by the turn.

Good: Less than a year ago there were serious doubts that Eboigbe would play again with his neck injury. He's had a good fall camp.

Bad: I don't think I've seen the media as bad as it is today. I don't think I've ever seen such a disparity between what fans know versus what the media doesn't. Horrible coverage this fall.

Ugly: I get not liking other teams. I don't like Tennessee. But, I can't put my finger on what's up with Chris Doering. There's an unhealthy hatred there?

Back
Top Bottom