| NEWS Alabama football: Ty Simpson betting favorite to start at QB Week 1 - On3.com

The problem isn't arm "talent." It's touch, accuracy, decision-making, and ball security. He's clearly the third best option at this point.

Arm talent consists of all those traits. Otherwise "arm strength" would have been used. Every quarterback hits and misses throws. Learning to utilize the tools they have takes time. I've seen enough of Mikroe and Simpson to know I'm taking Milroe right now in an SEC game.

Also curious how much you've actually watch Buchner and Simpson. Buchner has the tools, but the ACC and Notre Dame ain't tge SEC, and his injury concerns are valid. Ty Simpson, one A-Day game?

Look at Hurts. With a line, he will be better. Him and Bryce were under constant pressure last year. Y'all act like Milroe is a middle school quarterback. Dude has more athleticism and ability than all of us combined, so it's almost comical how he's being discounted to QB3 with "no arm" talent. Bryce received all the attention and reps the last three years, even while he was backup. Milroe getting more attention and focus will develop him.
So I'm gonna say this again.... It's been said that he's a good QB and that he needs more time developing as QB. Having BOB as a coach didn't help at all. Same thing with Jalen when he had kiffin and Dan eno came and developed him. Milroe is in same boat.

Trust me when I said this: the battle is between Simpson and Buchner for the starting position right now. Milroe is behind development wise.

It has been said several times on different boards with different insiders with known connections to the program.

If Milroe plays, it'll be a small package designed for him.

Fyi... Jalen number passing wise wasn't very good his first two years.... Let me go and check.

How do you know? "Ain't close" is a bold statement for a guy suiting up at QB for Nick Saban. I don't expect everyone to see how a guy can fit and play at a position. Some people have a knack for it and others don't. You downplayed Bryce, so I'm not so focused on your idea of the ideal candidate.
For this season, it's either of the other two.

Arm talent consists of all those traits. Otherwise "arm strength" would have been used. Every quarterback hits and misses throws. Learning to utilize the tools they have takes time. I've seen enough of Mikroe and Simpson to know I'm taking Milroe right now in an SEC game.

Also curious how much you've actually watch Buchner and Simpson. Buchner has the tools, but the ACC and Notre Dame ain't tge SEC, and his injury concerns are valid. Ty Simpson, one A-Day game?
And, if it's a top 20 team, we lose that SEC game.

Here's what I noticed during A-Day. During warm ups while they were standing still about 20 yards apart, Simpson hit his target in the numbers every single time. Milroe's throws ranged from knees to overhead and a step left and right of his target.

So I'm gonna say this again.... It's been said that he's a good QB and that he needs more time developing as QB. Having BOB as a coach didn't help at all. Same thing with Jalen when he had kiffin and Dan eno came and developed him. Milroe is in same boat.

Trust me when I said this: the battle is between Simpson and Buchner for the starting position right now. Milroe is behind development wise.

It has been said several times on different boards with different insiders with known connections to the program.

If Milroe plays, it'll be a small package designed for him.

Fyi... Jalen number passing wise wasn't very good his first two years.... Let me go and check.

Not gonna lie, I don't trust anyone with 'inside information' anymore. Close connections to the program don't impress me and Saban is like the police and only the things that get out are what he wants to get out and he holds in the pertinent information. Lot of us arm chair quarterbacks out there that claim to know someone or something.

Here's what I noticed during A-Day. During warm ups while they were standing still about 20 yards apart, Simpson hit his target in the numbers every single time. Milroe's throws ranged from knees to overhead and a step left and right of his target.

Our punters also kick the ball 60 yards in warm ups, but average about 40 in the game. When the lights come on...

Did Blake Barnett shined on A day? I'm just saying....

I like his ability, but his game experience means zero when Texas rolls in, or LSU, at Texas A&M, and when Tennessee comes to us. His ACC exploits don't translate to SEC ball if you ask me. Being nit picky there, but I'mnot sold, but would rather see him over Simpson.
Pick two games you think the team will lose game with the qbs we have... And I'll tell you why I'm not worried about them.

Pick two games you think the team will lose game with the qbs we have... And I'll tell you why I'm not worried about them.

At Texas A&M and LSU at home.

Texas A&M due to atmosphere and the uncertainty of their offensive play calling. Their secondary is tough as well.

LSU just because of a mobile quarterback and Harold Perkins on defense with Maason Smith coming back. They always have an athletic secondary.

Both teams have athletes/speed and recruited well on their defensive line.

For tge record, I don't think we lose either of those, just stating who I think we have trouble out of.

Again, it will be the first game we all will find out! What I would love to see is all three QBs run out onto the field. And the running back takes the snap from center! Yes! I know this would never happen!
But I'm reading and hearing it going to be Ty.

I like his ability, but his game experience means zero when Texas rolls in, or LSU, at Texas A&M, and when Tennessee comes to us. His ACC exploits don't translate to SEC ball if you ask me. Being nit picky there, but I'mnot sold, but would rather see him over Simpson.
I'll take his ACC experience over Milroe's SEC experience any day.

I was think Ty Simpson would run away with it, from a talent stand point.
In conversation with a friend of a friend kinda thing (take it with a grain of salt) that Saban did not bring Tyler Buchner in to sit the bench either….

At Texas A&M and LSU at home.

Texas A&M due to atmosphere and the uncertainty of their offensive play calling. Their secondary is tough as well.

LSU just because of a mobile quarterback and Harold Perkins on defense with Maason Smith coming back. They always have an athletic secondary.

Both teams have athletes/speed and recruited well on their defensive line.

For tge record, I don't think we lose either of those, just stating who I think we have trouble out of.
TAMU on the road for Bama- TAMU is inconsistent team. Their performance in 2021 and 2022 left us with many questions we must ask regarding the identity of the TAMU football program as a whole. The last two or three recruiting cycle, it should've been enough to put them in the hunt for the playoff for years to come, but due to Jimbo's issue with offense, and his hiring of Bobby Peewee as his OC, I have little faith that they will be successful again this year. With the elite receiving corps, and the RB... I think they will score 20-30 points against Bama. The issue is their TAMU defense. I don't think they have enough to stop Bama offense consistently. Bottom line.. I said all of the BS... We lost to TAMU on the road in 2021... by 3 points. No way Saban will want to lose to them twice in Texas. I expect this to be not so close game by 3rd quarter.

LSU- Daniels.. still not proven QB. He runs first before throw. I see him doing the same thing. He has experienced OL line and real good TE. he just don't take advantages of them. Defense especially in secondary is questionable. The league now know how to figure out LSU's scheme, so I think Alabama will handle them. They really don't like to lose to team twice. This one should be a blowout or a win by 15 points at least.

TAMU on the road for Bama- TAMU is inconsistent team. Their performance in 2021 and 2022 left us with many questions we must ask regarding the identity of the TAMU football program as a whole. The last two or three recruiting cycle, it should've been enough to put them in the hunt for the playoff for years to come, but due to Jimbo's issue with offense, and his hiring of Bobby Peewee as his OC, I have little faith that they will be successful again this year. With the elite receiving corps, and the RB... I think they will score 20-30 points against Bama. The issue is their TAMU defense. I don't think they have enough to stop Bama offense consistently. Bottom line.. I said all of the BS... We lost to TAMU on the road in 2021... by 3 points. No way Saban will want to lose to them twice in Texas. I expect this to be not so close game by 3rd quarter.

LSU- Daniels.. still not proven QB. He runs first before throw. I see him doing the same thing. He has experienced OL line and real good TE. he just don't take advantages of them. Defense especially in secondary is questionable. The league now know how to figure out LSU's scheme, so I think Alabama will handle them. They really don't like to lose to team twice. This one should be a blowout or a win by 15 points at least.

Texas A&M shoukd br riding a two game win streak against us. They beat Bryce with a backup quarterback and almost beat Milroe on the last play. Say what you want, but we better dig deep, and I don't see a three quarter game.

LSU, always a hard fought game. They beat Bryce and will have most of that team back. Daniels is more proven than anyone we have, so I can only tilt my head in not understanding that point. Brian Kelly will come ready toplay with a solid game plan.

Back
Top Bottom