| FTBL Nick Saban told @ClowESPN that he was "disappointed" in how Alabama players acted after the Rose Bowl loss.

Don't forget the AD's, they have played a role in this as well. There's plenty of blame to go around, it just needs fixed.

Right Mike
There is so much blame. What i cant understand is what is the future they see that leads them down the rabbit hole

Money over the sport? Surely they don't see it as an improvement of cf. or all sports

Fans. All i talk to. All see things not being good. Just a money grab

What i cant understand is what is the future they see that leads them down the rabbit hole
Step back in time, look in the mirror, and ask yourself what you were saying at the end of Coach Stallings tenure.

"We need a true national champion settled on the field." Which led to the BCS ... which led to more complaints ... which led to the four teams ... which led to more complaints ... which has led the game to where it is today.

People said there was a problem and then tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

Right Mike
There is so much blame. What i cant understand is what is the future they see that leads them down the rabbit hole

Money over the sport? Surely they don't see it as an improvement of cf. or all sports

I am old and my take doesn't matter, but I find myself less interested in Bama football or other college football. Nick quit because he could no longer deal with the recruiting pool of players and their hands out parents. Starting in 2021 he tried the appeasement and purchase plan for his roster and recruits. Then again he didn't have much of a choice since others were on the same plan. If you can't run a program with discipline then you don't have a program. He quit because he was tired of Fuking with today's player pool.

Fans will have the last say or then again, the games will go on until the TV money longer supports the top dogs. The stands will look like a low level bowl game.

They ruin everything they touch and it is already documented for you.

The state of football (both pro and college) is starting to cause a lot of disinterest in fanbases.

I can only hope that one day all these money obsessed players and empty suit types wake up one morning and say "Hey! Where the money at?" as the once passionate fan bases are no longer the size as they once were. And as the fan bases dwindle, so will their paychecks.

Step back in time, look in the mirror, and ask yourself what you were saying at the end of Coach Stallings tenure.

"We need a true national champion settled on the field." Which led to the BCS ... which led to more complaints ... which led to the four teams ... which led to more complaints ... which has led the game to where it is today.

People said there was a problem and then tried to fix something that wasn't broken.
Nothing wrong with wanting a system the gives us a " national champion " as determined by players on the field

We debated this. 4 worked. But was slightly off center. I hated the 12. But it would have worked. Its an amoeba now. Has life of its own fueled by $$$$. Difficult to reel in

Funny thing is. Bama probably responsible for its growth. Somewhat anyway

And then. A committee tried to fix it.

The state of football (both pro and college) is starting to cause a lot of disinterest in fanbases.

I can only hope that one day all these money obsessed players and empty suit types wake up one morning and say "Hey! Where the money at?" as the once passionate fan bases are no longer the size as they once were. And as the fan bases dwindle, so will their paychecks.

I dont know. I think nfl is peaking at all time high. What 120M or something viewing of superbowl. World wide.
CF people are trying to copy the format.

Your on the nail @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Right Mike

If I wanted college football to be the NFL, I would be a NFL fan. The powers that be are ruining the game.

Back
Top Bottom