| FTBL Alabama football team will be just fine.

@Brandon Van de Graaff @TerryP have maintained for weeks that we will take some hits on depth chart, and we just need to weather the storm right now. They also have stated that coaches are doing hell of a job trying to keep the team together. I'm actually impressed with how they have handled this. While Ohio State, Texas and Georgia are enjoying this, they will regret it almost immediately. Everything I've learned in the past week or so seem to suggest that we will be fine. It looks like disaster right now, but I promise you this: The team will be very good and will have a deep roster come September.

This has been stated so many times and many of fans still don't get it: I'll say this: Poke the bear and you'll be sorry.

This is exactly what Terry and Brandon has been saying.... Come April.... instead of us, it will be OSU, Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss, and other school screaming, "That's not fair!" Alabama will strike back and will have the last laugh in the end. Best believe that Coach, KD, assistant coaches, Saban and Coutney Morgan are working this behind the scene. Saban knew this was coming once he retired, and him being there behind the scene is a huge bonus help to the staff.

All of the speculation and listening to the rumors isn't helping at all, so we just need to stay focused on the big picture: April 16th. That's the key. All gloves are off.

On Downs- it doesn't matter where he goes... I wish him well. Lot of people thinks he'll continue to have success everywhere he goes. I'm inclined to believe that but I also think he will continue to be exposed for the same thing he experienced at Alabama. In the long run, I think and it's strictly my opinion.... Having him here for another year is a bonus, but in the long run, it might be best for both parties to move on.

On Sayin- It is what it is: Many of you said that Sayin was perfect for Coach KD system, but really, I didn't think he was the right fit from the start, but he was perfect for few things in the system, but as a whole... It might be best for him to move on. Him going to Ohio State and be coached under BOB.. that said a lot about who he is as a player. he's a system guy.

We will be fine.

I fully believe we’ll finish the year in the top 10 if not top 5.

This team is going to have a chip on their shoulder and they’ll be like family. Going to be scary for every other team.

As for those that left, adios. Talented dudes, but they wouldn’t fit into the culture being built.

@Brandon Van de Graaff @TerryP have maintained for weeks that we will take some hits on depth chart, and we just need to weather the storm right now. They also have stated that coaches are doing hell of a job trying to keep the team together. I'm actually impressed with how they have handled this. While Ohio State, Texas and Georgia are enjoying this, they will regret it almost immediately. Everything I've learned in the past week or so seem to suggest that we will be fine. It looks like disaster right now, but I promise you this: The team will be very good and will have a deep roster come September.

This has been stated so many times and many of fans still don't get it: I'll say this: Poke the bear and you'll be sorry.

This is exactly what Terry and Brandon has been saying.... Come April.... instead of us, it will be OSU, Texas, Georgia, Ole Miss, and other school screaming, "That's not fair!" Alabama will strike back and will have the last laugh in the end. Best believe that Coach, KD, assistant coaches, Saban and Coutney Morgan are working this behind the scene. Saban knew this was coming once he retired, and him being there behind the scene is a huge bonus help to the staff.

All of the speculation and listening to the rumors isn't helping at all, so we just need to stay focused on the big picture: April 16th. That's the key. All gloves are off.

On Downs- it doesn't matter where he goes... I wish him well. Lot of people thinks he'll continue to have success everywhere he goes. I'm inclined to believe that but I also think he will continue to be exposed for the same thing he experienced at Alabama. In the long run, I think and it's strictly my opinion.... Having him here for another year is a bonus, but in the long run, it might be best for both parties to move on.

On Sayin- It is what it is: Many of you said that Sayin was perfect for Coach KD system, but really, I didn't think he was the right fit from the start, but he was perfect for few things in the system, but as a whole... It might be best for him to move on. Him going to Ohio State and be coached under BOB.. that said a lot about who he is as a player. he's a system guy.

We will be fine.

Thank you for an extremely rational post.

We will be fine.

So if Tx, Ga, tOSU, Tenn and others are grabbing our players because we can’t or won’t match the NIL $$$$$, what’s to keep them from continuing to outbid us for the best players in April?

So if Tx, Ga, tOSU, Tenn and others are grabbing our players because we can’t or won’t match the NIL $$$$$, what’s to keep them from continuing to outbid us for the best players in April?
They can have who they want, I'm a big believer that if you continue to buy players and doesn't show for it, it'll blow up in their face. not worried about April for us.. by then, we should be good to go.

Not trying to be a downer here but you do not lose the guys we have lost with their elite talent and replace them with equivalent talent. Will they be good players sure but it is not a zero sum game I do not believe. All would have had to learn a new system anyway but lets get real the new guys are not programmed to think/prepare/work the way the players leaving were trained to do under CNS. To me that is the difference in what happened when CNS left LSU and Miles kept it going versus now with NIL. The roster turn over is so high these new guys do not have that experience built into their muscle memory. We do have some veterans that will be there to try and hold them accountable and CKD is a very good coach. The infrastructure is still the same. The transition to CKD system will be accelerated simply because of the roster turnover.

We will be fine.

I think there is a little faulty thinking on one aspect here. You’re acting like other teams can’t also pick up players on this same date in April. It ain’t like Bama is the only girl at the dance and gets her pick of the litter.

I think there is a little faulty thinking on one aspect here. You’re acting like other teams can’t also pick up players on this same date in April. It ain’t like Bama is the only girl at the dance and gets her pick of the litter.
Is that how you looked at it? I'm talking about Alabama and their situation, how they will plan for April 16th....

The saying, open a can of worms and you can't close it... that's exactly what's happening with Alabama. You can't just cherry pick players from the roster and then expect Alabama to lay down and take it.

There's another factor to keep in mind: no matter who is in the portal, everyone still has the same 85 man roster limit. So if Texas and Georgia ad Florida State are picking up all these Bama players, that means fewer roster spots for them in the spring. Bama now has plenty of scholarships available, and plenty of money to spend. So Bama will be primed to pick off a bunch of players in the portal.

Not trying to be a downer here but you do not lose the guys we have lost with their elite talent and replace them with equivalent talent. Will they be good players sure but it is not a zero sum game I do not believe. All would have had to learn a new system anyway but lets get real the new guys are not programmed to think/prepare/work the way the players leaving were trained to do under CNS. To me that is the difference in what happened when CNS left LSU and Miles kept it going versus now with NIL. The roster turn over is so high these new guys do not have that experience built into their muscle memory. We do have some veterans that will be there to try and hold them accountable and CKD is a very good coach. The infrastructure is still the same. The transition to CKD system will be accelerated simply because of the roster turnover.
Sayin wasn’t here long enough to learn much of a system

We will be fine.

I’m not sure how Texas, OSU, and UGA will regret cherry picking some of our most skilled players immediately? Bama will be fine in the long run but I see no situation where we are as strong of a team going into next season with the losses we’ve had regardless of what we pick up in the portal. It’s all just part of the coaching / system change and the dumb ass portal / NIL situation.

One thing that has stood out to me tremendously is how strong of a pull Nick Saban had on players. We just don’t have that anymore.

A Caleb Downs can't be replaced. Proctor, probably not either if he does indeed leave. Ferguson was a key piece. Earl Little had a high ceiling, but had added nothing so far. Amos showed promise, I'd consider him a key piece (at a ket spot). Bond and Niblack are not the losses that many fans think they are... good players, not players that are going to make or break Bama's season. Sayin has loads of potential, but for me, hardly a concern. Bama is fine at QB, and despite his 5 stars and obvious abilities as a QB, he isn't a known commodity at this level. In fact, I'll bet he transfers at least once more before all is said and done.

When DeBoer took over a 4-8 Washington, they had 28 guys who transferred out. He won 11 games his 1st year, with the only 2 loses early in the year to ranked teams.

I’m not sure how Texas, OSU, and UGA will regret cherry picking some of our most skilled players immediately? Bama will be fine in the long run but I see no situation where we are as strong of a team going into next season with the losses we’ve had regardless of what we pick up in the portal. It’s all just part of the coaching / system change and the dumb ass portal / NIL situation.

One thing that has stood out to me tremendously is how strong of a pull Nick Saban had on players. We just don’t have that anymore.
They’re going to lose damn good players too.

I’m not taking away from his talent, but what is Bond known for? His catch in the Iron Bowl, Sayin? Was a damn good high school QB, but the QB we just got is damn good too. We lost talent obviously, but we’ll be fine

They can have who they want, I'm a big believer that if you continue to buy players and doesn't show for it, it'll blow up in their face. not worried about April for us.. by then, we should be good to go.

I believe you're sunshine pumping a little much. We can't lose all our top level talent and still compete like we're used to. When did Saban ever compete with no star recruits? It takes those superstars along with other filler guys to buy in. Hence why you won't see those outside the Top 10 in recruiting be mainstays in the Playoff or National Championship race. Look back at any Championship team and you'll fine highly rated recruits. We won't be garbage, but you're wrong if you think we can keep losing guys and still be "ok".

I believe you're sunshine pumping a little much. We can't lose all our top level talent and still compete like we're used to. When did Saban ever compete with no star recruits? It takes those superstars along with other filler guys to buy in. Hence why you won't see those outside the Top 10 in recruiting be mainstays in the Playoff or National Championship race. Look back at any Championship team and you'll fine highly rated recruits. We won't be garbage, but you're wrong if you think we can keep losing guys and still be "ok".
We’re going to be fine. I’ll say again by the end of it we’re going to be a top 10 if not top 5 team

Not a damn one of us knows how successful DeBoer will be, but if we are going to ask the players to either jump on the DeBoer wagon or basically get the hell off; then we damn well better be willing to do the same thing as fans. For the hundredth time, we knew that there would be departures after Nick retired. No one knows how quickly the players we will get in the portal or have remaining before the season starts can grasp the systems implemented by the new coaching staff. But I do know one thing. I'm hopping on the DeBoer wagon. I believe in our A.D. I believe in DeBoer and his coaching staff and I damn well love the University of Alabama and realize how fortunate I am to have been a fan of an elite college football program. Call me a sunshine pumper if you want, but while we may possibly take a step back, I will die on the hill of being an Alabama fan who backs the team and coaches until proven wrong.

We’re going to be fine. I’ll say again by the end of it we’re going to be a top 10 if not top 5 team

Gonna be a tough year with our schedule. In the end, I believe in our coach, but it's still an uncertain situation and nowhere anywhere does it say it's a fair game with even situations. I personally don't think it plays out where we get even through the Portal. It'll have to be on the field.

Back
Top Bottom