| MBB/WBB šŸ† West Regional Champions: Alabama-89 vs. Clemson-82 - THE TIDE ARE FINAL FOUR BOUNDā€¼ļø

Sign stealing? Basketball? WAPO is so lame! 1 finger up - Coach, thatā€™s their signal for their zone offense where they play 3 outside the arc and 2 posts, 2 fingers means man pick and roll! 1 on defense means man to man, 2 means 1-2-2 matchup, 3 means -weā€™re fucked! They know we know their signs!šŸ˜‚ Basketball eventually boils down to execution and Jimmyā€™s and Joeā€™s.
I would definitely add coaching to the Jimmy and Joeā€™s and execution.

And so much with a #1 player sitting on bench injured...more wow....
Yep, a lot of wow to go around. A big wow for me was after Clemson went up by 13, Bama outscored them 76-56 the rest of the way. Another ā€¦ every pundit on the pre-game show picked Clemson. That made me smile at the time ā€¦ but after the game when Charles yelled Roll Tide I laughed out loud. That too was a wow moment for me. I have a couple Auburn fan friends and all but one of them hate it when they hear him say Roll Tide. Gets under their skin more than I ever can!

Yep, a lot of wow to go around. A big wow for me was after Clemson went up by 13, Bama outscored them 76-56 the rest of the way. Another ā€¦ every pundit on the pre-game show picked Clemson. That made me smile at the time ā€¦ but after the game when Charles yelled Roll Tide I laughed out loud. That too was a wow moment for me. I have a couple Auburn fan friends and all but one of them hate it when they hear him say Roll Tide. Gets under their skin more than I ever can!
And " Alabama University ". He is funny

To be fair they were not playing well at the end of the year and deserved some criticism :). You have to admit you did not expect this. Last years team sure but not this years team. Fortunately they got their swagger back and discovered that defense really does matter. Roll Tide!!!!

Iā€™ll absolutely admit, and have this week at least twice (plus evidenced in my shitty bracket) that I didnā€™t think Bama would get past Saint Maryā€™s and out of the first weekend. I was wrong in every possible way if you look at that sentence. But, it wasnā€™t because of Bamaā€™s potential or overall ceiling. My concern was more about the mental and physical standing of the team overall, and that was before Wrightsell went down again. I wasnā€™t sure they could recover from that SEC stretch run. If you recall though, I said the best thing for this team (IMO) would be to lose to UF in the first game in Nashville, get some rest and recalibrate. I also said before the season tipped that this wasnā€™t Oatsā€™ best team, but that come March their guard play could pay dividends.

This may sound like hedging, maybe it is. I certainty missed on their success, and happily so. But many of the posts Iā€™m remembering were checkerboard flipping type meltdowns, proclaiming that Bama would be 1 and done, embarrassed, didnā€™t belong, etc. with little to no substance accompanying it other than the overall tone of a 5 year old laying on the floor of the cereal aisle yelling and crying in an uncontrollable and equally uncomfortable fit.

But many of the posts Iā€™m remembering were checkerboard flipping type meltdowns, proclaiming that Bama would be 1 and done, embarrassed, didnā€™t belong, etc. with little to no substance accompanying it other than the overall tone of a 5 year old laying on the floor of the cereal aisle yelling and crying in an uncontrollable and equally uncomfortable fit.
200w.gif

Iā€™ll absolutely admit, and have this week at least twice (plus evidenced in my shitty bracket) that I didnā€™t think Bama would get past Saint Maryā€™s and out of the first weekend. I was wrong in every possible way if you look at that sentence. But, it wasnā€™t because of Bamaā€™s potential or overall ceiling. My concern was more about the mental and physical standing of the team overall, and that was before Wrightsell went down again. I wasnā€™t sure they could recover from that SEC stretch run. If you recall though, I said the best thing for this team (IMO) would be to lose to UF in the first game in Nashville, get some rest and recalibrate. I also said before the season tipped that this wasnā€™t Oatsā€™ best team, but that come March their guard play could pay dividends.

This may sound like hedging, maybe it is. I certainty missed on their success, and happily so. But many of the posts Iā€™m remembering were checkerboard flipping type meltdowns, proclaiming that Bama would be 1 and done, embarrassed, didnā€™t belong, etc. with little to no substance accompanying it other than the overall tone of a 5 year old laying on the floor of the cereal aisle yelling and crying in an uncontrollable and equally uncomfortable fit.
Damn you nailed. Canā€™t wait until ā€œinsert player nameā€ is gone from here, ā€œinsert player name ā€œ is worst thatā€™s been here, ā€œinsert player nameā€ has been terrible all year.
I know people get pissed & are invested, but such absolutes are ridiculous.
*** But please keep them coming, theyā€™ve worked great so far! lol

Creighton was the last team to beat UConn 85-66 they shot 50% from 3. We gave Creighton all they wanted on their court. Anything can happen in this game I know few believe you will win. I know CNO will come up with a game plan. We can win this game.

Last edited:
Okay, here's something.

Bama is in the Final Four in Arizona, right? A football stadium that's converted for this event.
Bama has played in a playoff in Arizona, right?

Football, and basketball, playing in the same arena in the playoffs: just a wild note that means nothing.

Okay, here's something.

Bama is in the Final Four in Arizona, right? A football stadium that's converted for this event.
Bama has played in a playoff in Arizona, right?

Football, and basketball, playing in the same arena in the playoffs: just a wild note that means nothing.
Just what i was thinking. Except

Some seats a long way from court.
And
If you cant hear the shoes squeeking ... to far for bball.
Imo

Back
Top Bottom