| FTBL Vote for who you want to replace Saban!

Who do you prefer as our new HC?

• Lanning

• Kiffin

• Sark

• Dabo

• Norvell

• DeBoer

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
In order or preference:

Lanning, DeBoer, Norvell (close to #2), Sark, Dabo, Kiffin

Edit... he's not on your list, but I'd have Rhule neck and neck with Lanning.

Your 1 and 2 is the same as mine. Don't want Dabo anywhere around. Don't think Kiffin has the maturity. Don't believe Sarkesian is ready to run a program I cheer for. Fine for someone else's chance, but still not exactly sure about his leadership. Norvell, not sold on his ability to run a true blue blood. I don't get a confident feeling outside of those Top 2 at the moment. Tough feeling to calm for me considering who they are replacing and nothing will be good enough.

Your 1 and 2 is the same as mine. Don't want Dabo anywhere around. Don't think Kiffin has the maturity. Don't believe Sarkesian is ready to run a program I cheer for. Fine for someone else's chance, but still not exactly sure about his leadership. Norvell, not sold on his ability to run a true blue blood. I don't get a confident feeling outside of those Top 2 at the moment. Tough feeling to calm for me considering who they are replacing and nothing will be good enough.

And people have to think about, it's more than coaching on Saturday... it's like that anywhere, but there's so much on the plate to deal with at Alabama. It ain't for everyone. But the right person can take what has been built and maintain it pretty well. But there's just no telling who the right person is, some are just lesser gambles than others... The pressure of this job can crush a giant if they aren't wired right for it.

Obviously Kirby if it was possible but since it’s not Lanning is candidate A, Sark is candidate B, Kiffin candidate C as long as Golding isn’t allowed to be DC, Deboer, Rule, Leipold, Norvell, maybe Dave Clawson if we get turned down by 8 people. Clawson is an excellent coach but not a dynamic recruiter which kind of eliminates him. Leipold is an excellent coach and a good recruiter.

We need a strong coach on defensive side. Then he can hired a strong offensive coordinator. I think both will need to be strong in recruiting. Dabo doesn't like the transfer portal that to me is a killer. Kiffin I heard he has more skeletons then the cemetery does outside of BDS. Sark not leaving Texas, to much oil money. I don't think anyone from the ACC would fitted. I know DeBorg got Washington into the Playoff has he coach in the SEC? What you guts think about Franklin Penn St coach?

I think Lanning is a solid fit to not only know how to coach this team to championships (X&O's stuff) but also he has been here. He has seen how CNS does things & how to deal with the culture here. I'm sure he understands that it has to be HIS program, not someone else's or CNS ghost but HIS.

Also, he has seen the formula work somewhere else, namely Jawja. Which to that point he knows the SEC. There will be no culture shock with the competition.

The mere fact that the man has flown down to here speaks volumes to me.

We need a strong coach on defensive side. Then he can hired a strong offensive coordinator. I think both will need to be strong in recruiting. Dabo doesn't like the transfer portal that to me is a killer. Kiffin I heard he has more skeletons then the cemetery does outside of BDS. Sark not leaving Texas, to much oil money. I don't think anyone from the ACC would fitted. I know DeBorg got Washington into the Playoff has he coach in the SEC? What you guts think about Franklin Penn St coach?
I kind of think Franklin is Mark Richt at Georgia in the Big 10. If Penn St. finds their Kirby holy crap.

Klinesmith , Fickel or Lance Leipold more realistic.. could be a dark horse.. hey Bill Belichick a possibility… I don’t think a $20 million buyout happening

Back
Top Bottom