3. Clemson -- 23 players, 5 5-stars, 12 4-stars
  4. LSU -- 24 players, 3 5-stars, 14 4-stars
  5. Ohio State -- 25 players, 3 5-stars, 14 4-stars
  6. Texas A&M -- 24 players, 2 5-stars, 12 4-stars
  7. Auburn -- 25 players, 0 5-stars, 16 4-stars
  8. Florida -- 24 players, 1 5-star, 16 4-stars
  9. Oklahoma -- 23 players, 0 5-stars, 15 4-stars
  10. Michigan -- 26 players, 0 5-stars, 14 4-stars
Someone tell me how UGA is No#1 and not Bama? I see UGA with players 4-5* and 15-4*? When Bama had more players sign?

(via 247Sports):
  1. Georgia -- 22 players, 4 5-stars, 15 4-stars
  2. Alabama -- 26 players, 4 5-stars, 18 4-stars
  3. Clemson -- 23 players, 5 5-stars, 12 4-stars
  4. LSU -- 24 players, 3 5-stars, 14 4-stars
  5. Ohio State -- 25 players, 3 5-stars, 14 4-stars
  6. Texas A&M -- 24 players, 2 5-stars, 12 4-stars
  7. Auburn -- 25 players, 0 5-stars, 16 4-stars
  8. Florida -- 24 players, 1 5-star, 16 4-stars
  9. Oklahoma -- 23 players, 0 5-stars, 15 4-stars
  10. Michigan -- 26 players, 0 5-stars, 14 4-stars
Someone tell me how UGA is No#1 and not Bama? I see UGA with players 4-5* and 15-4*? When Bama had more players sign?

Their recruits had higher scores. Five stars are worth different point. So a #1 recruit is worth more than the #15 recruit, although they are both five stars.

Saw this ……….

quote:(Mike Farrell Rivals)
... Coveted defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson will choose Alabama after a long recruiting battle with LSU, Ole Miss and others. This will be one of the most important commitments of the class for the Crimson Tide. Jackson has five-star ability and just needs to add a five-star motor and he could be special.

JMO but some of those 3#'s now committed to The King will not get a gig at Bama (grades or no room)

I could use a little help from the RecruitNiks - Aside from McKinley Jackson, anyone have a list of "most likely" to jump on board with the good guys Wednesday?

Getting MJ would be awesome. Can't express how important dominating up front can be... RTR

Aside from McKinley Jackson, anyone have a list of "most likely" to jump on board with the good guys Wednesday?

This is just my best guess, nothing "inside". IF Baker and Burroughs both qualify, I think we see them added with Jackson to close this class. Jayson Jones, Calera kid, will not be in this class.
IF 1 of Baker and Burroughs qualify, then I think you see them added with Jackson and the DB Rakestraw.

This is just my best guess, nothing "inside". IF Baker and Burroughs both qualify, I think we see them added with Jackson to close this class. Jayson Jones, Calera kid, will not be in this class.
IF 1 of Baker and Burroughs qualify, then I think you see them added with Jackson and the DB Rakestraw.

I agree with you on the Jason jones kid. Bama cooled on him for a reason. He has great size and moves very well but talking to Calera coaches that I spoke with he lacks the “competitive spirit” needed to survive at Alabama. He has the tools to be great just very little “want to” right now.

I like our class right now. I like the TE transfer , the 3 star late bloomer dB that they visited and if they could land another defensive tackle I would call it a win

@Destiny's Child, from what I have read, the Jones kid suffered a knee injury last year and really hasn't been near the explosiveness and aggressiveness that BAMA saw pre injury. They asked him to come as an OL but he is dead set on being on the DL. I have an old DL coaching buddy that was over there with Zow as Jones was coming along as a freshman and sophomore, and he basically said the same as you.

@Destiny's Child, from what I have read, the Jones kid suffered a knee injury last year and really hasn't been near the explosiveness and aggressiveness that BAMA saw pre injury. They asked him to come as an OL but he is dead set on being on the DL. I have an old DL coaching buddy that was over there with Zow as Jones was coming along as a freshman and sophomore, and he basically said the same as you.

yep. I am stood by the kid and seen him move.. he is impressive. I am 6’4 240 and he dwarfs me ever since he was an 8th grader. He really has great feet.

I work the chains for our high school. So I am on the other teams sidelines a bunch and hear there coaches and get to know them some. You can hear the way they talk to him, when he is getting challenged, he would fake an injury and you would see the coaches all Roll their eyes.
He committed to Bama after his sophomore season, I think after he did, he thought he had arrived, got lazy instead of getting motivated. I wish him well and hope he gets his head right.

My understanding is that we have 5 spots left for tomorrow's signing.... I think we're signing up to 27.

Jones will likely "blue shirt" or not sign immediately tomorrow. Jones is likely to go to Oregon.
Baker and Borough is still in good shape as of now, but probably won't sign LOI, but some kind of different agreement that won't be binding to school. That way if they are not eligible, it won't count against Alabama.

Rakestraw is a take, and I expect him to sign with Alabama tomorrow. If he doesn't sign with Alabama, then it's because of no room available.

McKinley Jackson We're in good shape, but things are little tight with TAMU. He reportedly told both staff of who he plans to sign with tomorrow. I like Alabama for this one.
George is the fifth on that will sign with Alabama.... and that's it.

Announcement times (all times CT)
Four-star wide receiver Javon Baker - 6:30 a.m
Four-star defensive tackle Jamil Burroughs - 6:30 a.m
Three-star defensive back Ennis Rakestraw - 8:00 a.m
Four-star defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson - 9:30 a.m
Four-star offensive tackle Sedrick Van Pran - 10:00 a.m
Three-star offensive tackle Damieon George - 11:00 a.m
Four-star defensive tackle Jayson Jones - 2:00 p.m
Five-star defensive end Alfred Collins - 3:50 p.m

via

Back
Top Bottom