| CURRENT EVENTS NYC: How different is this from "Stop and Frisk?" (National Guard deployed in NY subways)

TerryP

Staff
"For people who are thinking about bringing a gun or knife on the subway, at least this creates a deterrent effect. They might be thinking, 'You know what, it just may just not be worth it because I listened to the mayor and I listened to the governor and they have a lot more people who are going to be checking my bags,'" Hochul said at a news conference in New York City.

Sanctuary cities and defunding the police does not seem to be working.
This is reality.

They said, "you can't shop. Close your stores. Stay in your homes." It worked.

Now, we're seeing military members patrolling the streets. "We have a crime problem and we need help" is the narrative; the reality is we have members of the military policing the subways.

Both of these scenarios, which have happened and are happening today, are the earmarks of things they do in martial law.

So, you bitch about the crime and they do something about it and you still bitch……so just say this is a no win situation for you
Bro, you are missing the point entirely. By "doing something about it," you are talking about the military policing civilians; specifically citizens of the US.

IF you want to get down to the brass tacks, it's unconstitutional. Illegal search without probable cause (unless carrying a purse or backpack is probable cause.)

I'm curious.

Is it your opinion that the changes in bail laws (aka bail reform) and the approach the DA's office has taken to prosecuting crimes have NOT had a direct effect on the increase in the crime rates? Not only in NY, but across the country?

I'm struggling with one thing you've said, "they didn't defund the NYPD."

If funds are slashed, like Adams is saying it about to happen to a lot of different programs in NYC, how is that not "defunding?"

IF classes are canceled for incoming recruits, therefore taking the number of NYPD officers off the streets...what exactly do you call that? Cost cutting measures? Reducing the bottom line on expenditures?

200w.gif
That really Goetz me…

Bro, you are missing the point entirely. By "doing something about it," you are talking about the military policing civilians; specifically citizens of the US.

IF you want to get down to the brass tacks, it's unconstitutional. Illegal search without probable cause (unless carrying a purse or backpack is probable cause.)

I'm curious.

Is it your opinion that the changes in bail laws (aka bail reform) and the approach the DA's office has taken to prosecuting crimes have NOT had a direct effect on the increase in the crime rates? Not only in NY, but across the country?

I'm struggling with one thing you've said, "they didn't defund the NYPD."

If funds are slashed, like Adams is saying it about to happen to a lot of different programs in NYC, how is that not "defunding?"

IF classes are canceled for incoming recruits, therefore taking the number of NYPD officers off the streets...what exactly do you call that? Cost cutting measures? Reducing the bottom line on expenditures?
Make no mistake I’m against the NG doing anything like this and I’m against the bozo Governor doing this.

No that’s not my opinion. DA offices approach in some areas has had a direct effect on crime rates (obviously)

NYPD wasn’t “defunded”, cost cut, reduced, or any other damn thing. They’re adding 600 new recruits in April, there’s already three classes that will graduate this year or have already graduated. Adams is a former cop and has tied his identity to the NYPD, so to think he’d screw them over is idiotic.

Make no mistake I’m against the NG doing anything like this and I’m against the bozo Governor doing this.

No that’s not my opinion. DA offices approach in some areas has had a direct effect on crime rates (obviously)

NYPD wasn’t “defunded”, cost cut, reduced, or any other damn thing. They’re adding 600 new recruits in April, there’s already three classes that will graduate this year or have already graduated. Adams is a former cop and has tied his identity to the NYPD, so to think he’d screw them over is idiotic.
It's as much the DA as it is the declining number of police, but the decline in police numbers is significant...read the Times (free link) and the Post, I'm sure the truth is in there somewhere.

I did not say that. I asked a question. If a sentence starts with the word, "If," that should be a easy indicator of a hypothetical. 🙃

The mayor of NY, Adams, said they were looking at budget cuts across the board due to the influx of illegal immigrants. So, I posed the question ...

I'm going to take this to a bit of an extreme; but not out of the realm of possibility considering what we are witnessing right now. (Your next example in real time will be Pittsburgh.)

When you have people attacking LEO, that is a state of anarchy. When you have people destroying government buildings? Anarchy.

When you have military policing citizens? Tyranny.

What we are witnessing right now? Anarchy and the beginnings of tyranny. In NY, we are seeing authoritism displayed daily.

Literally.

The bottom line. The reason I posted this thread in the first place.

This is yet another case where the Constitution of the United States is being blatantly ignored.

I did not say that. I asked a question. If a sentence starts with the word, "If," that should be a easy indicator of a hypothetical. 🙃

The mayor of NY, Adams, said they were looking at budget cuts across the board due to the influx of illegal immigrants. So, I posed the question ...

I'm going to take this to a bit of an extreme; but not out of the realm of possibility considering what we are witnessing right now. (Your next example in real time will be Pittsburgh.)

When you have people attacking LEO, that is a state of anarchy. When you have people destroying government buildings? Anarchy.

When you have military policing citizens? Tyranny.

What we are witnessing right now? Anarchy and the beginnings of tyranny. In NY, we are seeing authoritism displayed daily.

Literally.

The bottom line. The reason I posted this thread in the first place.

This is yet another case where the Constitution of the United States is being blatantly ignored.
Adams already went back on his budget cuts, so the question doesn’t need to be asked.

So, what you’re saying is Jan 6 was anarchy? Glad we can agree on that.

Again I’ll say I don’t agree with the military policing citizens whether it’s in NY or anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom