| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Tennessee vs Alabama: No. 14/13 Alabama Falls to No. 4/4 Tennessee, 81-74

Wasted effort. Viles turned the game into a half court game once Bama went up 8. Dictated the game. Bama will not win those games against good teams. Sad to let the Viles come into your home court and beat you. Maybe Oats will quit talking about championships and refocus the team. Another tough game on Tuesday. Road game after a tough emotional game. Issue when you hype one game over another.

Why is it that we get called for illegal screens 4 - 5 times a game? We had so many opportunities in this game. But often we do not play smart,
several of our players are butter fingered and just VERY careless with the ball. Also, some of our bigs try laying the ball up when they should gather themselves and DUNK the damn ball. I hate losing to those cock suckers.

I think the real question people need to ask is, why UT is not called for illegal screens 4-5 times a game and we are? They're constantly moving their feet while screening..why the refs were scared to call the foul in the 3 range? I mean, it's obvious that the SEC officiating has been a steaming turd all season. Just like always UT will flounder in the tournament because that kinda basketball only works if the Referees are letting you get away with things. If they call an objective game we'd have had 20-30 more free throws alone and the game would've been over by midway through the 2nd half. It's been this way ever since Pearl for UT basketball. Kentucky is similar especially at Rupp, they just get whatever they want out of the refs and they play good defense. The issue is, that defense is predicated on constantly fouling the offense and hoping the refs say "that's just part of their defense"

Yep on our home court. Unacceptable.... I guess Oats was right about Bama not rushing the court. You have to win these games with everything on the line to even consider doing that.

I don't understand how in the world you can blame this on CNO. No way. You need to look at the players Nelson was a no show just like the game in Knoxville.

I don't think Bama made a FG from the 9 minute mark where Stevenson missed his 2 FT's until there was about a minute left in the game. Just went bone dry... party because of some terrible shots.
Yes, from 10:19 on the clock until 1:15 remaining. Pitiful span. UT played great D through that spell as well. I give them some credit, but we took some wild shots and missed some open looks and a layup or 2.

I don't understand how in the world you can blame this on CNO. No way. You need to look at the players Nelson was a no show just like the game in Knoxville.
I wasn't specificall blaming it on Oats although he is the coach. However as you know the D has been an issue all year at least with consistency. In this game it was much better overall. Midway in 2nd half the Viles turned the game into a half court game and they played great D. Advantage the Viles.

I wasn't specificall blaming it on Oats although he is the coach. However as you know the D has been an issue all year at least with consistency. In this game it was much better overall. Midway in 2nd half the Viles turned the game into a half court game and they played great D. Advantage the Viles.

There is only so much a coaching staff can do they can teach how to defend but in the end the players have to have the talent and ability and most important they have to have the desire intelligence also comes into play. This team can not defend without fouling they go after every shot fake. In December this team looked like a middle of the pack SEC team like I said in pervious post I think so far this is CNO best coaching job.

Back
Top Bottom