| BSB/SB ⚾ Super Regional Bound – Alabama Shuts Out 24th-Ranked Boston College, 8-0

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Sewell-Thomas Stadium will host the NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional from June 2-5, with Alabama baseball's postseason beginning on Friday at 6 p.m. CT. The Crimson Tide will square off with Nicholls. Fans who are unable to attend can catch the Tide's Regional opener on ESPN+ with the duo of Richard Cross and Lance Cormier on the call.

Follow the Tide​

Fans can follow the Crimson Tide's Regional games via the below outlets:
Watch: ESPN+
Listen: 100.9 FM / CTSN / The Varsity App
Twitter: @AlabamaBSB
Live Stats: StatBroadcast.com

Probable Starting Pitching Matchup​

FRIDAY: UALuke Holman (So., RHP) vs. NSU – Jacob Mayers (Fr., RHP)

Four-Run Ninth Pushes Alabama Past Troy, 11-8​

The two in-state foes traded leads six times on the night

TeamRHE
Alabama11131
Troy8104
W: Hoopes, Hunter (2-1) L: Manning, Noah (3-3) S: Davis II, Alton (8)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – In a wild game that featured six lead changes, a four-run ninth inning pushed Alabama baseball past Troy, 11-8, on Saturday night at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The Crimson Tide is now 42-19 on the season and 2-0 in the NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional.

Alabama was first to strike with two runs in the second before a five-run third for Troy moved the Trojans ahead. The Tide countered with a four-spot in the fourth to retake the lead before Troy evened things up at six apiece with one in the fifth. UA took the lead right back with a solo homer from Andrew Pinckney in the sixth, but once again, the Trojans pulled in front with a two-run sixth. Both teams would go scoreless until the ninth when a two-out error helped the Tide plate four for the win.

The Tide offense pounded out 13 hits with eight of the nine starters recording at least one knock. Pinckney led the way once again, finishing 3-for-4 with a triple, the homer, two RBI, a pair of runs and one walk. Also homering was Caden Rose who went 2-for-3 and added a double, two RBI, two walks and a team-high three runs scored.

Hunter Hoopes (2-1) picked up the win with 1.0 scoreless frame, while Alton Davis II earned his eighth save of the year thanks to a scoreless ninth that included one strikeout. The loss went to Noah Manning (3-3).

From Interim Head Coach Jason Jackson

"This was a heck of a ballgame. It was two really talented teams, two talented offenses and the crowd and atmosphere was great. It was a back-and-forth game, and I'm super proud of our guys. They fought all night and kept believing down to the last out in the ninth."

I’m going to be picky!!! We left a TON of runners on base tonight!!! We got some big hits and put the ball in play, putting pressure on the Troy defense, but we could’ve delivered a couple of HUGE death blows to Troy and their confidence. Seidl is tough as damn nails and I can see that he is definitely hurting. Pinckney just keeps getting on base and I think the ball he hit tonight is STILL rising!!!! Caden Rose is rounding back into his playing ability. Jarvis is starting to claw out of his funk that he was in last week.
McMillan was on fire for 2 2/3 innings and then he left his change up up in the zone and pummeled him. Aiming point for the change is the back end of the plate, not the mitt!!! Get it DOWN!!! Too easy to get the barrel to the ball! This team is gritty and they just find a way!!! RTR!!!

Wake put up 21 on Maryland last night: Terps facing elimination today.

SEC goes 4-4 with two games postponed.

• Eliminated: Auburn
  • Facing elimination: Vandy, Kentucky, and Florida.
  • 1-0: Arkansas and LSU.
  • 2-0 and heading to their regional championship: Alabama, South Carolina, A&M, and Tennessee.

I noticed Clemson was trending on Twitter ... Sometimes they make it impossible not to laugh.

You may recall Zane used to play for Alabama.

"I only pay attention to the sport during the post season but it's the most under rated sport in college?

On the WatchESPN schedule I don't see any games listed for site #2 (Gainesville) for the 3 or 9 PM slots.

Florida is up 6-1, B7, against UCONN. With a win they'll still need to beat TTU twice.
Has anyone seen, or heard, whether UF will have to play three today?

Has anyone seen, or heard, whether UF will have to play three today?
UP NEXT: Florida dropped into the losers' bracket with the defeat and faces Connecticut on Sunday afternoon (12 p.m.) in an elimination game. The winner of that game plays Texas Tech at 6 p.m. Sunday to try and stay alive and force a winner-take-all game on Monday.

UP NEXT: Florida dropped into the losers' bracket with the defeat and faces Connecticut on Sunday afternoon (12 p.m.) in an elimination game. The winner of that game plays Texas Tech at 6 p.m. Sunday to try and stay alive and force a winner-take-all game on Monday.
I believe all regionals have the “if necessary Game 7” scheduled for Monday. I know several years ago that if you were coming out of the loser’s bracket, you had to win 3 on Sunday to advance.

Back
Top Bottom