| NEWS Alabama football: Ty Simpson betting favorite to start at QB Week 1 - On3.com

Oh I agree with you 100% there. And I cannot personally answer that question because I didn't even really pay attention to A-Day nor have I heard anything out of practice. I just think Saban wants a guy that has the ability to get out of a situation. Hurts, Tua, and Bryce were all mobile to very mobile quarterbacks and could get out of trouble and we saw a lot of success with them.

If we had the receivers to just blow past everyone or experienced route runners, a pocket passer like Mac will suffice since a guy like him was very intelligent and know where to get the ball to and quickly get it there. I think we have talented receivers, but young receivers that may get a pocket passers head knocked off.
Simpson and Buchner are mobile, too.

You can only run so much. At some point you gotta pass.

Look at Hurts. With a line, he will be better. Him and Bryce were under constant pressure last year. Y'all act like Milroe is a middle school quarterback. Dude has more athleticism and ability than all of us combined, so it's almost comical how he's being discounted to QB3 with "no arm" talent. Bryce received all the attention and reps the last three years, even while he was backup. Milroe getting more attention and focus will develop him.

Look at Hurts. With a line, he will be better. Him and Bryce were under constant pressure last year. Y'all act like Milroe is a middle school quarterback. Dude has more athleticism and ability than all of us combined, so it's almost comical how he's being discounted to QB3 with "no arm" talent. Bryce received all the attention and reps the last three years, even while he was backup. Milroe getting more attention and focus will develop him.
The problem isn't arm "talent." It's touch, accuracy, decision-making, and ball security. He's clearly the third best option at this point.

But Milroe ain't close in any other category, and those are the important ones.

How do you know? "Ain't close" is a bold statement for a guy suiting up at QB for Nick Saban. I don't expect everyone to see how a guy can fit and play at a position. Some people have a knack for it and others don't. You downplayed Bryce, so I'm not so focused on your idea of the ideal candidate.

Back
Top Bottom