| FTBL Quote from Ty Simpson

Living Vicariously through them is a big no no to me, it confuses them to the point they do not understand wtf you are doing to them. I wanted every kid at first to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I found out what one has the ability to do the other doesnt, stepped aside let them have fun. Glad I caught that early. Cause I wanted a Bama player badly and they did not get the whole Live and die Bama thing I grew up with until they got older. LOL Its fun watching Alabama Games with them, they have the passion without my arm twisting.
This right here!! Parents that live vicariously through their kids!!! In my 28 years, I saw this as the #1 cause for all problems for kids!! With my son, I wanted him to go to BAMA and play for Saban. I wanted big things for him! When he was 5 though, I decided that I would help him if he asked, but I wouldn’t be that driving force behind him. I was going to let him enjoy his childhood and his HS years. I already lived mine, now it was HIS time. In rec programs, I exclaimed to the director that I wouldn’t coach a team, only help my son’s coach IF the coach asked for help. My son asked to go to football camps and I carried him. If he asked for my help, I gave it. If he didn’t, I sat back and watched. I will admit that during his junior days, I wanted back in to coaching to help him and his team. The HC was young and over his head and he had assistants that were only in it for the supplement. His senior year, I tried one last time. I wanted to be on the sidelines with my son. Selfish, I know!!

This right here!! Parents that live vicariously through their kids!!! In my 28 years, I saw this as the #1 cause for all problems for kids!! With my son, I wanted him to go to BAMA and play for Saban. I wanted big things for him! When he was 5 though, I decided that I would help him if he asked, but I wouldn’t be that driving force behind him. I was going to let him enjoy his childhood and his HS years. I already lived mine, now it was HIS time. In rec programs, I exclaimed to the director that I wouldn’t coach a team, only help my son’s coach IF the coach asked for help. My son asked to go to football camps and I carried him. If he asked for my help, I gave it. If he didn’t, I sat back and watched. I will admit that during his junior days, I wanted back in to coaching to help him and his team. The HC was young and over his head and he had assistants that were only in it for the supplement. His senior year, I tried one last time. I wanted to be on the sidelines with my son. Selfish, I know!!
Not selfish, thats love.

I have said this before and I will say it again. There is one major difference between coaches leaving whenever they want and players being able to do the same thing: coaches are employees of a school, and as employees they can be fired at anytime. Players are not employees and they can not be fired at any time without reasonable cause. They can be benched for poor performance, but they still have their scholarship. And this is where college football is headed. Free agency is already a thing in college football. Paying players is already happening. The next step is to make them employees with the same benefits and rights as every other employee. However, that means they can be fired for poor performance, and it also means players unions to protect the players. And when you have players unions, you have player strikes. This is where college football is headed. It can't be stopped. The momentum is already too strong. College football is going to be a minor league for the NFL. Guaranteed.

Let me tell you Kirk. I consoled A LOT of kids over the years that played their last game in competitive sports, but nothing hurt as bad as trying to console my son when his career ended.
I coached in the Dixie League here, did not have the credentials for High School to do so. All 3 of my sons had me on the sidelines as a DB coach at some point. The first son was more of a Baseball player and never adjusted to being in pads. Middle son was a hitter, he loved the CB position and was serviceable. My first attempt to coach him up confused him because he was used to me being less "professional" with wording and on the field, I took more of a "treat them all the same" kind of deal. Then when we would wrap up drills and go home, I would do my teaching moments. I learned from that, too much coaching. Leave him alone. Leave it on the field when you get in that truck. Youngest was a QB, he was very athletic, could play all 3 big sports, found he liked the females more and played through 11th grade and poof, he slacked. I let it alone, cause he played sports the longest out of the 3. Love them all. I do understand you on that. It is very hard watching them grow up in some ways.

If Ty does transfer. I hope it’s not the Barn reason being I believe his talent would be wasted there. Not because of my dislike for the barn. But I believe there’s division down there because Cadillac is still on the staff. JMO.

too much coaching.
Frank Howard, the Clemson football coach back in the day, had a similar story. Frank was also the track coach. A young man came to him and wanted to throw the javelin. Knowing nothing about it, he told him to go to the library and get such and such book. The boy did and won several accolades. The lesson learned was, "sometimes you can over coach". I believe I read this in "The Bear" by PW Underwood, a late 70's book about the greatest coach of his time. Good read!!

Don't think Simpson is going into the portal this time around. He's solidly #2, Milroe will be here likely 1 more year. Simpson is next in line for the starting job. Unless Sayin or someone else beats him out. He and the coaches believe he's our QB of the future for now. Things change during practices obviously

Don't think Simpson is going into the portal this time around. He's solidly #2, Milroe will be here likely 1 more year. Simpson is next in line for the starting job. Unless Sayin or someone else beats him out. He and the coaches believe he's our QB of the future for now. Things change during practices obviously
Yeah. See mac and what being at best place with best teammates and best coaching can do for you....

His dad is a coach. Should tell him the same

Back
Top Bottom