| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ 🏆: SWEET 16! Alabama Advances to Second Consecutive NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 with 72-61 Win over No. 12 Grand Canyon

The Crimson Tide and Lopes will tip off inside the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena

SPOKANE, Wash.
– The No. 4 seed Alabama men's basketball team has turned its full focus toward Sunday's NCAA Tournament second round matchup against No. 12 seed Grand Canyon. The Crimson Tide spent most of Saturday afternoon making final preparations and meeting with local and national media prior to the contest, which will tip off at 6:10 p.m. CT (4:10 p.m. PT) on TBS.

Alabama advanced to Sunday's contest thanks toa 109-96 victory over 13-seed College of Charleston Friday night. It marked a NCAA Tournament school scoring record for the Crimson Tide, which entered this year's tournament leading the nation in scoring offense.

Grand Canyon enters the second round with a 30-4 overall mark and finished 17-3 in the WAC on its way to sweeping the regular season and tournament championships. The Lopes advanced to the second round via a 75-66 victory No. 5 seed St. Mary's.

Keep things moving fast. Saw how charleston wore down.....
Hopefully 3s will fall....
And maybe officials let em play...
They have to find a way for the offense to not impact the defense. They are going to either be off or the other teams D is going to be good. They have to just accept that and hunker down defensively. Easer said than done I guess. Been chasing that all year so not sure at this point it is going to change. Still hold out hope a healthy Griffen and Wrightsell really does help them find they way back to playing like they did in January offensively. Only path I see for them getting into the 2nd weekend.

Seeing more playing time for some of the support players in the middle I believe helped Friday. Since Dioubate was mentioned in an earlier post or thread as a young Herb Jones I watched him closer when he was in the game. Did seem to play better D inside than most we have already.

Last edited:
Dioubate is a dog does not back down and plays bigger than 6'7". Will Nelson show up today that is the question he only played 15 min against CC.
I've said it before but I think Dioubate plays a lot like Juwan Gary right now but has potential to grow into a Herb Jones. Oats preaches blue collar play and I think he fits sort of play the best. Lot of selfless and max effort plays.

For anyone who hasn't watched GC play they are a problem fast, extremely athletic and long. They block shots and rebound well their inside play will be concerning they have rim protection.

Back
Top Bottom