| FTBL The Good (cough), The Bad and The Ugly vs. USF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good - punting and run game looked good. Defense was good minus some stupid mistakes

Bad - Rees won't run the damn ball until it's late in the game. Also Saban not understanding that a spy would work on 3rd down. Even when there was a spy, it set USF in 4th and manageable. Is this seriously the Alabama football we have to accept now? Not playing to dominate your opponent?

Ugly - the oline is soft as baby shit and Rees does nothing to help any of the QBs. Why are we the only team in the country that rarely runs any presnap motion and/or tries to attack the edges? Holy Santa Claus shit. Run a damn screen or something.

The Good - William’s, Burnip and the band … whose members are in better shape than the o-line.

The Bad - not enough bandwidth on this site to list everything.

The Ugly - (See the bad)

Good - the kicking game. Burnip got some nice distances, and could've gotten a little help pinning them deep.
Bad - OL early in games, they were plowing late, but my goodness what an agonizing wait for it.
Ugly - The announcers. Their prepared remarks were so stale they could've been from a video game. RGIII's slobbering over Milroe ignored his two telegraphed picks last week.

QB play is crazy uneven. Ty #1 must've been a pitcher, because every throw was hot and at knee level. Ty #2 held the ball way too long, but the pass to the TE was beautiful, the ball had a Croyle leap out of his hands, I can see why folks are talking.

Good: A win even though it felt like a loss.

Bad: Offensive line is dreadful.

Ugly: Coaching. Just bad all around. This team is so unbelievably disciplined. OC has no clue what he's doing. Saban looks like he's lost.

Good- The punter and kicker.

Bad- For the 2nd week in a row the good has been the punter and the kicker.

Ugly- Our OL performance especially the LT and allowing their QB to escape the pocket time after time...

Worst three game stretch for a Saban coached team since 2007. This is going to be an ugly year regardless but I hope they can still find a way to win them.

Good: I haven’t been real high on Roydell this year but he showed something late in the game. Unlike someone there, it meant something to him. Also good, for a guy that’s had the least amount of meaningful reps this season, Simpson did a pretty good job after he settled in. He missed some throws and held the ball too long a couple times, but also made some good decisions and didn’t really force anything. He should have had a TD on that long pass that Burton dropped too, which would have made his night look better.

Bad: The OL is in a bad spot with the limited QB’s, but no excuses for their play overall at this point now. Something has to change at RT (I think it was more than just Booker being out like Saban alluded to). On the other side, the DL still can’t play with any discipline and they constantly give up contain. At this point, it’s a lost cause with them as far as I’m concerned. That puts a lot of pressure on the backend guys and will make their job unnecessarily harder.

Ugly: 3 weeks in a row that the team has regressed, significantly. With Ole Miss and the SEC schedule looming… not good…

Ugly part II: The shitty tv coverage. I know it happens with other ESPN/ABC games, but the whole, “camera guys can’t go back to their stations” stuff while literally everyone else is doing their jobs is complete bullshit.

I haven’t been real high on Roydell this year but he showed something late in the game.
This was indeed a good. He ran hard. It was good to see. Should challenge the OL to block for a guy that is doing that.

On the other side, the DL still can’t play with any discipline and they constantly give up contain. At this point, it’s a lost cause with them as far as I’m concerned.
This is concerning hearing you say that. Lost cause is a hopeless view that it will not get better. Coaching and leaders on the team can't allow it to be a lost cause. They must demand better and accept nothing less.

Good- Roydell stepping up and breaking out.

Bad- Koolaid coming up in traffic and trying to scoop the punt. OL play for 3+ quarters, and 3rd and long defense.

Ugly- Buchner throwing the ball. PERIOD!!! I’m approaching 53 with little to no cartilage in my shoulder and I could’ve completed those passes that he repeatedly one hopped out to the receivers. Proctor repeatedly getting blown by and Rees not once offering a RB or TE to help with chipping 0.

Good- Burnip, Williams (late)

Bad- puppy pee (O-line)

Ugly- the shots Ty Simpson took in the backfield because of this puppy pee weak ass O-line! (Milroe would’ve dropped the ball on a couple of those for sure).

Proctor repeatedly getting blown by and Rees not once offering a RB or TE to help with chipping 0.
This.... Mind boggling how you do not change something to try and help the guy. Not sure if I will quote it exactly right but CNS did say they went to a bunch protection to try and slow down the pass rush. Still I expected a TE, RB or HB to be out their helping him. The running backs whiffed on pass blocking also a few times.

Good: running game near the end

Bad: Tyler Buchner's passing abilities

Ugly: Offensive Line Protection

Diarrhea Vomit: What will most likely happen to this team during conference play. I have a feeling Mr. Peter Golding is looking forward to facing us next week.

Good. The weather delayed seeing the poot performance.

Bad. OL has to provide the QB protection. I didn't see that one time.

Ugly. Third QB providing the points scored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom