| FTBL Milroe tells CBS Mornings about the transition and why he decided to stay at Alabama. (Heck of an interview...Jalen nails it.)

Well spoken young man and a great piece but I worry these guys are having a lot of off the field distractions with all of this access... It is probably great for them and NIL but will it be at the expense of on field production? Hope not.

Oh good lord. As you are walking, stop looking around the corner and focus on straight ahead.

I get what he is saying. Look at Ajye Hall, Billingsley, and Bond. All NIL focused and can't sit still for two minutes. Countless others around the country too. Saban had even said it. Be curious about the sloppyness of tge sport and penalties thrown in tge last five years against the five or ten before that.

Oh good lord. As you are walking, stop looking around the corner and focus on straight ahead.
I am focused and I want these guys to be focused. I know you believe this new regime is going to just pick up and even go beyond what we have been but I am observing and using what I think is common sense. Distractions are real and more access means more distractions. CKD has shown he can manage it from past experience but the current people in the Bama program have not had that type of exposure so it is new and they will need to learn to manage through it.

Last edited:
I am focused and I want these guys to be focused. I know you believe this new regime is going to just pick up and even go beyond what we have been but I am observing and using what I think is common sense. Distractions are real and more access means more distractions. CKD has shown he can manage it from past experience but the current people in the Bama program have not had that type of exposure so it is new and they will need to learn to manage through it.
?? I think those guys are focused. I don't see anything that suggests that they're not. There will always be soemthing but as long they stay focused, it's non-issue.

He ain't a kid, he's a grown ass man. Nothing wrong with being concerned about where this NIL stuff takes the futures of all these guys. Let them live? Well, look no further than Athens to see where letting them live can get you.
So far that has not impacted what UGA has done on the field but will it eventually? I think it will.

For Bama in the end if all of this does not impact what happens on the field I do not care I just speculate it is possible that it will just like the off the field stuff at UGA. It is not a problem until it is. A lot of change has happened in Tuscaloosa just in terms of football iteself much less the changes to accomodate NIL and the access people have to the players now. I guess in the end whichever organization adapts to this new norm will come out on top.

So far that has not impacted what UGA has done on the field but will it eventually? I think it will.

For Bama in the end if all of this does not impact what happens on the field I do not care I just speculate it is possible that it will just like the off the field stuff at UGA. It is not a problem until it is. A lot of change has happened in Tuscaloosa just in terms of football iteself much less the changes to accomodate NIL and the access people have to the players now. I guess in the end whichever organization adapts to this new norm will come out on top.

It will. Their new starting running back was popped for DUI. Their highly rated #1 receiver was just popped again. Their starting linebacker was just cited. We have yet to see what that does to them, but I do know they will eventually run out of plug players and run up against a team not called Vanderbilt and South Carolina when it does matter.

It's no different than the social media affects on young kids. Suicide rates are up, ADHD diagnosis are up, depression is rampant. People want to let their kids live their lives, but without structure it has proved over and over again that they crumble. No different than most one parent households and how they struggle over two parent households. That statistics are everywhere when it comes to how to raise and manage a child, young person, and adult.

Makes me have really vivid dreams!!!!
Some good, some bad!!!!!

I quit smoking weed a few years ago and the dreams were so crazy and life like. I kept a pen and paper by the bed so when i woke up i could write them down. Like one i had where the world had ended and tankers had ran a shore at the beach and zombies were everywhere. I had a shotgun that ammo was filled with acid. Not the kind that burns but the tripping kind. And many more. I ALMOST started again to stop just to get the dreams again. Almost that is.

Back
Top Bottom