| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Movies you've watched more than five times. (EDIT: OKAY, top five of the movies you...)

TerryP

Staff
Recently I saw a thread on X asking this question. At the time I thought, "that's a short list, if any."

Seeing OJ's news brought the question back to mind.

Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2½
Naked Gun 3⅓

Recently I saw a thread on X asking this question. At the time I thought, "that's a short list, if any."

Seeing OJ's news brought the question back to mind.

Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2½
Naked Gun 3⅓
I can say the same with your list.
The Longest Day.
M*A*S*H
Duck Soup

I'll do more than 10 times just to narrow the list quite a bit... and I'll also add these were watched start to finish... example, I've probably seen some stuff like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Shawshank 25 times, but it was almost always on TV and rarely ever from start to finish. Some of these I saw a bunch of times many, many years ago. Others are guilty pleasure type movies that I'll watch once a year or so. What this isn't is a list of critically acclaimed movies (for the most part).

Major League
Field of Dreams
Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Office Space
Top Gun
Road House
Old School
Billy Madison
Howard The Duck (don't judge too much here, but when I was a kid and I found Showtime, this movie was on every day for abut a year)
Fright Night (see also: Howard The Duck)
Gremlins (again, a regular Showtime watch in the 80's as a kid)
Four Christmases
Christmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation
Caddyshack
Meet the Parents
Wedding Crashers
Step Brothers
Dumb and Dumber
The Hangover
Opportunity Knocks
Coming to America
Karate Kid
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Fletch
Airplane
The Great Outdoors
The Patriot
Tombstone
Young Guns
Open Range
Maverick
Full Metal Jacket

Also, there's several kids movies that I watched many, many times with Little Miss. Van de Graaff in her earlier years like Frozen, Ice Age, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, etc... easily 10+ times.

I'll do more than 10 times just to narrow the list quite a bit... and I'll also add these were watched start to finish... example, I've probably seen some stuff like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Shawshank 25 times, but it was almost always on TV and rarely ever from start to finish. Some of these I saw a bunch of times many, many years ago. Others are guilty pleasure type movies that I'll watch once a year or so. What this isn't is a list of critically acclaimed movies (for the most part).

Major League
Field of Dreams
Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Office Space
Top Gun
Road House
Old School
Billy Madison
Howard The Duck (don't judge too much here, but when I was a kid and I found Showtime, this movie was on every day for abut a year)
Fright Night (see also: Howard The Duck)
Gremlins (again, a regular Showtime watch in the 80's as a kid)
Four Christmases
Christmas Vacation
Vegas Vacation
Caddyshack
Meet the Parents
Wedding Crashers
Step Brothers
Dumb and Dumber
The Hangover
Opportunity Knocks
Coming to America
Karate Kid
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Fletch
Airplane
The Great Outdoors
The Patriot
Tombstone
Young Guns
Open Range
Maverick
Full Metal Jacket

Also, there's several kids movies that I watched many, many times with Little Miss. Van de Graaff in her earlier years like Frozen, Ice Age, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, etc... easily 10+ times.
Toy Story, 2,3
Home Along 3
You know you have watch the a lot is when the song started she was belting it before the music, or she would be words for words as the spoke.
Most of the Disney Classic because I was buying them for our GD.
Getting back to my GD she complain about watching Frozen, and her daughters are doing that same. I told her I didn't want to hear it.

Way too many to list, but just off the top of my head...

Stand By Me (greatest movie ever)
Shawshank Redemption
Star Wars
(just the original trilogy over seven times)
Dead Poets Society
Indiana Jones
series
Godfathers
Young Guns (and the sequel -- If you ever get to read Pat Garrett's book, you'll see the movie's a rendition of that. It also killed my theory about who wrote Pals on Billy's headstone. The sequel...Not too bad seeing Bon Jovi get shot.)
Last of the Mohicans
Midnight Run
Ghostbusters
series
Cast Away
Toy Story
s
The Green Mile
Die Hard
(the first four)
Oceans 11, 12, and 13
Men in Black
(the first three)
Uncle Buck
Planes, Trains...
Tombstone
Miracle
and Major League (my favorite two sports movies)
Dances With Wolves
Caddyshack
(the sequel is the worst movie ever made)
Animal House
Platoon
The Patriot

I'm sure there a dozen extras.

Way too many to list, but just off the top of my head...

Stand By Me (greatest movie ever)
Shawshank Redemption
Star Wars
(just the original trilogy over seven times)
Dead Poets Society
Indiana Jones
series
Godfathers
Young Guns (and the sequel -- If you ever get to read Pat Garrett's book, you'll see the movie's a rendition of that. It also killed my theory about who wrote Pals on Billy's headstone. The sequel...Not too bad seeing Bon Jovi get shot.)
Last of the Mohicans
Midnight Run
Ghostbusters
series
Cast Away
Toy Story
s
The Green Mile
Die Hard
(the first four)
Oceans 11, 12, and 13
Men in Black
(the first three)
Uncle Buck
Planes, Trains...
Tombstone
Miracle
and Major League (my favorite two sports movies)
Dances With Wolves
Caddyshack
(the sequel is the worst movie ever made)
Animal House
Platoon
The Patriot

I'm sure there a dozen extras.
Have you watch the best one with the Rat Pack?

Of all the movies I've seen, I've seen them all at LEAST 5-6 times. But most of them I've seen probably 10 times or more.

There are 203 movies on my Amazon movie list (those that I've purchased). But there are a BUNCH of movies not on that list that I've seen multiple, multiple times. I could probably do a pretty good list with movies I've seen at least 20 times.

For my top 5, they are:
Star Wars (well over 300)
The Empire Strikes Back (over 200)
Return of the Jedi (over 200)
Indiana Jones (over 100)
The Temple of Doom (over 100)

There are a few more that I've seen at least 100 times or more. I watch a lot of movies.

I'm not much of a movie buff, don't watch a lot of tv either. Hate commercials. I doubt there are any movies I've seen 5 times. Maybe Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Many movies , for me, tend to drag on and I get bored easily.

Of all the movies I've seen, I've seen them all at LEAST 5-6 times. But most of them I've seen probably 10 times or more.

There are 203 movies on my Amazon movie list (those that I've purchased). But there are a BUNCH of movies not on that list that I've seen multiple, multiple times. I could probably do a pretty good list with movies I've seen at least 20 times.

For my top 5, they are:
Star Wars (well over 300)
The Empire Strikes Back (over 200)
Return of the Jedi (over 200)
Indiana Jones (over 100)
The Temple of Doom (over 100)

There are a few more that I've seen at least 100 times or more. I watch a lot of movies.
I must be one of 3-4 people who’ve never seen any of the Star Wars. Not a hater, just have never seen any of them.

Back
Top Bottom