| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I’m going to admit losing some of these guys sucks, but think about this. CKD beat Oregon twice when everyone doubted him. He beat TX when everyone doubted him. Btw we didn’t beat TX (ya I know early in the season and all that) And he had far and away fewer 5 stars than we did. Even with some leaving, it will probably still be the most talented team he has ever had!
Like someone said let’s weather the storm and see where we’re at.

I’m going to admit losing some of these guys sucks, but think about this. CKD beat Oregon twice when everyone doubted him. He beat TX when everyone doubted him. Btw we didn’t beat TX (ya I know early in the season and all that) And he had far and away fewer 5 stars than we did. Even with some leaving, it will probably still be the most talented team he has ever had! Like someone said let’s weather the storm and see where we’re at.

100%.

You will not see Nick Saban after April or perhaps before. He is in town only to try and save this roster.
Bingo. Saban isn't long for Tuscaloosa. And really and truly, that's the way it should be. He's ready for retirement. With the way things move now, it won't be long before all of the recruits that Saban had anything do with will have graduated, gone pro, etc anyways. This is just that in between time.

Sounds like a guy trying to work through some shit (in this case, Alabama replacing Saban with a top tier coach) and talking himself into something by wishcasting it into existence. I guess if I was a Vol fan and had seen my team beat Alabama just once in the last 17 years, I'd be wishcasting too. Then again, maybe not... I have a little more pride and self-respect than that.

Sounds like a guy trying to work through some shit (in this case, Alabama replacing Saban with a top tier coach) and talking himself into something by wishcasting it into existence. I guess if I was a Vol fan and had seen my team beat Alabama just once in the last 17 years, I'd be wishcasting too. Then again, maybe not... I have a little more pride and self-respect than that.
Couldn't agree more, thought it was shit writing. Just sounded like a couple of folks on this board and their continuous mentioning of how saban will cause issues here.

Couldn't agree more, thought it was shit writing. Just sounded like a couple of folks on this board and their continuous mentioning of how saban will cause issues here.

I understood. I just find it funny I keep seeing this same article… different writers, same theme, the last 24-48 hours or so. Saw another one earlier from a guy that covers Washington area sports teams… same theme as this guy. ‘DeBoer doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into…” Maybe not. Maybe he fails. But it’s hilarious to assume that him failing is a foregone conclusion. These same type folks said Saban would be at Alabama for 3-4 years, tops. Then constantly predicted his and Bama’s downfall after every (rare) loss. At some point, some measure of self-reflection is in store, you’d think... where the mirror would tell them to sit this one the fuck out.

I understood. I just find it funny I keep seeing this same article… different writers, same theme, the last 24-48 hours or so. Saw another one earlier from a guy that covers Washington area sports teams… same theme as this guy. ‘DeBoer doesn’t know what he’s gotten himself into…” Maybe not. Maybe he fails. But it’s hilarious to assume that him failing is a foregone conclusion. These same type folks said Saban would be at Alabama for 3-4 years, tops. Then constantly predicted his and Bama’s downfall after every (rare) loss. At some point, some measure of self-reflection is in store, you’d think... where the mirror would tell them to sit this one the fuck out.
There was a good reason Coach Bryant said, "Here's a twenty, bury two."

Back
Top Bottom