| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I understood. I just find it funny I keep seeing this same article… different writers, same theme, the last 24-48 hours or so. Saw another one earlier from a guy that covers Washington area sports teams… same theme as this guy. ‘DeBoer doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into…” Maybe not. Maybe he fails. But it’s hilarious to assume that him failing is a foregone conclusion. These same type folks said Saban would be at Alabama for 3-4 years, tops. Then constantly predicted his and Bama’s downfall after every (rare) loss. At some point, some measure of self-reflection is in store, you’d think... where the mirror would tell them to sit this one the fuck out.
Yeah think part of it is the Alabama hate, part clickbait, and part lack of writing skill/AI use. Most sportswriters these days suck, you can bet Cecil would've never written anything like this about any coach. If the standard is Saban the safe bet is that Deboer won't reach the mark but who would? That would be the safe bet on anyone hired. We've been blessed to have 2 of the greatest if not the greatest to have ever done it. I hope Deboer can one day be mentioned with the same love and reverence of the Bear and Saban but I'm not holding my breath for that I'm just excited to see what he and his team brings to Alabama and hope he's someone who will keep trying to teach boys to be good men and give their all to life and the game.

Have you guys not heard the sports talking heads are trying to help prepare us poor bama fans for what is coming? None of us on our own can believe there might be a drop off from CNS. We are not capable of understanding this on our own. We just expect CNS level success next year and beyond. Glad they care so much about us to let us down easy....

Nothing I would love more to see than CKD making the 12 team playoff this season and God forbid win the CPC. It would be great to see all those faces of naysayers turn to mud.
Making the playoff may be possible but a NC? Doubtful. The playoffs is not a given in his first year. Not trying to be a naysayer just saying a new system with new coaches and an exodus of players that had the discpline and mindset instilled in them from CNS will have some adjustmnent period. May be pleasently surprised...

Making the playoff may be possible but a NC? Doubtful. The playoffs is not a given in his first year. Not trying to be a naysayer just saying a new system with new coaches and an exodus of players that had the discpline and mindset instilled in them from CNS will have some adjustmnent period. May be pleasently surprised...
I did not say this would happen, I said I would love for it to happen. No one expected CKD to do what he did at Washington in 2 years either.
With probably lesser talent and assistants. Twelve teams will make the playoff this year. We Should be one of the top 12 teams, IMO.

I did not say this would happen, I said I would love for it to happen. No one expected CKD to do what he did at Washington in 2 years either.
With probably lesser talent and assistants. Twelve teams will make the playoff this year. We Should be one of the top 12 teams, IMO.

this year.... we are brining back a pretty dynamic offense...few piece gone...few pieces added...but...i like the skill set...
defense loses are tough...even before coaches change...

But 30+ points a game ....isn't unreasonable......

Should be a top 10 team...maybe top 5... everyone else has significant loses too...

Excited about season....tough schedule...see what happens...

Sounds like a guy trying to work through some shit (in this case, Alabama replacing Saban with a top tier coach) and talking himself into something by wishcasting it into existence. I guess if I was a Vol fan and had seen my team beat Alabama just once in the last 17 years, I'd be wishcasting too. Then again, maybe not... I have a little more pride and self-respect than that.
Typical butthurt Tennessee writer.

Sounds like a guy trying to work through some shit (in this case, Alabama replacing Saban with a top tier coach) and talking himself into something by wishcasting it into existence. I guess if I was a Vol fan and had seen my team beat Alabama just once in the last 17 years, I'd be wishcasting too. Then again, maybe not... I have a little more pride and self-respect than that.
Lol, of course you do, you're NOT a Tennessee fan haha

I'm with you. Noone knows how our roster will look coming out of Fall practice. Noone knows how quickly it will take players to learn the new offensive and defensive systems. Shoot yeah I would love to win it all next year, but what I'm wanting is for 1. our coaching staff working hard to build relationships with highschool players and coaches 2. players to buy into the systems and play hard and with discipline 3. To have players here who want to be here regardless of maybe lesser NIL deals than they could get elsewhere. If these things are done, the wins and championships will come

Back
Top Bottom