| FTBL Nick Saban told @ClowESPN that he was "disappointed" in how Alabama players acted after the Rose Bowl loss.

In an interview with ESPN published Wednesday, Saban said he was "disappointed" by players' actions on the field and in the locker room in Pasadena following the 27-20 overtime loss to Michigan.

"I was really disappointed in the way that the players acted after the game," Saban said. "You gotta win with class. You gotta lose with class. We had our opportunities to win the game and we didn't do it, and then showing your ass and being frustrated and throwing helmets and doing that stuff ... that's not who we are and what we've promoted in our program."

I'm going to say it again, NIL and the Portal is causing cultural issues in college football. When the best to ever do it can't get the team to buy in, there is no hope. People argued these points years ago when I said it would cause issues, and here we are. Luckily Saban cemented his legacy before this crap, so he'll still go down as the best, but it's making it harder to coach when the inmates run the asylum. A direct correlation with teaching in America these days and why people aren't wanting the job.

Don't get mad after the game and throw your helmets, because you had 60 minutes to make a statement. You're sloppiness and lack of preparation caused the result.

Players are under so much pressure to win and perform to make money… behavior like the listed is NORMAL and has always happened.. maybe CNS just finally noticed..To me, it sounds like Saban has mixed emotions about retiring.. So he is contantly trying to reassure himself that he did the right thing..

Players are under so much pressure to win and perform to make money… behavior like the listed is NORMAL and has always happened.. maybe CNS just finally noticed..To me, it sounds like Saban has mixed emotions about retiring.. So he is contantly trying to reassure himself that he did the right thing..
I don't think that's the case. He retired because his body couldn't keep up with the demanding life as a football coach. He was struggling to function on some days. He knows he made the right choice because only that, he wanted to spend more time with his family.

Everybody gets mad. I'm sure Saban slammed a few chairs during his days. This is not something Saban "just realized was happening". I don't think the 2020 team did this. I don't think the 2009 team did this, or the 2012 team did this. Those teams had true leaders, were hungry, and all still fought for their future. Senior laden teams leave major holes for the next team, and we had some good leaders in Bryce and William come back after the 2020 team, but when they left it doesn't appear anyone truly took the reigns or learned from the last true leaders. That and money causes a lot of this. Also hard to get a one year transfer to come in and buy into what it takes two-three years to learn (The Process)(4th Quarter Program)(Leadership Council).

Everybody gets mad. I'm sure Saban slammed a few chairs during his days. This is not something Saban "just realized was happening". I don't think the 2020 team did this. I don't think the 2009 team did this, or the 2012 team did this. Those teams had true leaders, were hungry, and all still fought for their future. Senior laden teams leave major holes for the next team, and we had some good leaders in Bryce and William come back after the 2020 team, but when they left it doesn't appear anyone truly took the reigns or learned from the last true leaders. That and money causes a lot of this. Also hard to get a one year transfer to come in and buy into what it takes two-three years to learn (The Process)(4th Quarter Program)(Leadership Council).
Bama seemed very uptight leading up to that game and during it.. Did the players have a premonition that Saban may leave or something big was brewing?…When the team lost the game, the feelings kind of exploded..There was a lot of rumors and chatter in the air..The team sure had a lot of regrets after that game, especially on how they played..But did they feel like it might have cost them their coach? Or that they disappointed him greatly…

I'm still surprised at how easily this happened. Power move.

Saban spoke with his players for six minutes before leaving the room. Byrne then told the team he would have a new coach in place within 72 hours.
"It ended up being 49. I thought I would beat the 72-hour window but wanted to give myself some padding," Byrne said.
Saban's meeting with his players ended at 5:06 p.m. ET on Jan. 10. At 6:06 p.m. ET on Jan. 12, Byrne posted a photo on social media with smoke rising from a chimney -- like the Vatican does when there's a new pope, except this time it was the chimney of a Tuscaloosa barbecue joint -- confirming that Washington's Kalen DeBoer was Saban's replacement.

Talking about the NIL stuff! A freshman from Fla. has bought his Mother a house with his NIL money! So yes, the NIL and portal have ruined college football.

AJ getting spanked..

I think....this...we have all talked about it some....

Disipline..... just so much undisciplined play.... we got beat in early saban years ...but i always thought we played with focus and discipline

But....i really dont know that to betrue in later years...all the penalties...stupid massive amounts... blown coverages....poor line play..terrible center play...that was never corrected..
All with outstanding players...

Nick said...when he wasnt helping or was hurting team. He would step away...

He was getting talent on field but..damn.... championship teams....not winning championships.. maybe a lot to do with assistants... but...the later years weren't saban like...
Imo

I think....this...we have all talked about it some....

Disipline..... just so much undisciplined play.... we got beat in early saban years ...but i always thought we played with focus and discipline

But....i really dont know that to betrue in later years...all the penalties...stupid massive amounts... blown coverages....poor line play..terrible center play...that was never corrected..
All with outstanding players...

Nick said...when he wasnt helping or was hurting team. He would step away...

He was getting talent on field but..damn.... championship teams....not winning championships.. maybe a lot to do with assistants... but...the later years weren't saban like...
Imo
AJ actually thought it was funny

Back
Top Bottom