| LIFE The gun thread

A Winchester Model 12, Remington 700 in .270, Glock 36 in .45, Ruger 97D in .45, and a North American Ams (misidentified in another thread I think) pocket pistol in .32. Would like a custom 1911.

Want List : M-1 Gerand; Model 12 in 16 & 20 ga with mod or full choke; small form 40 cal or 45; any Belgium A-5 Browning in 20 ga,; Colt Python .357; stainless Colt Commander .45; Citori 20 ga upland; Browning A-Bolt Medallion 30-06; A-Bolt Medallion in .22 LR; Sig .45; Browning Superposed 12; Merkel 20 ga; to name a few.

I reloaded back in the 90's early 2000's. I was never into perfecting custom loads to shoot tiny groups. I reloaded so I could shoot more, cheaper. Ammo got rock bottom cheap and I got away from it. Didn't get back in during the price gouging because components were nearly as high as loaded ammo and I had let most of my reloading gear go.

I've got the equipment for shotgun, rifle & pistol, but I'm most interested in shotgun shell reloading. It is a bit more complicated than I originally thought, especially with regard to steel shot for waterfowl hunting which was my original intent. At $18 to $25 per box of 25 on waterfowl loads, I thought it would be more economical. I have found, however, that all the components are unique to the individual manufacturer (and are impossible to locate), and with steel shot all reloading manuals strongly warn against interchange of components like wad and primer.

Honestly I never reloaded for shotguns. I reloaded 9mm, .45acp and .357 in pistol calibers and 5.56/.223 and .308. I have a buddy that has a progressive shotgun press and he trades me usable empty hulls for credit toward reloaded skeet rounds.

at the moment, all i have are a 20 gauge shotgun, a 12 gauge shotgun, and a .22 rifle.

i REALLY want a smith & wesson (well, 2 actually).

i want an sd9 ve 9mm AND a .357 revolver.

223900_01_md.jpg

162662_01_md.jpg

I reloaded back in the 90's early 2000's. I was never into perfecting custom loads to shoot tiny groups. I reloaded so I could shoot more, cheaper. Ammo got rock bottom cheap and I got away from it. Didn't get back in during the price gouging because components were nearly as high as loaded ammo and I had let most of my reloading gear go.
Ahh yes, the great primer shortage, and powder price gouging days.

Back
Top Bottom