| FTBL Quote from Ty Simpson

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
The transfer portal window closes Jan. 2 for all players not part of a New Year's Six bowl, and those players have an extended five days.

Does that make things stressful having a small window?

"It certainly does," Simpson said. "You look at Malik Murphy who’s a friend of mine at Texas. He felt like transferring was best for him and he left the team when they were going to the playoffs. It certainly does. But I think there’s a lot of credibility with staying and waiting out and making sure this is the right place to be or whatever. It certainly does for sure. At the same time, I committed to the University of Alabama at the start of the season and when I was a recruit and I’m going to own up to that commitment until the season ends."

I appreciate Ty staying throughout the season. He's being recruited, hard. I fear his father is going to screw up his career.

On another, yet similar topic.

We've talked many times before, but wanted a refresher. Do the Tagovailoa's still like Alabama? I just don't see as much out of Tua in respect to his appreciation or pride like just about every other player in the NFL from Alabama.

Seeing his dad likely had a hand in Taulia's decision to skip his bowl game, for whatever reason, it just makes me wonder if they as a whole are so conceited with themselves that they don't like Saban or Alabama for things that may have gone down during both boy's tenure. His dad had a say in everything they did and was "the voice", so when you talk about Simpson's dad I see a lot of Tua and Taulia's there as well.

Maybe I'm ignorant, full disclosure as I could be here. He is just one player that I like and respect, but also feel has turned cold to just about everything where he used to be a very likeable guy. Did the last Dolphins coach kill his personality and trust like they said? Am I just missing a whole side of him? I still watch him play every chance I get, pull for him to win the Super Bowl, and love the guy, but have just noticed how reserved he is more now that ever and when he does talk it comes across as arrogance a lot of the time.

Tua is all Bama still, I would bet on it. The family is gonna be where their son as far as college is, would be my thoughts. I have a VERY close friend that's Hawaiian from my Military days. Very Family oriented, loyal to a degree some don't understand. You get on the side of them its forever. Loyal people. Got your back if they fully trust you.

Added, they have great BS detectors also.

My Daughter and I made a selfie with Tia’s parents, when he was at Bama! Very nice people.and very gracious. His mom hugged our necks and his Dad shook our hands. That’s what I remember of them.
That sounds exactly right about the culture identity Hawaiians have. No way the family didn't talk with Coach Saban during that transfer and not have a understanding.

Makes sense. I never saw anything outside of that mentality, but with Taulia's move and how Tua handles himself now I just have kind of wondered.
I saw Tua on the Mannings show they do thats side by side with Monday night games, and Peyton asked Tua to pick up his guitar and play Rocky top, He started shredding Sweet Home Alabama. Funny as it could get. Payton even said "Thats a good song too, I am ok with that." LMAO

I’m glad he’s sticking with the team through the bowl season. That means a lot. I’ll add the difference between his dad and Tua’s dad - Ty’s dad is a head coach of a college football program. I don’t remember what Tua’s dad’s background was, but I don’t think he was a college football head coach.

I’m glad he’s sticking with the team through the bowl season. That means a lot. I’ll add the difference between his dad and Tua’s dad - Ty’s dad is a head coach of a college football program. I don’t remember what Tua’s dad’s background was, but I don’t think he was a college football head coach.
Galu serves as the CEO, owner, and coach of Raising Champions LLC, an organization that trains athletes while emphasizing family, culture, and religion. He played and coached at local levels.

On another, yet similar topic.

We've talked many times before, but wanted a refresher. Do the Tagovailoa's still like Alabama? I just don't see as much out of Tua in respect to his appreciation or pride like just about every other player in the NFL from Alabama.

Seeing his dad likely had a hand in Taulia's decision to skip his bowl game, for whatever reason, it just makes me wonder if they as a whole are so conceited with themselves that they don't like Saban or Alabama for things that may have gone down during both boy's tenure. His dad had a say in everything they did and was "the voice", so when you talk about Simpson's dad I see a lot of Tua and Taulia's there as well.

Maybe I'm ignorant, full disclosure as I could be here. He is just one player that I like and respect, but also feel has turned cold to just about everything where he used to be a very likeable guy. Did the last Dolphins coach kill his personality and trust like they said? Am I just missing a whole side of him? I still watch him play every chance I get, pull for him to win the Super Bowl, and love the guy, but have just noticed how reserved he is more now that ever and when he does talk it comes across as arrogance a lot of the time.

Tua comes to Tuscaloosa back every year to do a fundraising dinner with Saban for both of their charities. There's no bad blood.

Back
Top Bottom