| FTBL Alabama Football Quarterback Jalen Milroe Projected to Transfer to 2022 College Football Playoff Team

I'd say Alabama with Hurts and Tua would be an exception to that rule, we needed that 2nd QB to get us past the SEC championship and to win the Natty a year before
That saying isn't referring to injuries, it refers to a 2QB system, i.e., a system utilized because there is no separation between the two, or for whatever reason a coach won't choose one.

A good backup is a necessity, not 1A and 1B.

That saying isn't referring to injuries, it refers to a 2QB system, i.e., a system utilized because there is no separation between the two, or for whatever reason a coach won't choose one.

A good backup is a necessity, not 1A and 1B.
Or a coach recognizing that they can use two qbs to maximize the team best chance of winning the games. If done right, it can work.

Or a coach recognizing that they can use two qbs to maximize the team best chance of winning the games. If done right, it can work.
Saban has only used two quarterbacks in a system once; 2004, LSU, with Russell and Randall. No doubt it gave them the best chance to win as neither of the two had good seasons. Between the two there were at least 10 games where they were under 50% passing completion. Russell missed one of their 11 games and still was within 20 on passing attempts. Truly a two QB system.

Coincidentally, UGA killed them that year with Bobo on staff...20+ point difference that Saturday.

Saban has only used two quarterbacks in a system once; 2004, LSU, with Russell and Randall. No doubt it gave them the best chance to win as neither of the two had good seasons. Between the two there were at least 10 games where they were under 50% passing completion. Russell missed one of their 11 games and still was within 20 on passing attempts. Truly a two QB system.

Coincidentally, UGA killed them that year with Bobo on staff...20+ point difference that Saturday.
Saban has not really liked the 2 QB systems unless he's forced to do so.

Usually, correct me if I'm wrong, Saban typically wants to see separation between the QBs by end of the spring, and see if it continues throughout summer and fall camp. I think we'll know who Milroe/Simpson will be training with QB coaches during spring break.. I just wonder who and etc.

@Justneedme81 The only exception with Saban was Mark, in 2009, and we're not talking about two QB's. The first play from scrimmage was Ingram in shotgun running the Wildcat.

Something along those lines would change the story this season. Otherwise, it's a safe guess the guy leading the 1's on A-day is leading the 1's in August.

Saban has not really liked the 2 QB systems unless he's forced to do so.

Usually, correct me if I'm wrong, Saban typically wants to see separation between the QBs by end of the spring, and see if it continues throughout summer and fall camp. I think we'll know who Milroe/Simpson will be training with QB coaches during spring break.. I just wonder who and etc.

True...but came outta camp with one...and quickly inserted the other ( Hurts)... 201?
was strange....but worked...

A good QB battle will be the lead topic this Spring and maybe into Fall camp. We all know that CNS is going to go with the guy that “wins the team, takes care of the ball, and puts the team in the best possible position to win games!” Let’s take a look at the candidates.
Jalen Milroe- back up last year to BY and played admirably. Shows flashes of a young Jalen Hurts. He seems to make one read and then rely on his legs much like Hurts. Milroe struggled throwing the deep ball. To my eye, it comes from poor mechanics, either footwork, stride, and/or weight transfer. Without looking, his 3 picks came on deep passes where the WR had the defense beat but the ball was under thrown. He completed roughly 58% of his passes. He needs and should benefit from a good QB coach.
Ty Simpson- Ty Simpson, Alabama Crimson Tide, Quarterback
5* and #26 overall coming out of HS. Son of a coach, according to 247Sports, he looks to extend plays in and out of the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield, using different arm angles and good arm strength as well. Very limited stats last season, 3/4 for 80 yards.
Eli Holstein
#89 overall 4* with traditional QB size at 6’4” 222lbs. Eli Holstein, Alabama Crimson Tide, Quarterback

Dylan Lonagren-#159 overall 4* QB 6’2 212lbs

A good QB battle will be the lead topic this Spring and maybe into Fall camp. We all know that CNS is going to go with the guy that “wins the team, takes care of the ball, and puts the team in the best possible position to win games!” Let’s take a look at the candidates.
Jalen Milroe- back up last year to BY and played admirably. Shows flashes of a young Jalen Hurts. He seems to make one read and then rely on his legs much like Hurts. Milroe struggled throwing the deep ball. To my eye, it comes from poor mechanics, either footwork, stride, and/or weight transfer. Without looking, his 3 picks came on deep passes where the WR had the defense beat but the ball was under thrown. He completed roughly 58% of his passes. He needs and should benefit from a good QB coach.
Ty Simpson- Ty Simpson, Alabama Crimson Tide, Quarterback
5* and #26 overall coming out of HS. Son of a coach, according to 247Sports, he looks to extend plays in and out of the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield, using different arm angles and good arm strength as well. Very limited stats last season, 3/4 for 80 yards.
Eli Holstein
#89 overall 4* with traditional QB size at 6’4” 222lbs. Eli Holstein, Alabama Crimson Tide, Quarterback

Dylan Lonagren-#159 overall 4* QB 6’2 212lbs
And milroes speed....can never forget...this guy is big ...tough...and FAST

Back
Top Bottom