| NEWS Men's Basketball Earns No. 3 Seed, Double-Bye in 2024 SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament- roll tide.com

B

Bama News

The Crimson Tide will take on No. 6 Florida vs. No. 11 Georgia/No. 14 Georgia in Friday’s quarterfinal matchup

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. –
Following Sunday's regular season finale win over Arkansas, the Alabama men's basketball team secured the No. 3 overall seed and a double-bye in the 2024 Southeastern Conference Tournament. The Crimson Tide will play its opening contest in Friday's quarterfinal contest at approximately 8:30 p.m. CT on SEC Network.

Alabama will face one of three opponents Friday afternoon, taking on the winner between Thursday's second round contest between No. 6 seed Florida and either No. 11 Georgia or No. 14 Missouri (8 p.m. CT tipoff), which will be played Wednesday night.

The Tide finished the regular season with a 21-10 overall record and a 13-5 mark in conference play. Alabama recorded back-to-back 13-win league seasons, marking the first time that's occurred since 1986-87.

This year's tournament will be held March 13-17 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

Hopefully a couple of days off and then a lot of work on defense will have the players ready to play.
Had all season to work on D. I doubt a couple more days are gonna change things

Same as our center last year...every week we heard... "gonna work to improve the snapping of ball" And then after a zillion practices and 13 games....on the last offensive play...ball snapped at QBs feet...

The D is gonna be what it is...just have to crank the offense up...
....1...make the shots at the rim
...2...dont letthe opponent keep controlling The boards
....3...shoot the f'ing ball from 3 when u areopen
...4...stop the Anthony Grant lazy f'ing passes

Is this so complicated

The D is gonna be what it is...just have to crank the offense up...
....1...make the shots at the rim
...2...dont letthe opponent keep controlling The boards
....3...shoot the f'ing ball from 3 when u areopen
...4...stop the Anthony Grant lazy f'ing passes
Offense is already number 1 nationally scoring. A few more stops on D is what is needed.
1. Contested shots at the rim are often the toughest to make. Have to be strong enough to withstand the contact and score. Uncontested though are inexcusable!!
2. In 31 games, I believe we have only been outrebounded 5-6 times. It’s the timing that hurts and it goes back to defense. If we are going to play man D, you’ve got to get your body on your man! Zone, find a body in your area!
3. We average taking almost 30+ 3’s a game! Should be “make the open 3’s!”
4. Irritates me as well!! No excuses!

Offense is already number 1 nationally scoring. A few more stops on D is what is needed.
1. Contested shots at the rim are often the toughest to make. Have to be strong enough to withstand the contact and score. Uncontested though are inexcusable!!
2. In 31 games, I believe we have only been outrebounded 5-6 times. It’s the timing that hurts and it goes back to defense. If we are going to play man D, you’ve got to get your body on your man! Zone, find a body in your area!
Yep. ... 1 and 4 irratate me the most.

I think they. Like most bball players these days. Do no use the backboard when shooting around rim...like a lot of older players were taught... all john wooden players almost always banked in shots around rim...as I remember..

Just absolutely no excuse for those telegraphed lazy ass passes...

On 3s. May average 30 a game but last few games...3s were there and passed up..
I know inside game opens 3s...but if you cant make around rim shots...it doesn't work

Be good to see some of these teams on neutral court....to much home cooking in refs

I like bamas chances going forward...have the team to make a run at sec

I'm still completely ok with Bama getting bounced on Friday, but I know Oats wants to win it... and while an SECT championship is about 1/10 as cool as a regular season SEC championship, it would still be nice to cut down the nets. But, at what price would it cost? Bama needs rest right now... 3 games in 3 days leading into the NCAA's isn't a great prescription for that... and with their best defender in Griffen already on the shelf for what is likely at least 2 more weeks... the last thing they need is to lose another guy playing what basically amounts to meaningless games at this point. Rest up, get as healthy as possible, hope for a decent draw by the committee, and find that top 10% 3 point shooting again as a team. If they can get those lined up, they'll be a tough out.

I'm still completely ok with Bama getting bounced on Friday, but I know Oats wants to win it... and while an SECT championship is about 1/10 as cool as a regular season SEC championship, it would still be nice to cut down the nets. But, at what price would it cost? Bama needs rest right now... 3 games in 3 days leading into the NCAA's isn't a great prescription for that... and with their best defender in Griffen already on the shelf for what is likely at least 2 more weeks... the last thing they need is to lose another guy playing what basically amounts to meaningless games at this point. Rest up, get as healthy as possible, hope for a decent draw by the committee, and find that top 10% 3 point shooting again as a team. If they can get those lined up, they'll be a tough out.

I actually like a good tournament run more than the regular season because it's exhilarating to win that many games in that few of days. Just like I'd rather win the Dance rather than be the #1 seed. I've agreed with you though needing our rest. We need something right now.

It’s the lack of offensive rebounds that’s concerning…also it is what it is but when they’re ice cold from 3 they just keep heaving…Oats never wants to pass up an open 3…but when it’s brick city.

The only time I’ve really seen them go away from it even a little is against Florida at home…they drove the ball to get tough 2s and it helped to mount a comeback. Walters hit back to back 3s late in the game which helped get them to 9-30 from 3.

Florida is a bad matchup…they’ll prob see them Friday…but Florida did just love to Vandy so they’re inconsistent. They’ve been that way most of the year…had a good win or two then a head scratcher of a loss.

Last edited:
It’s the lack of offensive rebounds that’s concerning…also it is what it is but when they’re ice cold from 3 they just keep heaving…Oats never wants to pass up an open 3…but when it’s brick city.

The only time I’ve really seen them go away from it even a little is against Florida at home…they drove the ball to get tough 2s and it helped to mount a comeback. Walters hit back to back 3s late in the game which helped get them to 9-30 from 3.

Florida is a bad matchup…they’ll prob see them Friday…but Florida did just love to Vandy so they’re inconsistent. They’ve been that way most of the year…had a good win or two then a head scratcher of a loss.
Another thing...
The 3 away losses were blowouts..

Are those 3. AU...TN...FL....a blowout better than bama ....or home cooking from referees.... or course TN just into the airplane hanger and rebeat us...

Neutral court...see what happens...
Of course if KY makes it....it will be like home game for them

Another thing...
The 3 away losses were blowouts..
MOV has what impact on NET?

A better question is found here. Why do so many choose to take a pessimistic view? IE: "The three away losses were blowouts."

But, at the same time, choosing to ignore...

With Ohio State as the only outlier, six of Alabama's losses are to the top 11 in KenPom rankings. Eight, of nine, are in KP's top 25.

I just don't get the mindset. It's as if people are walking outside on a beautiful spring morning and the first thought is, "there's dew on my windshield, damnit!" All the while ignoring nature's spring revival.

MOV has what impact on NET?

A better question is found here. Why do so many choose to take a pessimistic view? IE: "The three away losses were blowouts."

But, at the same time, choosing to ignore...

With Ohio State as the only outlier, six of Alabama's losses are to the top 11 in KenPom rankings. Eight, of nine, are in KP's top 25.

I just don't get the mindset. It's as if people are walking outside on a beautiful spring morning and the first thought is, "there's dew on my windshield, damnit!" All the while ignoring nature's spring revival.

Why? You ask? Because they were what they were...
Bama played terrible...

Thats not pessimistic....reading rest of post...it was more about home cooking...
Or was presented to be...

I find it interesting that the majority of the people asking "lost to whom" aren't Bama fans: they are rivals.

Alabama basketball, in the eyes of a lot of its fans, is eerily reminiscent of "out damn spot."

Thats true....some ofthose early games were reall tough....
That why playing tough competition in non conference is good...

Find out who ur players are...

I am hopeful Bama will get rest and injured players back and refind the groove. The biggest conver for me is how they have played the last 10 games. Aren't they playing around .500 in those games? Just not playing their best basketball when they need to be.

I am hopeful Bama will get rest and injured players back and refind the groove. The biggest conver for me is how they have played the last 10 games. Aren't they playing around .500 in those games? Just not playing their best basketball when they need to be.
6-4 over last 10, with losses at UK, at UF, at Barn and home against Viles.

6-4 over last 10, with losses at UK, at UF, at Barn and home against Viles.
I guess in all fairness this may have been the most difficult stretch in the SEC schedule which makes you wander were they the team that played the first 8-10 games in the SEC or the last 10 and the last 10 just revealed/exposed them? As I said I am concerned how they are limpiing into the SEC tournament.

I guess in all fairness this may have been the most difficult stretch in the SEC schedule which makes you wander were they the team that played the first 8-10 games in the SEC or the last 10 and the last 10 just revealed/exposed them? As I said I am concerned how they are limpiing into the SEC tournament.
It was a heavy on the backend schedule and we have gotten banged up lately. At least with the double bye to Friday, we do get almost a week of rest. I would say one pretty good bright spot these last 10 games has been Pringle beginning to show the abilities that got him the scholarship he has. Taking to coaching seems to be sinking in with him as well.

Back
Top Bottom