| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž~ Tuscaloosa Super Regional: OKC Bound! Alabama Softball Punches its 14th Ticket to Womenā€™s College World Series

B

Bama News

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. ā€“ No. 5 seed Alabama will host No. 12 seed Northwestern this weekend at Rhoads Stadium for NCAA Super Regionals, with the winner of the best-of-three series earning a spot at the 2023 Women's College World Series. Game one is set for a 7 p.m. CT first pitch on Friday, May 26 on ESPN2.

This Week: NCAA Tuscaloosa Super Regional​

• Tuscaloosa, Ala. ā€“ Rhoads Stadium
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App
  • Video: ESPN2 (Friday), ESPN (Saturday) Potential Sunday time and channel TBD

No. 5 Alabama (43-19) vs. No. 12 Northwestern (41-11) - All Times Central​

• Friday, May 26 ā€“ 7 p.m. CT ā€“ ESPN2
  • Saturday, May 27 ā€“ 8 p.m. CT ā€“ ESPN
  • (if necessary) Sunday, May 28 - TBD

She was technically cleared last weekend. Not sure if she will go in game 1 or not, but if so, hard to think she'd be all that close to 100%.
371 days ago: "She pitched in practice this week so that's encouraging to see." (sic) That was Murph talking about Lexi. She had been "technically cleared." (Did you happen to see she pitched a complete game last night, 8-1 W over Oregon?)

In a round about way this brings me to 'Tana. "Whatever that means" is my only response to comments from Murph: she's practicing we know.

Lexi had her issues; her foot and hip. It took her longer to recover than expected: certainly didn't fit with the physicians prognosis. She made it clear one of the reasons she chose Stillwater was a dedicated S&C coach for softball. There's a direct correlation to recovery there.

Now, here we sit a year later looking for the answer to the question of a pitcher's health. Is there a correlation between the number of injuries we've seen and the lack of a dedicated program director* for S&C?

*edited

Last edited:
371 days ago: "She pitched in practice this week so that's encouraging to see." (sic) That was Murph talking about Lexi. She had been "technically cleared." (Did you happen to see she pitched a complete game last night, 8-1 W over Oregon?)

In a round about way this brings me to 'Tana. "Whatever that means" is my only response to comments from Murph: she's practicing we know.

Lexi had her issues; her foot and hip. It took her longer to recover than expected: certainly didn't fit with the physicians prognosis. She made it clear one of the reasons she chose Stillwater was a dedicated S&C coach for softball. There's a direct correlation to recovery there.

Now, here we sit a year later looking for the answer to the question of a pitcher's health. Is there a correlation between the number of injuries we've seen and the lack of a program for S&C?

I saw a little of the game last night on a 2nd screen, but not much. I had forgotten softball even started last night until I saw a the FSU score on the bottom line during the baseball game, so I pulled up the games and saw Lexi was pitching. I saw maybe 2 innings.

I don't know enough about the lady who oversees softball S&C to even comment on it... other than I don't think the team is lacking direction there.

I don't know enough about the lady who oversees softball S&C to even comment on it... other than I don't think the team is lacking direction there.
Derek Butler handles soccer and tennis. I can see that combination: a lot of cardio in both along with foot work, right?

Isn't Diltz still over Olympic sportsā€”which would include softball and gymnastics? As far as I'm aware, Bama has someone dedicated to each "letter sport," except softball and gymnastics. And quite frankly, I don't see a lot of similarities between the two programs. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I glanced over their stats last night and noticed Bloodworth didn't have the worst OPS for OSU; just second to worst. HOWEVER, she is batting .197 on the season.

Explain please.
Bovada believes there's a greater chance for NW to keep the score within two rules than they do Bama to win by two runs. $190 pays $100 for NW to cover being a "dog" by 1Ā½ runs.

-190 is NOT a good value here.

On the other hand, for the total of OU vs Clemson to be over eight runs? $120 will pay $100. That a decent value.

FxD4lj2WwAA4aig

Derek Butler handles soccer and tennis. I can see that combination: a lot of cardio in both along with foot work, right?

Isn't Diltz still over Olympic sportsā€”which would include softball and gymnastics? As far as I'm aware, Bama has someone dedicated to each "letter sport," except softball and gymnastics. And quite frankly, I don't see a lot of similarities between the two programs. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I glanced over their stats last night and noticed Bloodworth didn't have the worst OPS for OSU; just second to worst. HOWEVER, she is batting .197 on the season.

If changes or additions are ever made, would be interesting to see if Cassie Reilly-Boccia is hired in some capacity. Not sure if she'd even be interested since she has a good thing going on her own... but something I've wondered about.

OT a bit:

I can think of six different uniform combinations for the ladies. How many of them have their names on the back?

Today I've noticed Stanford and OU have nothing, Duke has Blue Devils, with Clemson as the only one of the four with the players names.

...never thought about it until today with softball.

@UAgrad93 continuing the mute/volume announcer subject from the baseball thread ...

Gave Madison Shipman a try. No. Thanks though. Relations be damned, I'm back to spontaneous commentary. In other words, I'll turn the volume on when the notion strikes.

As she's closing out an inning bragging on OU's defenseā€”because the third out came from a pop up caught by the catcherā€”I couldn't help but think about the runner being on base because of what I'd have called an E6 and the same runner advancing on a passed ball.

@UAgrad93 continuing the mute/volume announcer subject from the baseball thread ...

Gave Madison Shipman a try. No. Thanks though. Relations be damned, I'm back to spontaneous commentary. In other words, I'll turn the volume on when the notion strikes.

As she's closing out an inning bragging on OU's defenseā€”because the third out came from a pop up caught by the catcherā€”I couldn't help but think about the runner being on base because of what I'd have called an E6 and the same runner advancing on a passed ball.
šŸ˜‚ Announcers got to hear themselves talk!! Even if it is bullshit!!

Back
Top Bottom