| LIFE The gun thread

wm_6273416.jpg

I have some guns that I bought personally including, (but not limited to) a Remington 870 Express Magnum.
When my dad passed away, I inherited some guns from him including (but not limited to) a Remington 1100 Semi.
I am going to use the 1100 purely for hunting, so, I am going to convert the 870 into a personal / home defense weapon.
shorter barrel, longer tube extension, stronger ejection spring, etc. As much as I hate the muchly over-used word...it will be "tactical." ( Gawd I cant believe I just said (or typed) that! )
BTW the only thing I like about cooler weather is the fact that I can conceal much easier. I might even go eat at BWW some...LOL.

@rueben talking about conceal carry, I have the sticky holster with the ankle strap. I like it a lot. You can stick it anywhere where there's friction. It's comfortable and the holster is designed specifically for your gun. I carry a kimber micro .380. I'm a skinny guy and you can't tell I'm carrying it where ever I put it.

I have some guns that I bought personally including, (but not limited to) a Remington 870 Express Magnum.
When my dad passed away, I inherited some guns from him including (but not limited to) a Remington 1100 Semi.
I am going to use the 1100 purely for hunting, so, I am going to convert the 870 into a personal / home defense weapon.
shorter barrel, longer tube extension, stronger ejection spring, etc. As much as I hate the muchly over-used word...it will be "tactical." ( Gawd I cant believe I just said (or typed) that! )
BTW the only thing I like about cooler weather is the fact that I can conceal much easier. I might even go eat at BWW some...LOL.

I love my 1100. It's a great dove gun, and I killed my first deer with it with #1 buckshot in a creek bottom near my house when I was 12.

@rueben talking about conceal carry, I have the sticky holster with the ankle strap. I like it a lot. You can stick it anywhere where there's friction. It's comfortable and the holster is designed specifically for your gun. I carry a kimber micro .380. I'm a skinny guy and you can't tell I'm carrying it where ever I put it.

I have a remora with an ankle strap for my ol' .38. I like it, but I wear boots a lot, so it normally goes IWB.
For my .40 I have two custom made holsters, an IWB and an OWB. With a gun that big the OWB is, of course more comfortable. It rides high so it's pretty easy to cover with an untucked shirt. Even though it's not a true "retention" holster, the butt of the pistol is high enough that that I can lean into it and cover the top with my ribs.

figured i'd resurrect this thread to post this:

IMG_0897_zpsrkci5o5d.jpg

just picked it up last saturday. i've already added a light (streamlight tlr-1 hl) to it and bought 3 more magazines (mainly for when i go to the range). i also bought 600 rnds of target ammo and 150 rnds of defensive ammo.

i'd been carrying this.....

IMG_0870_zpspaucvwrj.jpg

but decided i wanted a semi-auto so i picked up the glock.

got some new pics and some news for Alabama ccw holders...

first, some news:

Bill to repeal pistol permit requirement in Alabama advances
An Alabama Senate committee today approved a bill that would repeal the requirement for a permit to carry a concealed handgun.

The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill by Sen. Gerald Allen, R-Tuscaloosa, by a vote of 6-3 after a public hearing.

It moves to the Senate for consideration.

click the link above for full story...

second, some pics:

put on some talon grips
IMG_1377_zpseyxubjvk.jpg

added some tfo (tritium | fiber optic) sights
IMG_1376_zpsyhd2xi6b.jpg

bought a new holster combo
IMG_1200_zpsaz6dsldc.jpg

i also went back with all black on my rifle. i've decided i'm going to paint it and having a solid base color will make much easier to do that.

Back
Top Bottom