| BSB/SB ⚾ Super Regional Bound – Alabama Shuts Out 24th-Ranked Boston College, 8-0

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Sewell-Thomas Stadium will host the NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional from June 2-5, with Alabama baseball's postseason beginning on Friday at 6 p.m. CT. The Crimson Tide will square off with Nicholls. Fans who are unable to attend can catch the Tide's Regional opener on ESPN+ with the duo of Richard Cross and Lance Cormier on the call.

Follow the Tide​

Fans can follow the Crimson Tide's Regional games via the below outlets:
Watch: ESPN+
Listen: 100.9 FM / CTSN / The Varsity App
Twitter: @AlabamaBSB
Live Stats: StatBroadcast.com

Probable Starting Pitching Matchup​

FRIDAY: UALuke Holman (So., RHP) vs. NSU – Jacob Mayers (Fr., RHP)

IF UT wins the Clemson regional today and Penn wins the Auburn regional ... who bids enough to host the Super?

Looks like four of the top eight have taken an L this weekend.
Bid? I thought the highest seed got the Super. And that might be Charlotte. Charlotte was a 3 seed and Penn was a 4.

Last edited:
Frogs stomping a mud hole and walking it dry thru Hogs!! 14-1
A guy on ESPN's Squeeze Play just said the largest deficit UArk has come back from this season is four runs.

So, looks like the Hogs will face Santa Clara tonight at 9 ET.

How many arms are they doing to burn through / save this afternoon?

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama baseball posted an 8-0 shutout win over 24th-ranked Boston College just before dawn on Sunday into Monday at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. With the victory, the Crimson Tide advances to NCAA Super Regional play and is now 43-19 on the season.

The Tide used a four-run first to put the game out of reach early. Alabama added single tallies in the second and third to go with a two-run eighth for the 8-0 victory. The early offense provided Jacob McNairy (7-2) with all the help he would need. In his final start at The Joe, the right-hander tossed 7.2 frames and allowed just three hits and three walks to go with a career-high 11 strikeouts for his team-high tying seventh victory. Hagan Banks and Hunter Hoopes combined for the final 1.1 innings to secure the shutout.

Alabama's offense accumulated a season-high 13 walks with eight of the nine starters drawing at least one base on balls. The offense was led at the plate by Mac Guscette who went 3-for-4 with a walk, one run and a team-high four RBI. Dominic Tamez also contributed a multi-hit night, going 2-for-3 with a double, two walks, an RBI and two runs scored. Ed Johnson paced UA in walks, drawing three to go with a 1-for-2 showing and one RBI.

From Interim Head Coach Jason Jackson

"What an awesome night for our baseball program, for our fanbase and for the players. I couldn't be prouder of everybody that's been involved and has worked hard to get to this point. We're not done yet, but I'm just so excited that we got to do this on our own field in front of our fans and move on to the next round."

Just checking in while on vacation... been hard to keep up with Bama during live games, but getting to watch them live tonight, finally. Mostly just had a very sporadic radio app and Twitter updates the last few days. Glad to see them playing well and the fans showing up to support them.

My friend just messaged me saying his son and him were able to just walk into the stadium with no tickets in like the 3rd inning. He left from Helen, Georgia after our travel tournament late this afternoon. Assuming the rain pushing the game back created a little more freedom in that regard. He's taking his nine year old son to the Alabama football camp. Said there were like 1,200 kids signed up.

I think I have this correct:
• UA, UofSC, and UT are in the Super's​
• A&M facing Stanford in regional championship game. Both have one loss​
• It's the same situation in Gainesville: TTU and UF have one loss and play for the regional championship today​
• LSU needs to win one (Oregon State) to win the Baton Rouge regional​
• UK vs IU for regional championship in Lexington: both teams have one loss​
• UArk will have to beat TCU twice to win the Fayetteville regional​
• AU has been eliminated. Vandy as well.​

For the conference, 10 in and 8 are still alive.

I find it wild to see the last three teams to win the title ... all sitting at home. Only four of the last ten title winners are still active: OSU, UF, CCU, and UVA.

Back
Top Bottom