| FTBL Coaching targets... Homerun hires?

Hey .... Not cool. We might argue, laugh, throw shade but don't say things like that to another posters .....if I said something like that to anyone on here, then I deserve to be roasted for being an ass.
Did you just read his.. enough of the double standards here.. I have really tried to be nice..if we disagree in a debate that is ok..I’m cool

I see these have drop out?
Lanning
Sark
Norvell

Rees will be interview Saturday?

They are getting their raises. That’s how this was going to work and the reason for the 72 hour window. Sexton and Byrne both have a long track record… an m.o. Thus far, it was played out exactly within their playbooks. Doesn’t mean it’ll end perfectly for Alabama, but it should at the very least earn Byrne some trust.

Ok, take this with a grain of salt…. I hope it’s not true.
At LA Bar B Q in Loxley, over heard some fellows talking about the search. One guy (circuit court judge/Bama grad) said it’s Dabo.
Large portion of the $$$$$$$ is apparently pressing for Dabo, according to him….

Kalen DeBoer- A decent enough sample size to say the guy is a winner. He knows how to gameplan and adjust. Really good offensive mind that would translate to points. He's loyal to his staff, but his staff is also really well thought of and they've been loyal to him too. Cons would be possible culture shock and he's unfamiliar with the pressures of Alabama and the SEC in general. He'd have to work hard to develop relationships for recruiting, but that would come in time and isn't as necessary as it used to be anyway. Lastly, a strong commitment would have to be made on defense for him to sustain success.
While this is never a given with any coach I don't have a lot of worries here. IF he can make the transition from ND State to the PAC 12 and continue having success? I believe it would bode well.

While this is never a given with any coach I don't have a lot of worries here. IF he can make the transition from ND State to the PAC 12 and continue having success? I believe it would bode well.

Agree... I was just trying to find some cons with him. Not many there. Doesn't mean he's be successful. But, nobody, even the GS guys would be guaranteed success IMO.

On the culture shock thing, it is really more about the spotlight than the move south, though either could be hard on the wrong person. But you look at a guy like Oats... the move south he has fully embraced.

Ok, take this with a grain of salt…. I hope it’s not true.
At LA Bar B Q in Loxley, over heard some fellows talking about the search. One guy (circuit court judge/Bama grad) said it’s Dabo.
Large portion of the $$$$$$$ is apparently pressing for Dabo, according to him….

LOL, hand to God, I was getting my haircut on 15th St in a barber ship on Monday. One of the other barbers said, "we heard from a guy in here this morning from the university that Alabama is about to hire a big time coach..." This was over 24 hours before Saban's announcement came out. It was silly barber shop talk and probably about some new WR coach or something... but I can't help but picture Byrne sitting there in the chair and just dropping that bomb and them not having any idea who he was.

Back
Top Bottom