| MBB/WBB Alabama's basketball coaching search.

I get what you're saying, but has he officially signed the new contract, or is working under a MOU for now? Could make a difference.
Let's assume, for a second, he hasn't signed. Instead of 60 million reasons, there's only 48 million (plus whatever his buyout was under the old contract.)

Like the odds.

But he is gonna get a lot of looks
If you have anyone worth a dime people are going to want them and try and get them. It is the AD's job to make sure that does not happen. I have people that report to me and they are good at their job. I have the mentality that if they are good they have opportunities. My job is to make sure they like what they are doing and they are paid well to do it. Does not guarantee they will stay because sometimes it is about more than the work or money like location, family etc.... but you make sure the work, support system and money are not an issue. You also figure out what matters to them and try and provide that if you can.

Yesterday a friend mentioned Oats had been looking at someone on the N. Texas staff. He couldn't remember the guy's name only he was known as a defensive guy. I looked over their site and one guy pops out; Ross Hodge. 🤷‍♂️

He'd be a hell of a get...looks like he's got a head coaching gig in his future.

Back
Top Bottom