| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

FluidBoringHuman-size_restricted.gif
I’m less than optimistic about Jackson. I live on MS coast and friend who’s family have lived in George county for years believe Jackson’s #1 priority is early playing time (not uncommon). TAMU and LSU are selling this hard and their depth charts are (on the surface) more appealing than Bama’s.

I never felt good about Jackson. I saw a quote this morning on Rivals that said "I've known where I was going for a year". That could easily be BS, but it still made me think we weren't getting him. Oh well, we'll still beat everyone we should beat and give ourselves a shot at winning a Natty.

Before Saban and maybe for the first 2 or 3 years I was a recruiting junkie. I could tell you heights, weights, 40 times and the family situation of almost every recruit we were in on. I read every bit of commentary available .
Since then two things happened. I stopped worrying and just trusted Saban. No matter how much data I gorged myself with, I knew all the facts but I really didn’t know the kid. Like hiring a guy off his resume’ and referrals without ever meeting them.

Secondly, I don’t truly understand the soul and needs of our team as well as he does. We had a team in my town that is just about to graduate now and several years ago it was special and it had been special. A kid from a neighboring town moved in and he was a beast for his team the year before. Just one of those that is bigger stronger and faster than everyone else. He had a bad attitude and it actually caused a rift in a super Close and previously very successful team. He moved out the next year and they went right back to dominating.
I say that to say, we are all fans on here. Some have a great interest in recruiting, some in X’s and O’s. Some people on here have inside info and some are very knowledgeable. None of us know what the true character of these kids are and what the soul, the identity this team functions under.

I think Saban lays facts out in front of these kids, I know he does intense evaluations of their character by speaking to coaches, teachers, neighbors. He offers them a plan for success, best competition and tools to succeed available and no guarantees. The kind of player he wants choses us and those who believe a different way end up somewhere else.

I trust Saban.

Before Saban and maybe for the first 2 or 3 years I was a recruiting junkie. I could tell you heights, weights, 40 times and the family situation of almost every recruit we were in on. I read every bit of commentary available .
Since then two things happened. I stopped worrying and just trusted Saban. No matter how much data I gorged myself with, I knew all the facts but I really didn’t know the kid. Like hiring a guy off his resume’ and referrals without ever meeting them.

Secondly, I don’t truly understand the soul and needs of our team as well as he does. We had a team in my town that is just about to graduate now and several years ago it was special and it had been special. A kid from a neighboring town moved in and he was a beast for his team the year before. Just one of those that is bigger stronger and faster than everyone else. He had a bad attitude and it actually caused a rift in a super Close and previously very successful team. He moved out the next year and they went right back to dominating.
I say that to say, we are all fans on here. Some have a great interest in recruiting, some in X’s and O’s. Some people on here have inside info and some are very knowledgeable. None of us know what the true character of these kids are and what the soul, the identity this team functions under.

I think Saban lays facts out in front of these kids, I know he does intense evaluations of their character by speaking to coaches, teachers, neighbors. He offers them a plan for success, best competition and tools to succeed available and no guarantees. The kind of player he wants choses us and those who believe a different way end up somewhere else.

I trust Saban.

The only ones that care about recruiting rankings are the fans. Coaches don't look at them (although some will use their ranking in recruiting). They know what they need and how to put the puzzle together. In CNS' case, he can take a 3* and make them an All-American. I agree, I trust Saban.

All about filling your needs and we did that and some!!

I used to tell my players that "football isn't for everyone! If it was, there wouldn't be enough uniforms." This was often told after a player had come up with an excuse to quit.
BAMA football is that way too. It isn't for everyone! They look at position room and don't want that smoke!! Saban and staff will take the guys that want to be pushed to their limits and they want to strive for perfection. I'm good with that!

Back
Top Bottom