| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. Whisky?

Good- Lawson, Jihaad, Overton, Milroe, Ryan Williams, running game, TURNOVERS!!!! Less penalties, Pass protection.

Bad- Injuries, Run defense at times(have to tighten up soon), some busted coverages that Wisconsin couldn't take advantage of.

Ugly- Wisconsin girls.
Yes but two of those flag gave them 1st down. What you think about Ryan returning punt. That was a good one he did!

Good: The OL looked much more like the OL most were expecting this year... and quite frankly, the OL that Bama needs to have for this offense to run smoothly.

Ryan Williams continues to be more than anything that could have been realistically hoped for at this point. Ridiculously talented and nowhere near his ceiling as a player.

On defense, LT Overton.

Holding Wisconsin to 3-14 on 3rd downs. That’s been a strong stat for Bama through 3 games (problem has been on 2nd and 4th however).

Also, that last sequence at the end of the 1st half. They miss FG, and Bama goes 73 yards in 2 plays. Beautiful.

Milroe… 3 weeks in a row with at least 2 rushing and 2 passing TD’s. Not shabby.

Still seeing a heavy rotation and sub pattern on both sides and I think it's already paying off with a few guys in terms of improvement.

Bad: The run defense as a whole. They did some good things, including several TFL’s… but they also got gashed a bit too much for my liking, especially when they knew the Badgers were gonna be running it. D-Line really had some letdowns against the run (in theri defense, they were having to fight through some holds all afternoon). I’m gonna give credit to @Kirk Van de Graaff on this one, as he brought up some concerns about the group in a conversation yesterday…. But the play of the inside backers has been way too up and down. Need more consistency from them. At times, Campbell and Lawson look tentative. Other times, lost. Wommack and his staff have 2 weeks to get some stuff figured out, or it could be a long night for the Tide against UGA.

On offense, Sheridan and DeBoer are going to have to find a comfort zone for Milroe that helps him and the offense move the chains more consistently. The explosive plays are great, but they can’t rely on those against teams like UGA and Tennessee. This offense has the dudes to really wear teams down with long drive and take over 2nd halves of games. But all these 3 and outs are going to negate that.

Redzone offense doesn’t give me a very warm feeling as it stands right now. I don’t love the heavy reliance on Milroe’s legs inside the 10. It should be a weapon in the arsenal, but not THE weapon, IMO. Too many playmakers to not have more diversity down there, which in turn would make Milroe’s occasional runs/keeps more effective as well.

Also, seems we have a helmet pop off way too often this season. Thought I saw it happen once when the officials missed it, which was nice. But the equipment team needs to get that shit figured out. I’m not seeing other teams lose their lids at nearly the same rate as Bama this season and I have no clue why that is other than the Tide got a load of shitty strap snaps.

Ugly: This Bama team has talent. They have good coaching. They have leaders. But they’re missing an identity... that's not always unusual at this point in September, but it would be beneficial to find one fast.

It’s part of it, but losing Russaw is a blow. Young would be as well for depth issues... but losing Russaw hurts. He was going to be a significant piece as the year went on.

These outdoor artificial turf stadiums can kiss my ass. You’re not a legitimate program if you’re not playing on grass.

Good: The OL looked much more like the OL most were expecting this year... and quite frankly, the OL that Bama needs to have for this offense to run smoothly.

Ryan Williams continues to be more than anything that could have been realistically hoped for at this point. Ridiculously talented and nowhere near his ceiling as a player.

On defense, LT Overton.

Holding Wisconsin to 3-14 on 3rd downs. That’s been a strong stat for Bama through 3 games (problem has been on 2nd and 4th however).

Also, that last sequence at the end of the 1st half. They miss FG, and Bama goes 73 yards in 2 plays. Beautiful.

Milroe… 3 weeks in a row with at least 2 rushing and 2 passing TD’s. Not shabby.

Still seeing a heavy rotation and sub pattern on both sides and I think it's already paying off with a few guys in terms of improvement.

Bad: The run defense as a whole. They did some good things, including several TFL’s… but they also got gashed a bit too much for my liking, especially when they knew the Badgers were gonna be running it. D-Line really had some letdowns against the run (in theri defense, they were having to fight through some holds all afternoon). I’m gonna give credit to @Kirk Van de Graaff on this one, as he brought up some concerns about the group in a conversation yesterday…. But the play of the inside backers has been way too up and down. Need more consistency from them. At times, Campbell and Lawson look tentative. Other times, lost. Wommack and his staff have 2 weeks to get some stuff figured out, or it could be a long night for the Tide.

On offense, Sheridan and DeBoer are going to have to find a comfort zone for Milroe that helps him and the offense move the chains more consistently. The explosive plays are great, but they can’t rely on those against teams like UGA and Tennessee. This offense has the dudes to really wear teams down with long drive and take over 2nd halves of games. But all these 3 and outs are going to negate that.

Redzone offense doesn’t give me a very warm feeling as it stands right now. I don’t love the heavy reliance on Milroe’s legs inside the 10. It should be a weapon in the arsenal, but not THE weapon, IMO. Too many playmakers to not have more diversity down there, which in turn would make Milroe’s occasional runs/keeps more effective as well.

Also, seems we have a helmet pop off way too often this season. Thought I saw it happen once when the officials missed it, which was nice. But the equipment team needs to get that shit figured out. I’m not seeing other teams lose their lids at nearly the same rate as Bama this season and I have no clue why that is other than the Tide got a load of shitty strap snaps.

Ugly: This Bama team has talent. They have good coaching. They have leaders. But they’re missing an identity... that's not always unusual at this point in September, but it would be beneficial to find one fast.

It’s part of it, but losing Russaw is a blow. Young would be as well for depth issues... but losing Russaw hurts. He was going to be a significant piece as the year went on.

These outdoor artificial turf stadiums can kiss my ass. You’re not a legitimate program if you’re not playing on grass.
Any word of the severity of Russaws injury?

Good- A win and the OL played much better. Helps when everytime you turn around you are not behind the chains because of a penalty.

Bad- Rush Defense.

Ugly- Rush Defense.. This is two weeks in a row and the Defense in general is going to be a problem against real teams. Got shoved around some at the point of attack and they continue to have tackling issues. Let me just say so far I am not impressed.

This is playing out like I expected, win but have some struggles due to growing pains.

Good- offense played well, especially at the O-line. Milroe started to find his game.

Bad- we have some of the best running backs in the league with a o-line that can be dominant, Run the damn ball more.

Ugly- Run Defense and injuries. The DBs got beat a few times also, lucky the opposing QB sucked balls.

Overall a great win and with the Bulldawgs next we get a rest.

Good- limited penalties, OL play. Building depth and building it early. Burnip is a weapon!

Bad- I’m going to point the finger at the defense, even though we limited Wisky to 10 points. The Wisky drive that gave them their lone TD. Nothing huge, but allowing them a 17 play drive though. 😡

Ugly- injuries! Was hoping to get out injury free.

I’m going to point the finger at the defense
I am going to point at the run defense and tackling. Last two weeks we have given up 200 and 150 yards rushing. Simply not cutting it.

Pass D has struggled also but we have not played a QB that can take advantage of it so far. It is coming and we need to get better but not likely to get better fast enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom