| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ 🏆: SWEET 16! Alabama Advances to Second Consecutive NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 with 72-61 Win over No. 12 Grand Canyon

The Crimson Tide and Lopes will tip off inside the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena

SPOKANE, Wash.
– The No. 4 seed Alabama men's basketball team has turned its full focus toward Sunday's NCAA Tournament second round matchup against No. 12 seed Grand Canyon. The Crimson Tide spent most of Saturday afternoon making final preparations and meeting with local and national media prior to the contest, which will tip off at 6:10 p.m. CT (4:10 p.m. PT) on TBS.

Alabama advanced to Sunday's contest thanks toa 109-96 victory over 13-seed College of Charleston Friday night. It marked a NCAA Tournament school scoring record for the Crimson Tide, which entered this year's tournament leading the nation in scoring offense.

Grand Canyon enters the second round with a 30-4 overall mark and finished 17-3 in the WAC on its way to sweeping the regular season and tournament championships. The Lopes advanced to the second round via a 75-66 victory No. 5 seed St. Mary's.

7:40 CST is what I see.

I just looked again elsewhere... it basically says no set time, it'll just tip after the earlier game.

Here's the chart...

GJezF2RXEAA1Mb5

If anyone had said Bama would score just ten points in the first ten minutes, and still lead the game, I'd have lost money on that bet. Crazy lid on the basket from point blank range, and the inconsistency on calls was apparent. Best play of the game was Oats' T to announce his presence with authority...

How he refrained from suplexing one of the officials I'll never know.

Dioubate came up huge in the clutch. All 9 points in the last 5:30 of the game. Nelson 3 points? Wrightsell 2 points? What happened to these guys? Ghosts tonight.

Wrightsell had a good excuse. Even before he went out, he hasn't practiced much or gotten nearly as many shots up as the other guys this week.

Back
Top Bottom