| FTBL New Playoff Rankings Released...

This committee wants to take the easy way out. They have proven it for the past 4 weeks! SOS hasn’t mattered, progressing throughout the season hasn’t mattered, but evidently beating inferior opponents has. With this committee, it wouldn’t surprise me, should BAMA win, even with a loss or two in front of us, that this group of 13 doesn’t move us up to only 5th. It will be a railroad job, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

All a moot point if we do not beat Georgia. Lets take care of what we can take care of. That is a tall enough order.

Yes. I go back to this from a previous thread...

I still firmly hold onto the belief that there is a much greater chance that Bama doesn't win out than Bama wins out and gets left out of the top 4. Winning these next 2 should be the main concern... it is for me anyway.

Some freshly run numbers through the RTB Abacus and a recalibrated Magic 8 Ball* late this afternoon...

The win probability for each underdog this weekend...

Washington = 30.67%
Oklahoma State = 18.26%
Alabama = 44.82%
Iowa = 4.11%
Louisville = 58.33%

*Full transparency, @Kirk Van de Graaff recalibrated the Magic 8 Ball, not me (I'm not officially certified to do such).

Yes. I go back to this from a previous thread...

Some freshly run numbers through the RTB Abacus and a recalibrated Magic 8 Ball* late this afternoon...

The win probability for each underdog this weekend...

Washington = 30.67%
Oklahoma State = 18.26%
Alabama = 44.82%
Iowa = 4.11%
Louisville = 58.33%

*Full transparency, @Kirk Van de Graaff recalibrated the Magic 8 Ball, not me (I'm not officially certified to do such).
I said Curb stomp, nothing about a 44.82%

From over a week ago...

Lastly, if Bama wins out, but they still end up with a log jam in front of them (Texas & FSU win out for example) and it becomes a real possibility that Alabama may not get in... I'll admit that the selection committee makes me a bit nervous with its ridiculous makeup of selected members. But, I'll also add that while Sankey ain't in the room, he's still the most powerful person in college athletics. To think his opinion of the matter (while looking at the possibility of the SEC getting shut out of the playoffs with the 2 best teams) won't hold weight with what ultimately happens in that room would be rather naive.

Today...

The SEC ain't getting left out, folks.

If they gp by what they say it would be behind Texas if Texas wins out. Or they are Hypocrites.

Depends on who you listen to.... Bill Hancock said this week when asked about the committee ranking the best v. most deserving teams in the top 4...

"It is best. Most deserving is not anything in the committee’s lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that’s what they do. Just keep that word in mind: best teams..."

If they truly were to rank the best 4 (and I doubt they will), UGA would still be in the top 4 IMO. That said, I have zero issues with this SECCG being treated as an early round playoff game... mostly because that favors Bama and I'm a homer.

Depends on who you listen to.... Bill Hancock said this week when asked about the committee ranking the best v. most deserving teams in the top 4...

"It is best. Most deserving is not anything in the committee’s lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that’s what they do. Just keep that word in mind: best teams..."

If they truly were to rank the best 4 (and I doubt they will), UGA would still be in the top 4 IMO. That said, I have zero issues with this SECCG being treated as an early round playoff game... mostly because that favors Bama and I'm a homer.
They do choose the best four teams; based on their own criteria. IE: While we see an 11-1 team we know is better than an 12-0 team, that undefeated, conference champion criteria...

Their "best" is determined by "deserving" in that scenario.

Back
Top Bottom