| FTBL Alabama football team will be just fine.

As far as us taking vengeance on teams such as Texass or Georgia, spring semester transfers cannot play same year if transferring within conference. Not without I wavier.

When DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington, they had 28 guys who transferred out. He won 11 games his 1st year, with the only 2 loses early in the year to ranked teams.

I'm not 100% on this, but pretty darn sure 11-2 gets us into the playoffs. If we can get there and I think we will be one of those teams that just gets better every week. As the team adjusts and feels out the system we'll find better success later in the season hopefully we peak at the right time, make it in, and have a chance.

“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” Don't doubt the Coaches or the players, support them and we'll find ourself back in it faster than you think.

As far as us taking vengeance on teams such as Texass or Georgia, spring semester transfers cannot play same year if transferring within conference. Not without I wavier.
So as Brandon said Texas is fair game as is Oklahoma. Georgia transfers will be higher number than Georgia realizes. They're robbing Peter to pay Paul this year much like OHST and Texas. They'll pay for it with their 2024 and 2023 5-stars start hitting the portal. If we can sell them on a spot here next year then we can snag 1 or 2 of those guys also. May not be instant players but will allow us to set ourselves up for future success. I imagine we snag 1-2 from each of those 3 programs and likely some other people we aren't thinking about yet.

Right now is as bad as it will get, attrition wise. I'm already sick of the ones like Downs who have the collective sympathy of college football because they "didn't get to play for Saban". Tough fucking shit. Saban is 72!! Was he supposed to coach until the day he was laid out at the funeral home so Caleb fucking Downs' wishes could be fulfilled? Saban's retirement had to happen during somebody's playing days. And Downs just happened to be in the group it happened to. Stuff like that happens. It's just a chance you take when you involve yourself in any venture. Hell, he and his father HAD to know that at 72, Saban retiring sooner and not later was a very real possibility. But let these people go. Downs, one hit wonder Bond, Sayin, Proctor. Because as the other fan bases are sure to remind us, their loyalty was to Saban and not Bama. They tell us this, while welcoming these people to their campus. Yeah, I'm sure that at their next stop, it will be FAR different. Bond, Downs, Proctor, etc..will go where they are going next because they love the school. :rolleyes:

And something else.....and this is the real head scratcher. So...they refuse to stay at Bama because Saban, the one and only guy they came to play for is retired. So, they can't stay at the Capstone because there is no Saban. So...they go elsewhere, where there will be no Saban. :unsure: Either way....no matter where they go or what they do... there is NO SABAN!! NOTHING will change that. Now, they may be seriously believing that they will land with a coach who is the "next Saban". Well...they sure as fuck are in for a rude awakening if that's the case.

Yeah, we have lost some fine players to the portal and have had some signees to de commit. Probably there will be more to leave. So what now? You fill their space with another 5 or 4 star player already on our roster. Or maybe a big hearted, over achieving 3 star player. CKD and his hand picked assistants will be working hard to prove themselves worthy of their positions here at probably one of the best educational universities and the premiere football programs in the country. It may or may not happen that we win enough to be included in the playoffs this upcoming season.
Year two? Look out, because shit is about to get real.

A Caleb Downs can't be replaced. Proctor, probably not either if he does indeed leave. Ferguson was a key piece. Earl Little had a high ceiling, but added had nothing so far. Amos showed promise, I'd consider him a key piece (at a ket spot). Bond and Niblack are not the losses that many fans think they are... good players, not players that are going to make or break Bama's season. Sayin has loads of potential, but for me, hardly a concern. Bama is fine at QB, and despite his 5 stars and obvious abilities as a QB, he isn't a known commodity at this level. In fact, I'll bet he transfers at least once more before all is said and done.

When DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington, they had 28 guys who transferred out. He won 11 games his 1st year, with the only 2 loses early in the year to ranked teams.
He was playing in the PAC-12. Not trying to be a downer even though I know it sounds that way. Realistically if CKD had CNS's roster it would have still been a dip just learning the new system and the coaching staff needing to learn their opponents.

We’re going to be fine. I’ll say again by the end of it we’re going to be a top 10 if not top 5 team
Which would be a drop from what we have seen. Now you are talking ND/LSU level. That is not the Bama standard. With that said I expect it to take time. A top 10 or 5 finish would be great with all the changes and would exceed most first year coaches.

Best to hunker down to all the other teams are out of money for our troops. I believe trying to pay all the guys pretty much the same salary is the better plan with maybe a couple getting more dollars.

It's going to be thin for spring drills. I am going with 7-5 this fall. Looking forward to howTop the staff prepares the team in 2024.

Can he recruit Top 10-15 classes? That is the key .

We'll see

Best to hunker down to all the other teams are out of money for our troops. I believe trying to pay all the guys pretty much the same salary is the better plan with maybe a couple getting more dollars.

It's going to be thin for spring drills. I am going with 7-5 this fall. Looking forward to howTop the staff prepares the team in 2024.

Can he recruit Top 10-15 classes? That is the key .

We'll see
To compete at a high level we are going to need to recruit at top 5 level. At least to sustain success year after year.

I'm not 100% on this, but pretty darn sure 11-2 gets us into the playoffs. If we can get there and I think we will be one of those teams that just gets better every week. As the team adjusts and feels out the system we'll find better success later in the season hopefully we peak at the right time, make it in, and have a chance.

“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” Don't doubt the Coaches or the players, support them and we'll find ourself back in it faster than you think.
In a 12-team playoff, with our OOC schedule for the next 8-10 years, we will never miss the playoffs with a two-loss record. Never.

The sky is not falling. I understand players leaving because they were recruited by, and wanted to play for, Saban. The NIL-based recruitment will draw players that don’t really care about Alabama. Several players have decommitted, but these are 2025 class players. There’s still plenty of time to re-recruit them. No one knows what DeBoer will be able to produce at Alabama. This Spring and the upcoming season will be key.

The Bama standard is get to the playoff, we’ll be there.
The Bama standard is to average 12 wins per season, make the playoffs and win at least half of them. I am not going to be one that hammers CKD because he doesn't live up to that but we should do better than most programs based on Bama history (at least under Bryant and CNS).

Not trying to be a downer here but you do not lose the guys we have lost with their elite talent and replace them with equivalent talent. Will they be good players sure but it is not a zero sum game I do not believe. All would have had to learn a new system anyway but lets get real the new guys are not programmed to think/prepare/work the way the players leaving were trained to do under CNS. To me that is the difference in what happened when CNS left LSU and Miles kept it going versus now with NIL. The roster turn over is so high these new guys do not have that experience built into their muscle memory. We do have some veterans that will be there to try and hold them accountable and CKD is a very good coach. The infrastructure is still the same. The transition to CKD system will be accelerated simply because of the roster turnover.
CNS is not the coach anymore. I have no doubt that CKD will have much more let's say comtemporary schemes. This is a totally different game than when Miles took over for Saban almost 20 YEARS AGO. Too many people here leaping off a cliff before they even see what the on-field product looks like. Also, transfer portal opens up again in April. Let's see what happens then as well. In addition, some of the guys coming in from UW are no slacks. People whining about Sayin who hasn't ever played a down, but Mack was rated by 247 as a 96 while Sayin was a 98 - and Mack has five inches, bigger hands (as if hand size has no impact at all on things like fumbles and ball control 😆), and 35 pounds on him. Don't sleep on Mack, he may be our starter in '24. Let's let CKD install what he does and we can make judgments after season #1. I think a lot of people want to see CNS 2.0 - that ain't gone happen. That cain't happen. CNS was a once in a lifetime and it's over. Doesn't mean CKD can't win championships doing it his way. I can't wait to see UGA and Aubie try to defend our new offense. It's going to be fun.

CNS is not the coach anymore. I have no doubt that CKD will have much more let's say comtemporary schemes. This is a totally different game than when Miles took over for Saban almost 20 YEARS AGO. Too many people here leaping off a cliff before they even see what the on-field product looks like. Also, transfer portal opens up again in April. Let's see what happens then as well. In addition, some of the guys coming in from UW are no slacks. People whining about Sayin who hasn't ever played a down, but Mack was rated by 247 as a 96 while Sayin was a 98 - and Mack has five inches, bigger hands (as if hand size has no impact at all on things like fumbles and ball control 😆), and 35 pounds on him. Don't sleep on Mack, he may be our starter in '24. Let's let CKD install what he does and we can make judgments after season #1. I think a lot of people want to see CNS 2.0 - that ain't gone happen. That cain't happen. CNS was a once in a lifetime and it's over. Doesn't mean CKD can't win championships doing it his way. I can't wait to see UGA and Aubie try to defend our new offense. It's going to be fun.
Nothing in my post implies I think CNS is still the coach or that I do not believe CKD will get the job done. Just like you, I am trying say there is no CNS 2.0, so be prepared for some adjustment period. Losing this talent and replacement it and adjusting to a new system will take time. This is not going to be business as usual but would love to be wrong.

My CNS/Miles comment was to point out that the foundation laid by CNS even Miles could not screw it up for 10 years. Given the timeframe w/o NIL was a different time. With NIL it is a completely different animal so the adjustment will be expedited where CKD's talent and philosophy will have to step up sooner. Fortunately CKD is leaps and bounds better than the doofus Miles as his track record shows but the SEC is a different beast.

Back
Top Bottom