| NEWS OJ Simpson has passed.

Fun fact: I was in California for both. In San Diego as OJ was riding in the backseat coming down the San Diego Freeway and in LA for the Rodney King riots.
Saw OJ and Todd Christensen together on bourbon Street right before the murders, they were both polite autographing stuff for people, I just bought them a beer and I was 16, gotta love bourbon st

Rumor has it OJ had a gun to his head in the white bronco that day.. a good fast police car and a pit maneuver might’ve saved us from the “trial of the century” and the strife it caused..

Last edited:
Definitely an event that increased the racial divide. Rodney King incident was another of those fracturing, devisive events.
I saw Rodney in the gym of the Marriott Marquis in Manhattan one night, would have been around 2010-2011. I walked up and said hello to make sure it was him. We small talked for a few minutes. He passed away pretty soon after.

One of those events where it seemed like the world stopped, both the chase and the verdict. I was in a condo in Destin a HS friend during the chase, we were glued to the TV all evening. The verdict came when we were on a field trip loading up the buses to go back to the HS after a visit to Faulkner State Community College in Bay Minette. Someone on another bus had a radio on as the verdict was read and they relayed it to the other buses as a storm cloud opened up overhead. Reactions were mixed, most were stunned. The whole ordeal from start to finish was surreal. And Norm Macdonald skewering him every weekend on SNL in a way only Norm could... weird, but that will also always stick out in my mind.
I was in the classroom either teaching a Health or History class and we had the TV on and muted right before the crawler came across saying a verdict was eminent. The reactions were mixed in my classroom and there were a few faculty members that used it to act like a total fool in the hallways “during class!”

I don't remember where I was exactly the day of the "chase", at work most likely. Did catch a few minutes of it on the news later that evening after I got home from work. The chase , the trial and the verdict seemed a farce to me. Under the Big Top.

I don't remember where I was exactly the day of the "chase", at work most likely
I'm a little surprised I do remember. That Rex store I was working at was the Man Men of appliance stores. By that, I mean the "extra-curricular" activities enjoyed at work.

Thinking back ... loved that job as a college student. You'd be shocked at the amount of money you could make in the early to mid 90's at those stores...especially as a college student. You could make $250-$400 on a weekend, 14 hours, easily.

Rumor has it OJ had a gun to his head in the white bronco that day.. a good fast police car and a pit maneuver might’ve saved us from the “trial of the century” and the strife it caused..
1. He did have a gun to his head
2. All police cars are fast - faster than the Bronco
3. It was a slow-speed chase. A pit maneuver would have exposed the police to gunfire

The admission we all knew...

“. . . in accordance with Nevada law.” Doesn’t sound like the Goldman’s are first in line.

Back
Top Bottom