| MBB/WBB šŸ€#16 Alabama @ Florida (Tuesday 6 pm - ESPN) [Oats previews game]

All true about D...

But last nite was lazy passes...mid size players going against bigger players in paint and crazy shots...big men acting like guards...terrible passes.....turning down 3s...shots not falling around rim...etc

Finally turned thatshit off...watched old "mission impossible " tv series...pretty good

I thought it was back to Godfried days...

UF punched us in the mouth and other than Sears, we had no answer. Sears had to get the majority of his points driving to the basket and ended up with a game high 33. I agree with other posters that Estrada has not played good on the defensive end and had several lazy passes that led to turnovers. Nelson has not played well the past 2 games IMO. Griffen does play defense but he takes some really bad shots and I am not a fan of his ball handling. Pringle had another solid game, 11 points, 5 boards but he has to cut down on fouls that limit his playing time. Stevenson will be a player but has to get physically stronger. Other than Pringle, we had 8 points off the bench. Very frustrating to watch us standing around on offense.

UF was very physical. There big men did a nice job on the offensive boards. Richard, Clayton, Samuel and Pullin took our lunch money, ate their lunch and ours too. 23, 22, 19 and 19 points are impressive numbers by their 4 starters. I thought Florida's transition offense was very solid. Several times they beat us down the floor and scored on lay-ups.

We can play good defense at times and we have shown we can play good defense. Our defense last night, jogged back, reached at players driving or made stupid fouls away from the basket. We lost a ton of talent from last years team, no doubt. That should not keep anyone from playing defense on this years team. Hopefully, some things will be corrected before we could embarrass yourself on Saturday the SEC tourney and NCAA.

I turned it off at Halftime. I saw a team that didn't want to truly compete. Should have emptied the bench and found some hard nose guys that wanted to represent Alabama better. I agree with @Brandon Van de Graaff that we look tired and need a break. We've played top level competition for two weeks in a row without rest. I'd rather see us out of the SEC Tournament early and make a rested push in the Big Dance. Unfortunately I feel our draw in the Dance is getting worse with the losses we're racking up.

He's not wrong. He'll hit a shooting streak here and there, but is an absolute liability with his ball handling. Please go watch film and only focus on him, I have.

He scored 21 at UK and 14 at Ole Miss he plays hard I would not call that terrible. He is not the smartest player on the court but he does play hard.
If you want to complain about ball handling take a look at Nelson he lead the team in TO's with 5.

Last edited:
He scored 21 at UK and 14 at Ole Miss he plays hard I would not call that terrible. He is not the smartest player on the court but he does play hard.

As I stated, he'll get on a shooting streak. lots of people play hard, but it doesn't mean they are good ball players. He hurts the team just as much as he helps it. if he's not hitting shots, he's not a guy you want near the court. I hate it because I had high aspirations for him, but he has increased his turnovers and fouls per game this year. Probably comes with more playing time to be fair, but also an indictment he's not secure with the ball or on defense.

As I stated, he'll get on a shooting streak. lots of people play hard, but it doesn't mean they are good ball players. He hurts the team just as much as he helps it. if he's not hitting shots, he's not a guy you want near the court. I hate it because I had high aspirations for him, but he has increased his turnovers and fouls per game this year. Probably comes with more playing time to be fair, but also an indictment he's not secure with the ball or on defense.

Well unfortunately he is one of the best five we have this year. I guess my definition of "terrible" is different from yours and the attention whore.

Back
Top Bottom