| FTBL My thoughts on UGA fans

I was just reading the post regarding the trash on the field at Georgia players, and this sparked me to throw my two cents. I do not want to get into the player/fan situation and will just say both sides should have handled it better.

Where I am a little irritated is in the actions of some Georgia fans. I live in northwest GA and am sometimes pull for UGA in east division match-ups. That being said, I had always heard Georgia fans were classless, and I'm beginning to see it. Just about everywhere I've turned, ESPN video comments for example, and several UGA fans have acted like they blew us off the field (not to mention a classless joke involving maggots and a dead "bear"). All I can say is you had to win in overtime over a time that completed less than a quarter of third-downs and your acting you had your 3rd team in to mop up ... arrogance at its best. All I can say is I hope Georgia loses the rest of their games.

I missed attending and watching the game because I was chaperoning my son's 16th birthday party. I was getting periodic updates by phone. Well, about midnight I get a call from an acquaintance, who is a rabid uga fan, ribbing me about the game. I guess he was searching high and low for an Alabama fan to call. Good for both of us that I was out of range and it rolled over to voicemail.

Living amongst them, I can tell you they are an unholy amalgamation of south carolinian unsubstantiated self-importance and floridian arrogance. They earnestly believe that they have a national standing among the top five programs of all time. The fact that they are located in the same state with aubrun is another black mark for them. That their Atlanta fan base has incorporated yankee obnoxiousness puts them over the top with me.

If not for one physical anomaly, they would have been forever shut out on the national stage.

Other than that, they're really great to be around.

RTR,

Tim

Whenever UGA fans start in on me, I just bring up Steve Spurrier and they leave me alone... Hell all you have to do is say "STEVER SPURRIER" and most times they will just walk off with their tail between their legs and not talk to you for a few weeks.

It Takes Eleven said:
I missed attending and watching the game because I was chaperoning my son's 16th birthday party. I was getting periodic updates by phone. Well, about midnight I get a call from an acquaintance, who is a rabid uga fan, ribbing me about the game. I guess he was searching high and low for an Alabama fan to call. Good for both of us that I was out of range and it rolled over to voicemail.

Living amongst them, I can tell you they are an unholy amalgamation of south carolinian unsubstantiated self-importance and floridian arrogance. They earnestly believe that they have a national standing among the top five programs of all time. The fact that they are located in the same state with aubrun is another black mark for them. That their Atlanta fan base has incorporated yankee obnoxiousness puts them over the top with me.

If not for one physical anomaly, they would have been forever shut out on the national stage.

Other than that, they're really great to be around.

RTR,

Tim

:che

Great post! I couldn't agree more! :D

Wow...

I, for one, have had nothing but positive things to say about Bama and how Saban is turning the Tide back into a top-notch team. How we were fortunate to get out of Ttown with a W. That I hoped you beat Auburn.

I have had no axe to grind with Bama or Bama supporters. Until now...that sure is a mighty broad brush you're using to paint all UGA fans, isn't it?

DawgFanFrom Alabam said:
Wow...

I have had no axe to grind with Bama or Bama supporters. Until now...that sure is a mighty broad brush you're using to paint all UGA fans, isn't it?

If the shoe fits...

Most UGA fans I know are decent folks until it comes to Saturdays. I grew up in ATL and have never understood where they get their arrogance. Pretty average program with a NC twenty seven years ago. Trouble just seems to follow Dawg fans. I wasn't surprised when I heard about the flags at BDS, wasn't surprised to see the trash left where they had tailgated on the Quad, the urinating on visiting fans at Sanford stadium, and other stories of classless behavior. Pretty standard. Only other fan base I know with less class would be the barn. Just speaking from personal experience.

RTR!

I also live here in Ga. I have to say, I've caught it all week long. You would think they beat us 31-0. I had a guy come in my store the other day and ask me was I upset after being "blown out". I was like, UHH WHAT???

I was also shocked to hearing Ga. fans screaming they want Florida. Yeah, whatever! :roll:

bamadezz said:
I also live here in Ga. I have to say, I've caught it all week long. You would think they beat us 31-0. I had a guy come in my store the other day and ask me was I upset after being "blown out". I was like, UHH WHAT???

I was also shocked to hearing Ga. fans screaming they want Florida. Yeah, whatever! :roll:

They want Florida, heck they could not even handle SC. We should have never been in overtime with them, we just didn't have the kinks worked out in time, which is understandable with a new coach/program. When we get moving on all cylinders this year :shock:

bamadezz said:

yoda.jpg

Play them they must! Lose to them they will!

OK..well, I guess from now on I'll equate Bama fans with you guys and the morons that threw crap at our players. Guess I'll believe all the folks down here that rail against Bama fans for living in the past. The arrogance displayed by fans of a program that's been in decline for the last decade. I'm starting to undersatnd why all the Auburn fans around here think you're pompous. All the bad things folks say about Bama fans must be true if you guys are typical Bama fans...

That's as stupid as some of the stuff ya'll are writing...

DawgFanFrom Alabam said:
OK..well, I guess from now on I'll equate Bama fans with you guys and the morons that threw crap at our players. Guess I'll believe all the folks down here that rail against Bama fans for living in the past. The arrogance displayed by fans of a program that's been in decline for the last decade. I'm starting to undersatnd why all the Auburn fans around here think you're pompous. All the bad things folks say about Bama fans must be true if you guys are typical Bama fans...

Now,Dawgfan, don't let them draw you into thier logic. :D There are certainly good fans in all camps. The choice is ours. Let's be good ones!! :D There are many fans out there that run their mouth more than they should. I live in GA also, and know several from UGA and from UA that I don't really care for. Keep the outlook from your first post, not your last. :D

DawgFanFrom Alabam said:

Uh, I thought you had nothing but good things to say about Bama. Geez, it doesn't take much to get a rival to show their true colors. If you read my post DFFG, you would see I speak from personal experience, THAT MEANS I've had plenty of run-ins with jack-ass Georgia fans my whole life. Are you the next one? Leave peacefully please and go back to the Dawg forums. Some on here won't agree but I know there are many who do...I could care less what you think. It's a free country but this is an Alabama forum. Tread lightly.

Denny Chimes said:
DawgFanFrom Alabam said:

Uh, I thought you had nothing but good things to say about Bama. Geez, it doesn't take much to get a rival to show their true colors. If you read my post DFFG, you would see I speak from personal experience, THAT MEANS I've had plenty of run-ins with jack-ass Georgia fans my whole life. Are you the next one? Leave peacefully please and go back to the Dawg forums. Some on here won't agree but I know there are many who do...I could care less what you think. It's a free country but this is an Alabama forum. Tread lightly.

;tr

I know there are a few people on here that don't like UGA and their fans but overall, I have had positive experiences with UGA fans and have attended many games with my UGA buddy, including a Cocktail Party.

Every fan base has it's lunatic fringe and we are no exception. Of course it's going to be a little tougher on the folks that live here in GA but overall I think as a whole, most people don't give UGA much of a thought except when they rotate onto our schedule.

The only only time I've ever been amongst a lot of UGA fans was at the 2002 UGA game at BDS. All of the ones I talked to and ran into that day were very polite, classy, and fun to be around. Way better than the UArk crowd I've met.

Bama Bo said:
The only only time I've ever been amongst a lot of UGA fans was at the 2002 UGA game at BDS. All of the ones I talked to and ran into that day were very polite, classy, and fun to be around. Way better than the UArk crowd I've met.

You had a better time than I did that game. I had 4 punks behind me that kept spitting on everyone. We ended up having them removed from the game.

DawgFanFrom Alabam said:
We can all agree we have our share of homer fans. Both schools also have mature, friendly, knowledgable fans that you can sit down next to regardless of who's house you're in and enjoy a great ballgame.

Good luck the rest of the season. Roll Tide.

Without a doubt they are fans likes this at every school. It is a shame the people act like that. I know not all GA fans are not like that or I would be lumping my dad in that group as well. He grew up in Winder, GA and has always been a bull dog fan. So I know that not all of them are bad. :)

I hate to rain on the parade for some, but just because you're favorite school is [blank] doesn't mean that your fans will act any different. Fans = People, not different animals, people are people. There are stuck up people, and there a nice people. Just because you're a fan doesn't give you this spiritual rebirth that everyone thinks you get. Some people just don't know how to act, some of the folks down at Ttown this past saturday were classy, some where down right annoying, and i'm speaking for both sides of the red.

Back
Top Bottom