| GAME THREAD 🏈 Michigan vs Alabama 🏈 ~ 4 PM CT on ESPN

I did not see the comment by Turner but lets give him some slack if he is talking right after the emotions of the game. He was a team captain correct? Never seen any issues out of him so this is an outlier...

… but honestly o’Brian is correct… he’s not a QB.
What does this say about our QB recruiting and development if he's the best we had in 2023?

Let's face it guys, with Tua, Mac, and Bryce, we had unprecedented QB play throwing to unprecedented WRs. And those explosive offenses hid any defensive weaknesses. Pre-Tua, we always had beasts at RB and difference-makers every year on defense.

How many first rounders do we see on the roster now?

How many first rounders do we see on the roster now?
For next year or this year?

This year I'd say there's quite a few possible first rounders and some solidly in the 1st.

Kool-aid McKinstry
Terrion Arnold
JC Latham
Dallas Turner

Will all go in the 1st round.

Chris Braswell
Jermaine Burton

Are projected R2 guys who could slide up depending on the combine and who they impress. Some big boards have Braswell in the top 30 some have him around 40. Burton is sitting around 35-40 as well.

Hard to say for next year, we've got some unknowns and some of our guys are 1st rounders but may not come out next year or can't come out yet.

Milroe
Downs
Proctor
Bond
Jam Miller
Braswell if he comes back
Trey Amos
Jaylen Key

All these guys are good and have the talent to get 1st round grades but hard to project a year in advance and there may be someone like Jaheim Oatis who just comes out of nowhere and lights it up who we don't expect.

Folks are forgetting that Milroe made a lot of plays for Bama this year. He also made some bone headed plays but against UM the OL and play calling did not help him any. The guy was sacked like 6 times and pressured almost every time he dropped back. Now changing the protection or even the play (if he is allowed to do this) would fall on Milroe I assume. This is one part of his game as a QB that he has a loooong way to go. All of these sacks and pressure had to get into Milroes head.

Back
Top Bottom