| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. LSU

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
Good- field goal kicking looked good.

Bad-defensive pass coverage.

Ugly-the play calling of BOB! Holy cow! I am beyond shocked he is still calling the offense.

Last edited:
Good: I did not have to watch the full game debackle. Got home and watched with 10 minutes in the 4th qtr
Bad: losing 2 games with more possible in regular season.
Ugly: the program has slipped. Does CNS have one more push in him? I think he does but will need to do it with some better coordinators.

Oh had to edit the Good: The Viles got beat.

Last edited:
Good: We can relax the rest of the season and not worry/stress about losing games to less talented teams.

Bad: Kelly winning the west in his first season after inheriting a program on hard times. Daniels 95 yards rushing.

Ugly: 6-16 on 3rd down. Bryce 25-51, Bryce INT in endzone, Kelly beating us and crying, Daniels 25 yard TD run on 1st play of OT, no spy on Daniels and therefore the 95 yards rushing. I could go on and on…

Good - Reichard getting back on the right side of things.

Bad - This entire team looked like crap tonight. Dropped passes, missed tackles, missed assignments, lack of knowledge of checkoffs, penalties, just terrible.

Ugly - Coordinators. It's time to clean house. Not a snap judgement. This will go down as the most underachieving team Saban has ever coached. This whole team needs a reset, new players, new coaches, everything. Defense has gone down hill the past number of years. Offense has gone down hill with its ability to see consistency. We cannot defend the pass, tackle, or stop any team of note anymore. The offense cannot block, receivers cannot get open, and the backs are having trouble getting a yard. I haven't been this upset ever since becoming an Alabama fan. The loss in Miami against Clemson was tough. The butt kicking in San Francisco was tough to accept. Last year's lost hurt because I hate Georgia. But this...this is just unreal and Saban's reign will end if he doesn't move on from both coordinators. It's the way we are losing and the reasons we are losing. If we were not talented, I have zero issues, but we have nothing but five and four star talent.

Good - Reichard getting back on the right side of things.

Bad - This entire team looked like crap tonight. Dropped passes, missed tackles, missed assignments, lack of knowledge of checkoffs, penalties, just terrible.

Ugly - Coordinators. It's time to clean house. Not a snap judgement. This will go down as the most underachieving team Saban has ever coached. This whole team needs a reset, new players, new coaches, everything. Defense has gone down hill the past number of years. Offense has gone down hill with its ability to see consistency. We cannot defend the pass, tackle, or stop any team of note anymore. The offense cannot block, receivers cannot get open, and the backs are having trouble getting a yard. I haven't been this upset ever since becoming an Alabama fan. The loss in Miami against Clemson was tough. The butt kicking in San Francisco was tough to accept. Last year's lost hurt because I hate Georgia. But this...this is just unreal and Saban's reign will end if he doesn't move on from both coordinators. It's the way we are losing and the reasons we are losing. If we were not talented, I have zero issues, but we have nothing but five and four star talent.
AMEN!!!! If Saban wants to go out on top and not be viewed as an old coach holding on too long, he has to move on from both coordinators. I will say it again, give Joe Brady 3-4 million a year to come be offensive coordinator and coach in waiting. Bring in a defensive coordinator that actually understands defense and lets ROLL. I'm at home and I called that pick play when the TE went into motion. How in the H3LL could they not see that play coming?

Welp, the "Dynasty's Over" talk will start again. Sadly, this time it may be true. CNS stayed with substandard coordinators for too long and that's on him. Tennessee gets their first win in 15-freakin' years and now Kelley gets his first win - both games the crowds storm the field. I just hate to say it go down like this. As others have said, we are stacked with all these 4 and 5 stars but we are losing and we are losing pathetically and our wins have looked weak and underwhelming. I am so disappointed.

AMEN!!!! If Saban wants to go out on top and not be viewed as an old coach holding on too long, he has to move on from both coordinators. I will say it again, give Joe Brady 3-4 million a year to come be offensive coordinator and coach in waiting. Bring in a defensive coordinator that actually understands defense and left ROLL. I'm at home and I called that pick play when the TE went into motion. How in the H3LL could they not see that play coming?

I called it as well. I figured the receivers were gonna mesh, but knew they would go outside regardless, and even though it was the tight end I don't understand why Battle looked like he came from across the field. On top of it I don't know why you are not cutting the ball off instead of attempting to tackle a big tight end that is falling towards the goal line.

I called it as well. I figured the receivers were gonna mesh, but knew they would go outside regardless, and even though it was the tight end I don't understand why Battle looked like he came from across the field. On top of it I don't know why you are not cutting the ball off instead of attempting to tackle a big tight end that is falling towards the goal line.
Agreed. If they had been properly coached, they would have passed off the TE and the outside CB would have covered the TE, but we are still playing that sad a$$ man coverage that EVERY team has figured out how to exploit.

Agreed. If they had been properly coached, they would have passed off the TE and the outside CB would have covered the TE, but we are still playing that sad a$$ man coverage that EVERY team has figured out how to exploit.

As a guy that has coached only kids, and played highest level in high school, you tell a defensive player in tight situations, "never let a guy cross your face". That's how you check off. Too many chances of a tipped pass on a slant or near the line, so of course you throw outside and hope he throws a better pass than a&M's quarterback did, and he did of course.

As a guy that has coached only kids, and played highest level in high school, you tell a defensive player in tight situations, "never let a guy cross your face". That's how you check off. Too many chances of a tipped pass on a slant or near the line, so of course you throw outside and hope he throws a better pass than a&M's quarterback did, and he did of course.
The TE also ran a much better route than the A&M receiver did.

The TE also ran a much better route than the A&M receiver did.

Either way, he should have been guarded and a better move put on him where the ball never reached him. He could have ran the most perfect route ever and the best pass ever thrown, but as a defensive guy you have to separate the receiver from the ball on a game winning/losing play, not come from behind and try to stop 250 pounds of momentum within a half yard.

Back
Top Bottom