| FTBL Texas A&M's coaching search seemingly isn't going too well.

A&M may have jumped the gun on firing Jimbo. They've already been turned down by Lanning and Campbell, Norvell isn't leaving FSU, Kiffin isn't coming. So, that leaves who on their board? I've seen Washingtons coach mentioned, Fisch from Arizona, and Traylor from Utsa. I thought they would jump all over Elko, but they appear to it view him as the guy to take over. Which is ridiculous in my opinion, look at what he's done with Duke in two seasons. Then there are the "not happening ever" candidates. I've seen some ridiculous names be thrown out for the job. Names such as.... Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Ryan Day, Kirby Smart. The people throwing these names out were not joking, I thought they were joking at first, but they were not. I get they have a lot of money, but these names being thrown in are ridiculous. A guy they should be seriously going after in my opinion is Glenn Schumann. But I hope they don't hire him and ruin him like they've always done with coaches. Like some of you know, Schumann is a coach I would love for Alabama to hire whenever(hopefully forever) Saban retires. It would suck for a great up and coming coach go to a death factory for coaches.

A&M may have jumped the gun on firing Jimbo. They've already been turned down by Lanning and Campbell, Norvell isn't leaving FSU, Kiffin isn't coming. So, that leaves who on their board? I've seen Washingtons coach mentioned, Fisch from Arizona, and Traylor from Utsa. I thought they would jump all over Elko, but they appear to it view him as the guy to take over. Which is ridiculous in my opinion, look at what he's done with Duke in two seasons. Then there are the "not happening ever" candidates. I've seen some ridiculous names be thrown out for the job. Names such as.... Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Ryan Day, Kirby Smart. The people throwing these names out were not joking, I thought they were joking at first, but they were not. I get they have a lot of money, but these names being thrown in are ridiculous. A guy they should be seriously going after in my opinion is Glenn Schumann. But I hope they don't hire him and ruin him like they've always done with coaches. Like some of you know, Schumann is a coach I would love for Alabama to hire whenever(hopefully forever) Saban retires. It would suck for a great up and coming coach go to a death factory for coaches.
I don't think that is accurate statement, maybe i'm wrong on this....
Lanning is too expensive. TAMU never considered Lanning, Campbell, Norvell or Kiffin. They all likely will require large amount of money to go to TAMU.

Listen TAMU isn't going to go after big names. They can't not with Jimbo's buyout contract they have to pay. I think It'll be Elko or some unknown name out somewhere that will be hired. Schumann probably will ask for lot of money because he's in comfortable position and I don't see him in a hurry to get a HC job anytime soon.

They knew going into this that they wouldn't have to fall below Traylor or Elko to get a yes (assuming they don't f it up)... either of which would at least be better than Jimbo. I don't think it was very realistic to think they were going to get Lanning or Campbell, and even with those Texas sized-egos, I'm sure they figured as much. There is (or was) supposedly some traction with Leipold.

I don't think that is accurate statement, maybe i'm wrong on this....
Lanning is too expensive. TAMU never considered Lanning, Campbell, Norvell or Kiffin. They all likely will require large amount of money to go to TAMU.

Listen TAMU isn't going to go after big names. They can't not with Jimbo's buyout contract they have to pay. I think It'll be Elko or some unknown name out somewhere that will be hired. Schumann probably will ask for lot of money because he's in comfortable position and I don't see him in a hurry to get a HC job anytime soon.
You may be right, but I think he was their top candidate and would've paid whatever necessary to get Lanning to College station if he wanted to come there. A&M did reach out to Campbell, but he shut that down pretty quick. I'm sure they considered Kiffin and Norvell, but they probably knew those two were longshots. I'm hopeful they do not touch Schumann, I really really really do not want that to happen.

They knew going into this that they wouldn't have to fall below Traylor or Elko to get a yes (assuming they don't f it up)... either of which would at least be better than Jimbo. I don't think it was very realistic to think they were going to get Lanning or Campbell, and even with those Texas sized-egos, I'm sure they figured as much. There is (or was) supposedly some traction with Leipold.
I think Lanning would have been realistic for them had he been interested, even with the amount they would've had to pay for him. A lot of people(me included) didn't think they could afford to fire Jimbo this year, but they damn sure found a way. I think those donors would've paid whatever necessary to get him, as they did to get rid of Jimbo.

I think Lanning would have been realistic for them had he been interested, even with the amount they would've had to pay for him. A lot of people(me included) didn't think they could afford to fire Jimbo this year, but they damn sure found a way. I think those donors would've paid whatever necessary to get him, as they did to get rid of Jimbo.

That's what I mean. Even Dan Campbell would have been realistic if he was interested... anybody would. But Lanning knows if he stays on track, he will get to cherry pick his job down the road. Money isn't the issue with them... people compare them to places like Alabama, Florida, Michigan, etc... but that oil money is just different and their donors/boosters are absolutely loaded with it.

That's what I mean. Even Dan Campbell would have been realistic if he was interested... anybody would. But Lanning knows if he stays on track, he will get to cherry pick his job down the road. Money isn't the issue with them... people compare them to places like Alabama, Florida, Michigan, etc... but that oil money is just different and their donors/boosters are absolutely loaded with it.
Scroll through different counties and government positions in the state of Texas and look at how many have A&M connections. A&M is like the state of Florida. It's going to take the right coach.

You know what's crazy? A Stallings type coach will work there, and win, today...just like it did decades ago.

Scroll through different counties and government positions in the state of Texas and look at how many have A&M connections. A&M is like the state of Florida. It's going to take the right coach.

You know what's crazy? A Stallings type coach will work there, and win, today...just like it did decades ago.

They’ve got that ag school weirdness, but on steroids. And it’s crazy how is bleeds into the football program… same as it does in Starkville and auburn. Fit is just so important there.

They’ve got that ag school weirdness, but on steroids. And it’s crazy how is bleeds into the football program… same as it does in Starkville and auburn. Fit is just so important there.
Dabo would be a good fit there. You know what I'm about to say is true...

You can see him in overall's, leading the Yell Crew.

After all, it's all about Dabo.

It’s only been four days. The bulk of potential coaches are focused on finishing their seasons with wins because wins bring $$$ bonuses (there’s higher likelihood they won’t get the A&M job than they will) for them and their assistants.

Dabo would be a good fit there. You know what I'm about to say is true...

You can see him in overall's, leading the Yell Crew.

After all, it's all about Dabo.

Already envisioned it... 😆

It's not the Texas sized egos that matter. It's the Texas sized bank accounts.

Back
Top Bottom