| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama's 2024 Signing Day Class Update Thread⭐️

I really miss what used to be signing day. If possible, you took off work, and by the end of the day you knew all the players who would be coming.
Usually it's early signing day now. I wouldn't mind them getting rid of early day in December and make it 2-3 days after the National Championship game so around 1/12. Then make open portal season 1 day after the NSD broadcast until schools close up for spring transfers around 1/26 giving two weeks for all transfers to go. Eliminate the transfers taking precedence over recruits. I guess they could also flip flop and have NSD during the early signing period and then transfer period after national championship finishes. Just my 2 cents.

I don’t think we should all get too giddy about Williams commitment or re-commitment. Yes, I hope he signs with Bama but will be no surprise if he pulls a fast one. He is a great high school player but it’s yet to be seen as a college player. As I’ve said before I’m old school and don’t like all this me, me, me stuff and there’s no doubt he likes the attention. RTR.

Early signing day needs to be scrapped… signing day needs to be moved well into the off season… far away from coaching change blitzes..
I’d like to see early sighting to be in the summer before fall. If they can commit early, make them commit early although I’m not sure commitment is really much anymore with the portal.

They have to do something to help early enrollees, so I don't think Early Signing is something they can get rid of with how high school curriculums work these days. More and more kids are finishing sooner. Williams is finishing an entire year early, as is Juju Lewis (was class of 2026) in 2025. Moving the date up seems more likely, but then you push into the whole not being able till offer till Junior year type stuff which adds even more confusion.

They need to get a committee in there and just re-write everything. Re-write the rules for the game, recruiting, and for the institutions involved. It's all a muddy mess that will never dry up.

Back
Top Bottom