| FTBL Nick Saban told @ClowESPN that he was "disappointed" in how Alabama players acted after the Rose Bowl loss.

Dartmouth basketball team just formed a union.. The school should end the basketball program asap.. either that or force them to form insurance and benefits packages..time to send a message..

Let's get back on track a little. Some of you didn't read the article in full. Saban mentioned few players who came to him asking for more money. Take a guess who it was..... I can think of few players ....

The guy who caught game winning touchdown this last season.

Another player who pissed off other players before entering transfer portal.

Another player with similar name Deez nuts.

Bama seemed very uptight leading up to that game and during it.. Did the players have a premonition that Saban may leave or something big was brewing?…When the team lost the game, the feelings kind of exploded..There was a lot of rumors and chatter in the air..The team sure had a lot of regrets after that game, especially on how they played..But did they feel like it might have cost them their coach? Or that they disappointed him greatly…
I got no sense of that. The QB was shit talking his former OC for crying out loud.

Can blame them for wanting it before they earn it though.

Can .....but.......not when everyone else is getting it. Well. Can blame them on one hand but not blame them on other hand.

Whoever is blame for this mess should be shot.

Right @24and7 Shut it down.

What i see. If you want to watch CF or other college sports. Maybe college presidents will get schools thst dont want to use nil or place some restrictions n limits and form a conference. Have real college football again

Personally, I think Coach Saban should have shelved this, but he as always has a reason for what he speaks. As far as the NIL and Transferring. It has and will continue to shit on college football. Having a free ride to School means nothing now. IMO
Its not gonna solve it self.
Loke i said earlier. College presidents are gonna have to step in.

Only way. Period

Personally, I think Coach Saban should have shelved this, but he as always has a reason for what he speaks. As far as the NIL and Transferring. It has and will continue to shit on college football. Having a free ride to School means nothing now. IMO

What if all agreed and said. Nick. Here 10 mill a year. Bring us a proposal that we can live with and all sign off on yo accept proposal. Lol

What if all agreed and said. Nick. Here 10 mill a year. Bring us a proposal that we can live with and all sign off on yo accept proposal. Lol
LOL my friend.... I actually think it was his time, he may have had a few more years, but his frustration with all the goings on would of lead to a decline. Just my gut feeling. He gave us 17 years and I am happy with that. I remember when people would say there will never be a Coach to do better at Bama than The Bear, well here we are. I thank Coach Saban, and if he didn't like the direction of college football as it stands today, then he did what he felt was right.

Let's get back on track a little. Some of you didn't read the article in full. Saban mentioned few players who came to him asking for more money. Take a guess who it was..... I can think of few players ....

I get the touchdown catch one, but who are the others? Dezmond Ricks?

Exactly. He also specifically said that the post-game behavior was NOT the reason he retired but he was disappointed and it contributed.

I'm going to say it again, NIL and the Portal is causing cultural issues in college football. When the best to ever do it can't get the team to buy in, there is no hope. People argued these points years ago when I said it would cause issues, and here we are. Luckily Saban cemented his legacy before this crap, so he'll still go down as the best, but it's making it harder to coach when the inmates run the asylum. A direct correlation with teaching in America these days and why people aren't wanting the job.

Don't get mad after the game and throw your helmets, because you had 60 minutes to make a statement. You're sloppiness and lack of preparation caused the result.
Coach Saban warned everyone about what they would do to college football. Everyone laughed at him and called him "ancient" and "stuck in the past" and "unwilling to change with the times"...but he knew.

And hearing stories about him talking to players and the first thing out of their mouth is "So how much can you pay me to come to Alabama?" NIL has turned college football into NFL Jr. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those guys shouldn't get paid for their image and name, because they absolutely should. But the NCAA had a perfect opportunity to put a cap on it, and they didn't. If they'd have put a cap on it, then players wouldn't be picking their school based on how much they were getting paid. Because if almost every school can pay you the same amount, it changes the dynamic and puts it back in the coach's and school's hands, NOT the players. You get there on talent, alone, not on a paycheck.

I used to be a fan of college football. I used to watch non-Alabama games from time to time because I liked the match-ups (OSU/Mich, UGA, Fla, OM/MSU, USCe/Clemson, etc.) But a couple years ago, I just lost interest. I still watched Alabama games, but that's all I watched. And this past season and the one before it was getting even worse. I just got to where I didn't even want to watch Alabama play. I'd rather just listen to Eli on the radio .And hell, now THAT'S gone.

I guess I'm just getting to be an old man (even though I'm not).

I'll still support Alabama and all of their programs. That will never change. But the fire has diminished somewhat. And maybe Kalen DeBoer can get the flame a bit higher. I hope he does. I hope he can continue what's been built and take the program to more championships. And I hope there's an issue with finding a spot for his statue.

What Coach Saban added to, from what was previously built by other great coaches, is nothing short of outstanding. And no one will ever be able to deny that. And I feel damn lucky for him to have been the coach for the team that I love. We all knew the ride would end one day. And I wished it could've kept going for a couple/three more years and added in another NC or SECC or 2. But such is life. It's never fair and sometimes it gives you that gut check moment when you least expect it. And you just have to keep going and take it one day at a time.

I fully expect it to get a bit ugly before it gets better. And I don't expect Coach DeBoer to win them all in his 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd year...as long as there's progress in the right direction. I'm pulling for him. And I hope he surprises me and everyone else.

RMFT!!!

Last edited:
Coach Saban warned everyone about what they would do to college football. Everyone laughed at him and called him "ancient" and "stuck in the past" and "unwilling to change with the times"...but he knew.

And hearing stories about him talking to players and the first thing out of their mouth is "So how much can you pay me to come to Alabama?" NIL has turned college football into NFL Jr. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those guys shouldn't get paid for their image and name, because they absolutely should. But the NCAA had a perfect opportunity to put a cap on it, and they didn't. If they'd have put a cap on it, then players wouldn't be picking their school based on how much they were getting paid. Because if almost every school can pay you the same amount, it changes the dynamic and puts it back in the coach's and school's hands, NOT the players. You get there on talent, alone, not on a paycheck.

I used to be a fan of college football. I used to watch non-Alabama games from time to time because I liked the match-ups (OSU/Mich, UGA, Fla, OM/MSU, USCe/Clemson, etc.) But a couple years ago, I just lost interest. I still watched Alabama games, but that's all I watched. And this past season and the one before it was getting even worse. I just got to where I didn't even want to watch Alabama play. I'd rather just listen to Eli on the radio .And hell, not THAT'S gone.

I guess I'm just getting to be an old man (even though I'm not).

I'll still support Alabama and all of their programs. That will never change. But the fire has diminished somewhat. And maybe Kalen DeBoer can get the flame a bit higher. I hope he does. I hope he can continue what's been built and take the program to more championships. And I hope there's an issue with finding a spot for his statue.

What Coach Saban added to, from what was previously built by other great coaches, is nothing short of outstanding. And no one will ever be able to deny that. And I feel damn lucky for him to have been the coach for the team that I love. We all knew the ride would end one day. And I wished it could've kept going for a couple/three more years and added in another NC or SECC or 2. But such is life. It's never fair and sometimes it gives you that gut check moment when you least expect it. And you just have to keep going and take it one day at a time.

I fully expect it to get a bit ugly before it gets better. And I don't expect Coach DeBoer to win them all in his 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd year...as long as there's progress in the right direction. I'm pulling for him. And I hope he surprises me and everyone else.

RMFT!!!
Nice thought-out post!

Back
Top Bottom