| GAME THREAD 🏈 LSU vs Alabama 🏈 ~ 6:46 CT on CBS

This was real good game Between the teams. I wouldn't say D was aweful... they just didn't contain the pocket with Daniel running wild.
Two questions.

Who has?
Who will?

No make that three.

Who can?

I don't know if his talent will translate to the league, but he is a HELL of a college QB. (He had some help last night with some great catches as well.)

Two questions.

Who has?
Who will?

No make that three.

Who can?

I don't know if his talent will translate to the league, but he is a HELL of a college QB. (He had some help last night with some great catches as well.)
Who has? FSU... Bama slowed him down finally.
Who will? Probably no one going forward.
Who can? Probably only Bama and UGA. By "can" I mean slow him down. I have not watched UM or OSU so maybe they can no idea. Honestly the best D Bama had was our offense controlling the game.

Who has? FSU... Bama slowed him down finally.
He threw for almost 350 yards against FSU. 219 last night. And FSU slowed him down? He didn't run on FSU. He didn't have to run against FSU.

383 total yards against Bama and over 400 against FSU.

LSU dropped 24 on FSU, 28 on Bama (weeks later.)

No one has stopped him this season.

He threw for almost 350 yards against FSU. 219 last night. And FSU slowed him down? He didn't run on FSU. He didn't have to run against FSU.

383 total yards against Bama and over 400 against FSU.

LSU dropped 24 on FSU, 28 on Bama (weeks later.)

No one has stopped him this season.
I only looked at the score against FSU. Did not look at the stats nor did I watch the game.

You have seen enough of my post over the years that you know I am not over the top about last nights game because of stats like you pointed out. No way I am ever ok with the way our D played regardless of the QB or that we won the game. I give you that Daniels is hard to handle but our D should have played better than they did. Nothing anyone can say to make that D performance especially in the first half ok.

There’s still a lot the defense can clean up - which is a good thing.

DE’s we’re getting up field too much last night, for one.

Wish we could have buckled down and caused some FG’s in the redzone.

But all in all, the defense played good enough against maybe the toughest offense they’ll see all season.

I only looked at the score against FSU. Did not look at the stats nor did I watch the game.

You have seen enough of my post over the years that you know I am not over the top about last nights game because of stats like you pointed out. No way I am ever ok with the way our D played regardless of the QB or that we won the game. I give you that Daniels is hard to handle but our D should have played better than they did. Nothing anyone can say to make that D performance especially in the first half ok.
2nd half was the same.... We just rushed 5 and managed it little better. If Daniel had stayed in game I think he would've got one more score on us.

2nd half was the same.... We just rushed 5 and managed it little better. If Daniel had stayed in game I think he would've got one more score on us.
Which would give another Bama possession.

This is the thing that threw me all week. Very few talked about defending Bama. It was all about LSU and their offense.

"Can Bama go punch for punch?"

Pretty soon.

42-28. 🤷‍♂️

On an offense averaging right at 50 a game? A book isn't judged on the preface, it's judged on all chapters.
The outcome of the entire game is fine. 2nd half D was better but the offense played complimentary football and controlled the game. I stand by my comment nobody can claim the first half D was good or even ok. You can twist it anyway you want but that was poor defense. They are better than how they played in the first half. Stats do not tell the whole story but it paints a picture that is not good.

I stand by my comment nobody can claim the first half D was good or even ok. You can twist it anyway you want but that was poor defense.
I'm not twisting anything. I am saying no one has stopped Daniels until we saw Bama do so in the second half.

I don't believe in the notion that a team playing against a great player, and struggling, is a bad defense. I don't see it as a fair shake; Daniels is a hell of a college QB.

I'm not twisting anything. I am saying no one has stopped Daniels until we saw Bama do so in the second half.

I don't believe in the notion that a team playing against a great player, and struggling, is a bad defense. I don't see it as a fair shake; Daniels is a hell of a college QB.
I do not disagree that Daniels is really good. I still stand by that was poor D. I will say that anytime we give up almost 400 yards in one half and 21 points.

Back
Top Bottom