| MBB/WBB 🏀 🏆: SWEET 16! Alabama Advances to Second Consecutive NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 with 72-61 Win over No. 12 Grand Canyon

The Crimson Tide and Lopes will tip off inside the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena

SPOKANE, Wash.
– The No. 4 seed Alabama men's basketball team has turned its full focus toward Sunday's NCAA Tournament second round matchup against No. 12 seed Grand Canyon. The Crimson Tide spent most of Saturday afternoon making final preparations and meeting with local and national media prior to the contest, which will tip off at 6:10 p.m. CT (4:10 p.m. PT) on TBS.

Alabama advanced to Sunday's contest thanks toa 109-96 victory over 13-seed College of Charleston Friday night. It marked a NCAA Tournament school scoring record for the Crimson Tide, which entered this year's tournament leading the nation in scoring offense.

Grand Canyon enters the second round with a 30-4 overall mark and finished 17-3 in the WAC on its way to sweeping the regular season and tournament championships. The Lopes advanced to the second round via a 75-66 victory No. 5 seed St. Mary's.

Did not get to see more than a few minutes of the game. Tried to keep an eye on the score occasionally. Was doing grandson duty.. I need to go back and watch the replay. Sounds like the D showed up.

Dioubate and Wague played tremendous defense in the first game and Dioubate continued on the offensive end in the second game.

Wrightsell gave us another shooter in the first game. He should be ready to go by Thursday. IMO, he was kept out of the rest of the game last night as a precaution. He is a good shooter from the outside and drives well to the basket.

Some things I noticed during both games:
Nelson has been very inconsistent on offense and defense
Griffen plays well at times and then disappears for long peiods of time
Walters shoots the ball better when he does not come right in the game and rush a shot
Estrada has to step up on the offensive end and hit some outside shots
Our rebounding has been severely lacking on the defensive end
Sears is a freaking beast. Salute
Pringle has a lot of trouble catching passes but was physical when we needed it. He has to cut down on stupid fouls
Stevenson gave us some solid minutes
The game of basketball is nothing like it used to be, too much physical play, crying by players when a foul is called and too much one on one play.

Dioubate and Wague played tremendous defense in the first game and Dioubate continued on the offensive end in the second game.

Wrightsell gave us another shooter in the first game. He should be ready to go by Thursday. IMO, he was kept out of the rest of the game last night as a precaution. He is a good shooter from the outside and drives well to the basket.

Nelson has been very inconsistent on offense and defense (Been like that all year long.)
Griffen plays well at times and then disappears for long peiods of time(Been like that all year long.)
Walters shoots the ball better when he does not come right in the game and rush a shot(Been like that all year long.)
Estrada has to step up on the offensive end and hit some outside shots ( He stepped up last night... he played hard.)
Our rebounding has been severely lacking on the defensive end (Been like that all year long.)
Sears is a freaking beast. Salute (Been like that all year long.)
Pringle has a lot of trouble catching passes but was physical when we needed it. He has to cut down on stupid fouls (He let mental and emotional get best of him. He is easily affected by things in game.)
Stevenson gave us some solid minutes (inconsistent at times)
The game of basketball is nothing like it used to be, too much physical play, crying by players when a foul is called and too much one on one play. (Been like that all year long.)
Nelson has been very inconsistent on offense and defense (Been like that all year long.)
Griffen plays well at times and then disappears for long peiods of time(Been like that all year long.)
Walters shoots the ball better when he does not come right in the game and rush a shot(Been like that all year long.)
Estrada has to step up on the offensive end and hit some outside shots ( He stepped up last night... he played hard.)
Our rebounding has been severely lacking on the defensive end (Been like that all year long.)
Sears is a freaking beast. Salute (Been like that all year long.)
Pringle has a lot of trouble catching passes but was physical when we needed it. He has to cut down on stupid fouls (He let mental and emotional get best of him. He is easily affected by things in game.)
Stevenson gave us some solid minutes (inconsistent at times)
The game of basketball is nothing like it used to be, too much physical play, crying by players when a foul is called and too much one on one play. (Been like that all year long.)

Roll Tide! Anybody see that Basketball game break out from that fight?😂 that was a wild game! Glad Bama got the W, in front of Grand Canyons student body and town I believe!
No doubt.... I'm not a BB kinda guy. I didn't watch much of the regular season, maybe a few minutes here and there of a game; however, I did watch this matchup and I have to say I feel so confused as to the ref'ing in this game. That was a blood bath... Are other games this way? I feel like even the announcers were a bit beside themselves with what physicality that was allowed.

No doubt.... I'm not a BB kinda guy. I didn't watch much of the regular season, maybe a few minutes here and there of a game; however, I did watch this matchup and I have to say I feel so confused as to the ref'ing in this game. That was a blood bath... Are other games this way? I feel like even the announcers were a bit beside themselves with what physicality that was allowed.
North Carolina will be a tough one. But, I feel better about this game better than Grand Canyon. All they do is play basketball so they were trying to prove a point. But I’ve never really been a basketball fan only football but 2 months at home recovering from knee replacement. I have to say it’s pretty entertaining! Roll Tide! And yes other games have been physical as well.

Back
Top Bottom