| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I haven't been a pessimist regarding DeBoer. I've been pessimistic about the future implications of Saban being so close to the program going forward.

I have stayed outta this but...reading a llot of thoughts...just had one...minor as it might be...

I think...Saban being close...physically ...wont be a problem...nick is a football coach...a football superstar... if there is a football issue...it will be a good source...for football..recruiting..scheduling..technical...hiring..firing..

However

If it was someone like the BEAR....it would be distracting...the BEAR was a consuming legend...a person of legendary status...for football...but more...his presence...would be overwhelming....

The difference between nick and the BEAR...

Just my opinion...that has been through both times. And boths retirements and both aftermaths ( hope Nicks is much longer...for sure)

I have stayed outta this but...reading a llot of thoughts...just had one...minor as it might be...

I think...Saban being close...physically ...wont be a problem...nick is a football coach...a football superstar... if there is a football issue...it will be a good source...for football..recruiting..scheduling..technical...hiring..firing..

However

If it was someone like the BEAR....it would be distracting...the BEAR was a consuming legend...a person of legendary status...for football...but more...his presence...would be overwhelming....

Just my opinion...that has been through both times. And boths retirements and both aftermaths ( hope Nicks is much longer...for sure)
We damn sure need him in there RIGHT now! To keep the present and future players on board. Every news clip is about someone decommitting or entering the portal.

Somehow, while losing players is not good, it does not have me thinking this is the end of Alabama football. It’s not like these guys love the University or even their team mates. It’s all about them and their immediate gratification. This is grass/$$$ is greener over there. There is no loyalty or commitment, so who needs them? While you can’t win on desire alone I prefer kids selling out to win vs the look at me attitude that’s so prevalent We’ve certainly lost our share of games when we’ve had the “talent on our side”.

It'll come in time, but the most important thing DeBoer can do is establish his brand of football and start recruiting off of that. It took Oats maybe two offseasons to showcase to recruits what he was establishing and how he prepares them to become NBA prospects. It's no longer Saban's system, so he has to go out and create his own brand here.

It was to be expected. But DeBoer will reload after the portal opens. We’re getting skull dragged right now due to the 30 day window but when it opens for everyone we’ll be fine! Not the end of the world. It’s sucks but, it is what it is.
This is where I think we feast. Yes right now the news is trending terribly. We might get a few wins to stem the tide which I hope we get Brailsford I think he's honestly our top target we should be wanting even though it's not a sexy pick-up.

Texas, OSU, and Georgia are about to have their closets raided. They brought in way too many scholarship guys they're way over numbers and will lose a lot of their depth and recruits to the portal come spring likely. I don't think those fan bases or teams care because they'll probably end up ahead either way but if we pull 2 from each school we'll be able to even out our depth and feel good about our team.

We can also grab team guys that aren't looking for massive NIL and Collective paydays and start building a team like DeBoer's squad in Washington. The only difference is DeBoer will be able to do it with 4 and 5 stars not just a bunch of 3 stars and a couple of 4 stars.

We damn sure need him in there RIGHT now! To keep the present and future players on board. Every news clip is about someone decommitting or entering the portal.

You think this is what CNS is saying right now? "I am here to save the day!"

I can't see that happening. I suspect that CNS is telling CKD RE-recruit who CKD thinks he needs & those who want to stay. This has to be a team that gets behind CKD, not the ghosts of Saban or Bryant. I can see CNS advising CKD to double down on his convictions as a HC. Run HIS program.

Pure speculation on my part.

I can't see that happening. I suspect that CNS is telling CKD RE-recruit who CKD thinks he needs & those who want to stay. This has to be a team that gets behind CKD, not the ghosts of Saban or Bryant. I can see CNS advising CKD to double down on his convictions as a HC. Run HIS program.

Maybe Nick won’t be another Pat Dye..

Yea, I doubt Saban wants to tell him what to do. He's there if a question needs answered and he might help him with some of the defensive prep work and film breakdowns during the year but in this scary transitional window a hands-off approach is best. Let Coach DeBoer be the voice, face, and the rock that players stand on now. Once he wins over the players that stay, we just gotta start fixing the roster with Transfers and Recruits. I think we're going to land Noah Carter, Quinton Reese, and Ryan Williams for sure. Those will be helpful additions to the class and will give us some depth.

I think we'll grab Brailsford from the portal and maybe Kalepo. Not sure on Muhammad with the draw to Texas I think he goes there but who knows.

Well. Can wring our hands. Losing few 5* that started n played ...but its not a team...

I see sitting back..supporting...being positive.... let the HC n braintrust...fo their magic..

These guys can transfer to fsu..Louisville...texas...ms...all they want...
They will realize the difference bama is...

I'm still freaking out on this statement.

They did it at INDIANA. The defense improved, immediately, at South Alabama when he took over...and stayed that way.

You've complained about defense...without looking at what he can do for a defense.

GREAT hire.

This is not a "fandom" statement. This is one of the best OC/DC combo's we've seen.
I was being sarcastic. If @SnakeDoc is a fan of the hire then it must be bad...

You are slipping @TerryP. You can usually detect sarcasm a mile away :).

As it looks now…I think this team is at least an 8-4 team…I would consider that a success given that the greatest to ever do it just retired. We need to give this coaching staff some time and have some patience…the guy is a proven winner everywhere he’s ever gone. Just the changes he’s making to his staff shows he knows there were deficits at UW…he’s fixing those. I’m pretty excited about this team in the next 2-3 years.

As it looks now…I think this team is at least an 8-4 team…I would consider that a success given that the greatest to ever do it just retired. We need to give this coaching staff some time and have some patience…the guy is a proven winner everywhere he’s ever gone. Just the changes he’s making to his staff shows he knows there were deficits at UW…he’s fixing those. I’m pretty excited about this team in the next 2-3 years.
Maybe.. it appears we are about to get a lot of Washington transfers that know the system of CKD.. so things may go very well

I think with DeBoer next season is 9+ regular season wins.

I have seen where that some fans are giving Coach DeBoer three games before backing him. West Ky, USF, Winconsin! The Bama has UGA, Vandy, USC, UT, Mizz, L$U, Mercer, OU, Burn. I think these fans should see how he does after those three games!

However

You will not see Nick Saban after April or perhaps before. He is in town only to try and save this roster.

Back
Top Bottom