| GAME THREAD 🏈 Michigan vs Alabama 🏈 ~ 4 PM CT on ESPN

I agree… that was a poorly executed game by Bama. Michigan was the better team on the field snd honestly were lucky it was a chance for us to win.

I am hopeful for the growth of Milroe next year… but honestly o’Brian is correct… he’s not a QB.
I thought the same thing about Hurts during his sophomore year. Milroe will continue to develop. He scored 35 TDs this year, tying for sixth all-time in Bama history. His total season yards of 3,186 puts him just ahead of Coker, and it's the seventh best season in Bama history. Henry and McElroy will drop out of the top 10 on their respective lists because of Milroe's accomplishments this season.

On the total TD list, Blake Sims is the only player to not start an NFL game. Total Yards, it's Sims and Coker. It's elite company.

TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS (SEASON)
50 Bryce Young (47 passing, 3 rushing) .......................................................2021
48 Tua Tagovailoa (43 pass, 5 rush) ...............................................................2018
42 Mac Jones (41 pass, 1 rush) .........................................................................2020
36 Jalen Hurts (23 pass, 13 rush) ....................................................................2016
36 Bryce Young (32 pass, 4 rush) ....................................................................2022
35 Blake Sims (28 pass, 7 rush) .......................................................................2014
31 AJ McCarron (30 pass., 1 rush) ...................................................................2012
30 Najee Harris (26 rush, 4 rec.) ......................................................................2020
28 AJ McCarron (28 pass, 0 rush) ....................................................................2013
28 Derrick Henry (28 rush) ...............................................................................2015

TOTAL YARDS (SEASON)
4,872 Bryce Young (4,872 pass, 0 rush) ..............................................................2021
4,514 Mac Jones (4,500 pass, 14 rush) ................................................................2020
4,156 Tua Tagovailoa (3,966 pass, 190 rush) ...................................................2018
3,837 Blake Sims (3,487 pass, 350 rush) ...........................................................2014
3,734 Jalen Hurts (2,780 pass, 954 rush) ...........................................................2016
3,513 Bryce Young (3,328 pass, 185 rush) ........................................................2022
3,178 Jake Coker (3,110 pass, 68 rush) ...............................................................2015
3,041 AJ McCarron (3,063 pass, -22 rush) .........................................................2013
2,997 AJ McCarron (2,993 pass, 4 rush) .............................................................2012
2,975 Greg McElroy (2,987 pass, -12 rush) .......................................................2010

It was obvious adjustments were made at halftime offensively and defensively because both played much better the second half. It was a disaster having to go into OT. They had made plays in critical situations all game. The D played well that last drive where Michigan tied the game but Michigan just made some outstanding plays including the tip ball by, I think Lawson and the Michigan receiver making the catch. Now the play calling the last minute of regulation time and in OT by Rees was totally mind boggling plus the defensive play in OT was pitiful. By most standards this team had a successful year but by Bama standards not so much. I appreciate what the team did this year but I’m sure most of the players and CNS are expecting much more next year. RTR

He can't make simple reads. Think Rees has had his hands tied in calling plays due to milroe's limitations

Not a bad call by Rees!! Follow your guard !!.. Clear TD lost!!

Hard to read the play when you have to move your eyes to your shoelaces after yet another bad snap. I really think Milroe played his heart out this game, there's only 2 plays this game where I can honestly say he didn't make the right play. The fumble where he was just way too nonchalant with the ball and the slide earlier in the game where he could've dove or laid his head down and pushed for the 1st down. Outside of that, he was a warrior today and got up time and time again after the O-line failed to block and the center constantly threw snaps at his shoes.

Hard to read the play when you have to move your eyes to your shoelaces after yet another bad snap. I really think Milroe played his heart out this game, there's only 2 plays this game where I can honestly say he didn't make the right play. The fumble where he was just way too nonchalant with the ball and the slide earlier in the game where he could've dove or laid his head down and pushed for the 1st down. Outside of that, he was a warrior today and got up time and time again after the O-line failed to block and the center constantly threw snaps at his shoes.

No matter what he does, Milro will never be good enough for a some of our "fans"... not pointing to anyone in particular with that statement, it's more of a general comment... but unfortunately, it's true.

I'm not saying he's not a warrior, doesn't give his all, etc. He's not a qb imo. He can't/ doesn't make reads consistently in rpo plays, doesn't get thru progressions, and gets flustered easily under pressure. He's a great athlete but not a qb. I'm not sold on the snaps being Seth's fault, how many times did that happen with Bryce? I don't remember it being an issue.

The look in Milroes eyes on the last drive and OT drive was not good. Of course it is speculation but he looked rattled. This was from the camera angles during the timeouts.

I'm not saying he's not a warrior, doesn't give his all, etc. He's not a qb imo. He can't/ doesn't make reads consistently in rpo plays, doesn't get thru progressions, and gets flustered easily under pressure. He's a great athlete but not a qb. I'm not sold on the snaps being Seth's fault, how many times did that happen with Bryce? I don't remember it being an issue.

He's almost certainly going to be a 1st round pick in 2025 as a quarterback.

You think? He’s gotta a lot of growth to getting that level. He ain’t near a 1rounder currently. We’ll see.

Being an athlete in college ball at QB is one thing… you gotta be more than that at the next level.

He’s had a lot of growth this year… so if he hasn’t hit his ceiling, you may be correct… however, I’m not sure how much growth is left.

Maybe so, hope he is for his future, but imo a qb is first and foremost an accurate intelligent passer. I'm a fan of pro style qb, if he can run as well it's an added benefit. Like many things in football the desired traits have changed a bit over the years, just giving my opinion. Jalen hurts was 2nd round and I felt the same way about him. Loved his hearts and attitude just not a great qb. I'm a bryce, mac, tua fan. They all had their own skills but they could go thru reads and were usually accurate. Maybe I should have said he's not the type qb I prefer.

Last edited:
Milroes biggest area to improve is pre and post snap reads. In other words decision making. Pre reads are related to changing the calls or pass protection etc... Post snap sometimes you just have to dump it down to the RB in the flat and take what the defense gives you. keep the chains moving.

No matter what he does, Milro will never be good enough for a some of our "fans"... not pointing to anyone in particular with that statement, it's more of a general comment... but unfortunately, it's true.
In this particular game, and also during the regular season, it wasn't so much Milroes as it was with atrocious pass blocking at times. Also, the lack of scheming to get our receivers open was lacking. Imo, the tight ends and running backs should have been used a lot more

Back
Top Bottom