| FTBL New Playoff Rankings Released...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Florida State

5. Oregon
6. Ohio State
7. Texas
8. Alabama
9. Missouri
10. Penn State
11. Ole Miss
12. Oklahoma
13. LSU
14. Louisville
15. Arizona
16. Iowa
17. Notre Dame
18. Oklahoma State
19. NC State
20. Oregon State
21. Tennessee
22. Tulane
23. Clemson
24. Liberty
25. Kansas State

I'll post some thoughts later... feel free to add yours as always...

Just some quick reactions while I wait on supper to be done...

The Negatives:
-FSU didn't drop a spot. Thought there was a good chance they'd slide to #5, but it appears the Committee is leaving their fate in the hands of Louisville instead. And I'll admit, I'm torn on the FSU thing... I feel bad that they lost their QB... but they were a bubble team in my mind with him... without him, they'd be by far the weakest link of any top 4 combo of teams.

-Oregon still being ranked ahead of Texas and Alabama. That one wasn't surprising, but it's still disappointing and without any legitimate merit.

-Teams like Penn State, Louisville, Oklahoma State, and Oregon State are over ranked, helping teams in front of Alabama on the metrics side.

The Positives:
-UGA being at #1 over Michigan is big. Bama beating the #1 team would give them a considerable boost, IMO.

-Ole Miss, LSU, and Tennessee are still solidly in the poll. A win over UGA would give Bama 4 wins over 4 ranked teams, 3 which would be in the top 13 and at least 3 of which would be greater than a 1 score game. That, going along with the SOS numbers for the other top teams, should bode well for The Tide if they can get past UGA.

To rehash some of what I've already stated... In a realistic scenario, Louisville needs to beat FSU. The more committee chairman Boo Corrigan speaks, the less I faith I have in him (and his committee). The man is obviously in way over his head based on his political like question dodging skills. I'd trust Boo Weekley to operate on my brain more at this point, than I do Boo Corrigan and his team to get this right on Sunday. However, I still fully believe that if Bama beats UGA, the Tide will get in, I don't think even Corrigan and his ragtag band can screw that up. At least 1 SEC team is getting in... and I just refuse to entertain any other scenario on that part of it.

-

The deck is stacked against us this year. Unless we beat jawja by double digits, they won't fall out of the top 4. Michigan can start the band against Iowa and win so they won't drop out. Washington vs Oregon winner will be in. If FSU wins, they'll be the fourth team. If they lose, OSU or texas gets in, probably texas.

We'll play OSU or the loser of Washington / Oregon in a "better luck next year" bowl game.

I think the number one thing that stands out is Florida State was five last week and then they beat a really bad Florida team and don’t look good doing it and that moves them up a spot? Honestly, at this point in the season, I am not upset that Texas and Oregon are ranked ahead of us, I think Ohio State is getting far too much credit for beating a very mediocre Penn State and Notre Dame team, this committee has done some strange things, but supposedly it is one of those. As of right now this is what we think type of things so that being the case come next week a lot can change.

Clearly, if Texas were to lose, or if Florida State were to lose, it makes things simpler, but none of that matters if we do not beat Georgia, I find it hard to believe that if we beat the committees number one team, we don’t get put in over Texas, When you start comparing things, all Texas has over us is the head to head which is significant. However, their loss to Oklahoma is not as good as our loss to them, we would both have a conference championship, but our beating the number one team for our ranks anything Texas has done all year and it’s all about the best. Four teams at the time not two months ago , if that were the case, Colorado should be in

Lose early...not late....
Play big nc games for tv
Win ur conference

All things we have heard....

But we all grew up...with things that momma told us...
.dont do it..you'll go blind
Dont run with sissors..
Etc

We found out ...both from ncaa n mom....not to be so true

I think the number one thing that stands out is Florida State was five last week and then they beat a really bad Florida team and don’t look good doing it and that moves them up a spot? Honestly, at this point in the season, I am not upset that Texas and Oregon are ranked ahead of us, I think Ohio State is getting far too much credit for beating a very mediocre Penn State and Notre Dame team, this committee has done some strange things, but supposedly it is one of those. As of right now this is what we think type of things so that being the case come next week a lot can change.

Clearly, if Texas were to lose, or if Florida State were to lose, it makes things simpler, but none of that matters if we do not beat Georgia, I find it hard to believe that if we beat the committees number one team, we don’t get put in over Texas, When you start comparing things, all Texas has over us is the head to head which is significant. However, their loss to Oklahoma is not as good as our loss to them, we would both have a conference championship, but our beating the number one team for our ranks anything Texas has done all year and it’s all about the best. Four teams at the time not two months ago , if that were the case, Colorado should be in

If Florida State can lose, it'll all be solved, as long as we win. If we're all going off the mantra of the Playoffs though and it's the four best teams, the four best teams include Georgia regardless if they lose the SEC Championship. Not gonna tell me Florida State, Texas, Washington, or Ohio State could beat them.

If Florida State can lose, it'll all be solved, as long as we win. If we're all going off the mantra of the Playoffs though and it's the four best teams, the four best teams include Georgia regardless if they lose the SEC Championship. Not gonna tell me Florida State, Texas, Washington, or Ohio State could beat them.
I think unless we blow Georgia out they’re in even if we beat them. Georgia is one of the best teams in the country and will curb stomp either of those teams you mentioned

Be hard to get these 13 to get by the Texas loss

Correct. On UGA… Bill Hancock (CFP director), said they committee’s job is to rank the BEST 4 teams. He said MOST DESERVING isn’t in the equation (paraphrasing). IMO, the best 4 would 100% contain UGA. But, I also have no issues (this year) with the SECCG being treated as a playoff game, which I believe it is… Similar to Oregon v. Washington. But UGA is absolutely, positively one of the best 4 still, even if Bama were to beat them.

On Oregon… the committee Chairman last night was asked several direct questions by Rece Davis about why Oregon was ahead of Texas and Bama when their SOS and such are worse. The dude fumbled around, avoided really answering directly, then stated that Nix’s completion percentage was a factor. The man embarrassed himself.

Back
Top Bottom